Julien

A way to balance Stun/Arrest (It is op, accept it)

Try sticking with a teammate when someone on the opposing team is going LTL. I have never been arrested when I had a teammate nearby because the cop that managed to stun me either has to finish me off with a lethal gun (which would've already happened anyway if he was going lethal), or get himself killed trying to arrest me. Now if you're losing to a pig+perc in a 1v1 only thing I can suggest is try not to get within 10m or maybe counter with a strife+perc.

EDIT: Another thing to consider are the other Enfs on the team. There were so many times when I should've been arrested but other teammates decided to take the easy kill.

Edited by Scavenger*from*Joker

9 hours ago, Julien said:

Dealying your respawn... almost non-recoil stabba weapons with huge ranges... perc+pig..... 

Am not saying that Stunning/arresting should be removed, but criminals should be able to counter this mechanic (being able to help your arrested teammate it's just not enought, usually enforcers kill you while you are arrested if they note that another crim is coming) and may be a nice way to balance the situation is providing a similar mechanic to criminals. Criminals should be able to tie and gag enforcers like they are taking a hostage.

I got the idea because i have some friends who literally have left the game because of stunning, and i understand them, it's frustrating and annoying as hell. Yeah they could just go enforcers, but who am I to tell them what to do.

anyways, it is just an idea and since there are many post complaingin about stun/arrest I thought this might be usefull.... or not

I'd like to introduce you to the  O-PGL 79 CDIcon_LTL_GrenadeLauncher.pngThis Bad Boy can fit so many stuns.

6 shots per volley.

10 meter stun radius 

2 shots to stun

Has the potential to stun at 95 meters. (using Apex Jumps)

Can In Theory stun 27 people with 2 shots if they are all crowded together in a 10 meter radius (the size of 3 kolvas hugging)

But still no. Even with all that stunning is not op in a city where meta kills are under 2 seconds this still takes 1.75 seconds to stun while the Ntec will still destroy you before you even fire 2 shots.

The skill and positioning needed to not only stun someone while your being fired at by 2 ntecs hield by gold players and then having to probably run 30-40 meters while under fire to arrest someone who by the way is also probably behind cover.

The second you press F to arrest you can't move and will probably die (even with Mk IV handcuffs) your not the first person Criminal to complain about LTL it's a risk-reward niche you don't see many max golds (at least the one's that plan on staying gold) using LTL all the time.

And in closing i do agree PIG + PERC is top quality Cheese material 0.50 second stun is just Ludacris (i like my spelling better :P) And don't even mention the PIG with 3 point sling.

"Almost no recoil" have you ever actually used one on a moving target at 30+ meters? and i stopped taking you seriously when you said "stabba weapons with huge ranges... perc+pig"

Do you also think the True Ogre was named after Shrek?.

I'm sorry criminals have no interest in keeping their "Fellow enforcers" alive. Do you realize San Paro doesn't even serve corn dogs IT'S UTTER CHAOS.

"Teammates can still kill your stuns" Ah the amount of times I've spent almost 30 seconds trying to stun a HVR just to have my friend run him over as a run over there (3 times talking about 70 meter stun) 

LTL Is not OP if you've played games longer you'd be able to tell the difference between LTL and

this which Is OP LTL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UrjYEpIUME

and if you actually passed LVL 200. FLACK JACKET (it stops PERC PIG combo)

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, K3ith said:

You tellin me you don't enjoy getting arrested by female cops? 

Its honestly funny when they arrest you and start doing emotes or play some music.

LTL is just the thing I tk you for not switching from. 

Nothing worse than losing a mission cuz some dude is like "hurr durr my cop role". 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

LTL is just the thing I tk you for not switching from. 

Nothing worse than losing a mission cuz some dude is like "hurr durr my cop role". 

Or just don't play with randoms if you can't accept losing because of random teammates. Let others play the way they want to.

Speaking of LTL, it is so far away from being OP. The only thing regarding LTL that could be called op is the pig and perc combo, but even that is weak sauce compared to other guns in the game.

LTL is only annoying when 2 or more people play it, and even then, they need coordination to do well.

Stunning someone takes way longer than just shooting someone, and then you have to get to your stunned enemy and arrest them, and then guard them so they don't get uncuffed.

Im too lazy to write long post so ill just put couple of points where ltl is stupid/badly designed

- none ltl weapons doing stamina dmg, which leads to PIG being 1 shot stun gun(dog ear im looking at you, qs with it is just stupid AND easy)

- PIG doing 950 stamina dmg, like SRSLY? why does it have to be this much?

- Clotting Agent and Med Spray not affecting your stamina regen... WHY?! I cant count how many times I ve been pigged just because I took some dmg 8 seconds ago, also 1 v 1 against smart ltl users where they ll hide for just long enough to regen their health so you cant finish him off where's you on the other hand can do nothing.

- stun nades being an insta stun if hit dead on, now u ll say 'but they have small blast radious' so did concs yet they were nerfed cause people realize it didnt fit apb gunplay.

- percs.

• Like 1

No, you will not get similar criminal weapons to counter this mechanic in the same fashion.

No, LTL is not overpowered and you should stop crying.

No, *conceptionally* there is no way a criminal can arrest a cop, it doesn't work that way.

No, this is not the first thread about this and you are not original in any way.

Please feel free to anticipate a thread lock.

Goodbye.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Julien said:

Dealying your respawn... almost non-recoil stabba weapons with huge ranges... perc+pig....

Am not saying that Stunning/arresting should be removed, but criminals should be able to counter this mechanic (being able to help your arrested teammate it's just not enought, usually enforcers kill you while you are arrested if they note that another crim is coming) and may be a nice way to balance the situation is providing a similar mechanic to criminals. Criminals should be able to tie and gag enforcers like they are taking a hostage.

I got the idea because i have some friends who literally have left the game because of stunning, and i understand them, it's frustrating and annoying as hell. Yeah they could just go enforcers, but who am I to tell them what to do.

anyways, it is just an idea and since there are many post complaingin about stun/arrest I thought this might be usefull.... or not

1. Respawn Delay - Yup, that and a point increase are the only real benefit to running LtL loadouts.

2. Stabba weapons with huge ranges and no recoil. The low recoil is true, but is completely offset by the fact that it takes much longer to stun than it takes for your enemy to kill. Also, Stabba is capped out at effectively 50m for the LtL primaries (hard cap on the nl9, and the dropoff for the ccg), anything farther than that it'd be difficult to get the arrest anyway. The DMR might be the exception here, as it can stun at longer ranges, but it's still incredibly hard to get the arrest at those distances.

3. Perc+pig - I actually feel like this needs to be balanced a little bit better, but as it stands, isn't a pressing issue. The pig is a single fire taser that takes forever to reload, so if you miss your shot you're dead. If you don't kill during the reload, that's not the LtL players fault.

4. Crims need an alternative to arresting - There is no need to blur the line between crims and enforcers any further than it already is.

I understand that mechanics might seem one sided at times, but as it stands, if you're being bested by LtL you'll more than likely be even more frustrated with that same player using lethal weapons. You and your friends would actually do well to make some enforcers just to try it out and see how everything works. It teaches you how hard it can be, and even how to avoid playing into situations where LtL can win.

• Thanks 5

5 hours ago, GhosT said:

Or just don't play with randoms if you can't accept losing because of random teammates. Let others play the way they want to.

Speaking of LTL, it is so far away from being OP. The only thing regarding LTL that could be called op is the pig and perc combo, but even that is weak sauce compared to other guns in the game.

LTL is only annoying when 2 or more people play it, and even then, they need coordination to do well.

Stunning someone takes way longer than just shooting someone, and then you have to get to your stunned enemy and arrest them, and then guard them so they don't get uncuffed.

How about a compromise?

I'll not tk you... but I will kill all your stuns.

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

How about a compromise?

cant kill my stuns if i stun u first :^)

16 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

^this guy gets it^

33 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

gets kicked for stun demerit

They actually went a few extra steps to make it underpowered, such as less reserved ammo, extra shot to stun versus similar weapon's shot to kill.

Edited by mynd

Perc + Pig, you are all forgetting to add the time it takes to load and toss the Perc then swap and fire the PIG with 100% accuracy in less than 10 meters.

It takes longer to load and toss a perc then swap weapons and kill/stun a person than it does to kill with a .65 TTK OCA.

As for LTL, it is far from OP.  Anyone with less than maxed out cop role doesn't have room to argue that LTL is OP.

32 minutes ago, mynd said:

They actually went a few extra steps to make it underpowered, such as less reserved ammo, extra shot to stun versus similar weapon's shot to kill.

don't forget that when all the lethal weapons TTK was lowered, the LTL weapons stun time was untouched.  Hell, the PIG even got a nerf from two rounds loaded to one.

Edited by illgot

16 hours ago, Clandestine said:

If it's OP then why not most of enfs run with stabbas?

Bingo! 

19 hours ago, Hexerin said:

"Less than lethal is OP."

There goes any credibility your post would have otherwise had.

You have to have credibility yourself first bud. 

If LTL is broken then the HVR is balanced. LTL is actually UP as way back it was never changed after G1 changed the weapons around to make them kill slightly faster. Percs are just broken as hell and thats why they are considered top tier crutch. Broken + no skill needed = able to make anything bs = crutch.

On 10/25/2018 at 4:47 AM, CookiePuss said:

How about a compromise?

I kill stuns even after they arrested. I don't care, I'll take the demerit. 

• Thanks 1

The only real issues where LTL becomes OP are the result of the PIG having the ability to be hot garbage with certain weapon combinations like percs, ISSR B, and more rarely shotguns (the latter being more common in fightclub).

Also I'm annoyed by the fact that fragile and Kevlar don't take stamina damage into account at all. Kevlar increases your health to resist damage from lethal bullets, but somehow is completely bypassed by beanbags and taser rounds. Meanwhile fragile just acts like a straight buff because your stamina is not reduced along with your health value.

I can't help but laugh everytime i see somebody claim LTL is OP.

I would much rather fight vs enforcers using LTL because it actually puts them at a severe disadvantage.

Heres why.

When an enf uses ltl he/she must not only stun you, but then follow up with an arrest or a kill.

Had the enf been using a lethal weapon, you would be dead right there. Instead you are just stunned and technically have a second chance to live via a team mate killing whoever stunned you or shaking off the stun before said enforcer gets a chance to arrest or finish you with a kill, and if you do get arrested, your team still has a chance to kill whoever arrested you and free you of your cuffs. That basically means every time you go toe to toe with an LTL toting enf, you get 2 lives per spawn.

Enforcers do not have the chance to recover from stuns or arrests. They only get one chance to kill or be killed.

As far as the perc/pig cheeser combo, crims can use percs and a jg shotgun to get the same results without having to follow up with a kill or an arrest.

I do agree that the long respawn time is annoying and can appear to be unfair. But in reality, its the only pro LTL gives the enforcers, compared to the downsides of using LTL that i previously listed.

This is all just my opinion ofcourse, but hopefully this reply helps others to better understand the real disadvantage LTL brings to enforcers.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 2:14 AM, Julien said:

Dealying your respawn... almost non-recoil stabba weapons with huge ranges... perc+pig..... 

You literally forgot the ONLY somehow OP thing about LTL which are the one-hit stun grenades. Everything else is simply garbage and I don't understand your complaints.

However I agree that it would be fun seeing a new weapon type added for crims, or maybe an LTL mechanic that can be used by crims (interrogating instead of arresting maybe?)

stun weapons are fine just nerf PERCS -.- or just remove it ...

Edited by _gousk

It's not OP, it's just super boring when a player manages to stun you. You just sit there, and wait. If you could move while handcuffed at least you wouldn't be bored.

• Like 1

Give Crims an Exclusive grenade "Molotov" since it makes sense that crims would improsive weapons.

2 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

It's not OP, it's just super boring when a player manages to stun you. You just sit there, and wait. If you could move while handcuffed at least you wouldn't be bored.

That's true, could be a good mechanic to be able to move if the enforcers are not around you for x seconds to control you. That way enforcers could not leave the arrested crims alone.
Meaning that wouldn't be as OP as it is now, while the can arrest you and leave you, making your respawn 2 or 3 times longer.

Edited by TheKeanuReeves