hop

Can i use povohat mouse accel?

It's allowed currently, but it may not always be allowed, I used it on BE a while ago and had no issues. Mouse accel gamers btw.

what exactly is the advantage to mouse accel in gaming? easier long-range tracking or something? never used it so i'm totally oblivious to the workings of mouse accel

Other than the mouse accelerator, what about a regular gaming mouse? I was thinking of getting one so I wouldn't have to search on my keyboard for the crouch, jump, ammo box, etc keys and just assign them to the mouse. Is that something that could get you banned? (I'm thinking that you might be considered "Macro'ing" but I really don't know if that is so. I only have a regular mouse right now). 

Not sure if battleeye will ban you for it but if mouse acceleration involves a 3rd party program giving you an advantage over others than that is cheating. 

Why would you want mouse acceleration anyway, isn't it a bit unpredictable as to where your mouse goes with it? Just master higher sensitivity, less hand strains and more flexibility. 

5 hours ago, Akahi said:

Other than the mouse accelerator, what about a regular gaming mouse? I was thinking of getting one so I wouldn't have to search on my keyboard for the crouch, jump, ammo box, etc keys and just assign them to the mouse. Is that something that could get you banned? (I'm thinking that you might be considered "Macro'ing" but I really don't know if that is so. I only have a regular mouse right now). 

If you can set it in the in game setting its totally fine. 

8 hours ago, LordVegeta said:

Not sure if battleeye will ban you for it but if mouse acceleration involves a 3rd party program giving you an advantage over others than that is cheating. 

Mouse acceleration is not an advantage lol. It's just a form of mouse movement that allows people who have been playing with mouse accel to keep muscle memory in tact.

6 hours ago, K3ith said:

Why would you want mouse acceleration anyway, isn't it a bit unpredictable as to where your mouse goes with it? Just master higher sensitivity, less hand strains and more flexibility. 

It's not unpredictable if it's set up correctly, that's a myth.

Why would anyone ever want to use mouse acceleration?

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

But why

You'd be surprised about the benefits it can provide when learned properly. Going from ~55cm/360 to ~30-25cm/360 at certain speed, have the advantages of low sens and high sens.

Have a few friends which reported to me that they were at their peak performance when they played on mouse accel, through this utility a guy called povohat made.

It's not only used for mouse accel, you can scale DPI up and down through it as well for some mice that don't support it. Really handy tool.

Edited by 悲しい春

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

Accel can be configured in many ways but i use it for fast 180, in overwatch when i track or flick my sens is 58cm/360 and 23cm/360 when i turn around.

2 hours ago, 悲しい春 said:

You'd be surprised about the benefits it can provide when learned properly. Going from ~55cm/360 to ~30-25cm/360 at certain speed, have the advantages of low sens and high sens.

Have a few friends which reported to me that they were at their peak performance when they played on mouse accel, through this utility a guy called povohat made.

It's not only used for mouse accel, you can scale DPI up and down through it as well for some mice that don't support it. Really handy tool.

Or you can learn to play from your shoulder/elbow like a normal human being and have both of them based on your arm movements that will match muscle memory better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Similarities said:

Mouse acceleration is not an advantage lol. It's just a form of mouse movement that allows people who have been playing with mouse accel to keep muscle memory in tact.

It's not unpredictable if it's set up correctly, that's a myth.

Clearly it's a third party program and youre using it to keep muscle memory in tact (whatevever that means) which sounds like youre trying to give yourself an advantage over other people. This is called a cheat. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

Clearly it's a third party program and youre using it to keep muscle memory in tact (whatevever that means) which sounds like youre trying to give yourself an advantage over other people. This is called a cheat. 

Vegeta, how dumb can you get? Go play on console or something.

15 hours ago, LordVegeta said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Oh, shit, I forgot the token response.

Ask support. (For real though, ask support, we can't help you really.)

15 hours ago, LordVegeta said:

a 3rd party program giving you an advantage over others than that is cheating. 

thats not a slippery slope or anything

I went from playing low sens 52cm/ 360 to playing high sens 26cm / 360 and I pretty much know the benefits for each of them.

hey it be nice to have both, but I won't bother. 

I used to play with mouse accel on csgo, which I did for years, including CSS.

It's all about how comfortable it is and how you play.

3 hours ago, Deadliest said:

I went from playing low sens 52cm/ 360 to playing high sens 26cm / 360 and I pretty much know the benefits for each of them.

hey it be nice to have both, but I won't bother. 

26cm/360 isn't high sens. That is still considered on the lower end of the spectrum. (Or mid)

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

26cm/360 isn't high sens. That is still considered on the lower end of the spectrum. (Or mid)

m8 u wot u 10,0000000000000000000000 DPI user!

8 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Vegeta, how dumb can you get? Go play on console or something.

Are you just upset because im right? Is that not a 3rd party program?