Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Playerbase Back To Pre LO Numbers

This is for @MattScott. The playerbase has returned to the all time low it was at right before LO bought G1 and unless you guys make some core changes now your engine upgrade wont save the game. Fix the threat system, work on matchmaking do something that will improve the core of the game so numbers dont go any lower and you wont have to close down any servers. The ss below was just taken now. Since the new owner hype went away the playerbase is down over 25% between Aug and now.

screen10.png

Edited by Darkzero3802

I recommend reading the following threads:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wow, that's an original thread. The complaints about the matchmaking system definitely haven't been made yet, I wonder why nobody had done that yet. I especially like the screenshot of Steam game statistics - such a bold move that absolutely hasn't been done before by anyone else.

/s, in case it wasn't obvious enough.

Edited by MartinPL

This is not something that's easily remedied on the current engine. They also have to come up with a threat system that works. Bear in mind that you didn't provide a solution, you just said "fix matchmaking and threat system". How? 

I think you might find their solution of district phasing (only possible on 3.5) might alleviate some of this problem. I agree that threat and matchmaking needs a look at to better form balanced teams, but there are pitfalls on either side of the possible solutions. 

• Like 6

imagine pulling up a screenshot early in the day, middle of the week and being like: AHAHAHA LOWEST NUMBERS EVER DO SOMETHING NOW OR ELSE

pls tell us more about how you have had so many successful games and are a master at marketing mr furry

• Like 1

We need 2,2 people to leave

2C43WIv.jpg

I am asking myself how a 0.2 person would look like? Is he like a midget midget?

--

"Work in the matchmaking, with barely any people playing." Darkzero3802, 10/23/2k18.-

Edited by Excalibur!
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kempington said:

This is not something that's easily remedied on the current engine. They also have to come up with a threat system that works. Bear in mind that you didn't provide a solution, you just said "fix matchmaking and threat system". How? 

I think you might find their solution of district phasing (only possible on 3.5) might alleviate some of this problem. I agree that threat and matchmaking needs a look at to better form balanced teams, but there are pitfalls on either side of the possible solutions. 

The phasing cross district system is the only solution that can fix matchmaking imo. Neither old threat system nor other matchmaking changes will fix it, you will still be matching against 40 players.

7 minutes ago, Lign said:

The phasing cross district system is the only solution that can fix matchmaking imo. Neither old threat system nor other matchmaking changes will fix it, you will still be matching against 40 players.

Up to 40.

Remember, they:

- have to be ready

- Not in an opposed mission (unless you're called in as backup)

- (if solo) not in a group of 4 (unless the game can find other team mates of equal threat to you)

- Of similar threat (either combined if in a group or whatever teammate it can find for you if solo)

- have to find a minimum of 2 ( you can get around this, but 1v1s are pointless).

With the above factored in, it's usually a pool of 15-20 players.

Edited by Kempington

10 minutes ago, Kempington said:

Up to 40.

Remember, they:

- have to be ready

- Not in an opposed mission (unless you're called in as backup)

- (if solo) not in a group of 4 (unless the game can find other team mates of equal threat to you)

- Of similar threat (either combined if in a group or whatever teammate it can find for you if solo)

- have to find a minimum of 2 ( you can get around this, but 1v1s are pointless).

With the above factored in, it's usually a pool of 15-20 players.

Indeed. I hope LO’s next target after engine upgrade will be the introduction of the new phasing system because apb needs it asap

Edited by Lign

Fix "mini freezes" and bad "hitreg", improve servers performance and after those things are fixed release cool event with ez earn good rewards .... and when brain wash with "engine update".

Players would come back for cool event and rewards and will stay cuz they notice that they dont get bad hitreg, mini freezes or lag anymore.

giphy.gif

Edited by MartisLTU
  • Like 3

Well, I don't know why people rushed back just because Lo took over. When they took over no engine overhaul would magically pop out of nowhere. But it might still be a good sign, because it shows hw many people still have interest in APB yet just wait for "better times" which emans, engine overhaul, stable servers, stable client performance, and some other issues the game has. If thats done the game can get and hold a lot moe players again. APB's loss of players was the lack of proper maintenance to stay on a healthy working level. People still love APB, but it i in a tehcnically bad state atm, and people hope it will get better so theay can return and be happy again.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 2

this is standard behavior. Pop spikes when there's big news / patch, then dies out until the next update. Rinse and repeat

APB just has really low numbers to work with

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

this is standard behavior. Pop spikes when there's big news / patch, then dies out until the next update. Rinse and repeat

APB just has really low numbers to work with

And attracting players is meaningless if they are not retained.

2 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

I am asking myself how a 0.2 person would look like? Is he like a midget midget?

I dont think you are supposed to call them that anymore.

3 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

This is for @MattScott. The playerbase has returned to the all time low it was at right before LO bought G1 and unless you guys make some core changes now your engine upgrade wont save the game. Fix the threat system, work on matchmaking do something that will improve the core of the game so numbers dont go any lower and you wont have to close down any servers. The ss below was just taken now. Since the new owner hype went away the playerbase is down over 25% between Aug and now.

Hello ✌ 

Me and my 4 Friends still playing APB without Steam. 

Why should i start Steam to start APB launcher? 

Well u think everyone is playing thru Steam right?

Edited by HighSociety

1 minute ago, HighSociety said:

Hello ✌ 

Why should i start a Steam to start APB launcher? 

Free offical not bannable overlay. That's why.

15 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

Hello ✌ 

Why should i start Steam to start APB launcher? 

Well u think everyone is playing thru Steam right?

I think in the past it was shown that over 90% of players use Steam. So the numbers are legit.

19 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I think in the past it was shown that over 90% of players use Steam. So the numbers are legit.

According to APB Watcher, online pop 38 mins ago was 580.

According to Steam Charts, online pop 38 mins ago was 520.

So yeah, 90% - if we assume APB Watcher is a reliable source for the full pop count.

Edited by AsgerLund

Having made one of these threads myself, I share your anxiety.

We should get a boost in pop should the new Halloween event goes live without issues, though pop will drop again when it ends.

We should get a boost in pop if 3.5 goes live by January, but unless major contect follows, most of that spike will drop off soon after.

In my opinion, the future of APB rests solely on "Riot". If this new game mode catches on, APB should be fine. If it doesnt... I'd be surprised if APB ever maintains 2,000 average players. 

Note this is only an opinion. plz no booli

Edited by CookiePuss

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

i think i ditched the g1 client as soon as it was on steam

Just now, Keshi said:

i think i ditched the g1 client as soon as it was on steam

Yeah, I use steam as well. My wife likes to surprise me with steam card from time to time. Made making purchases easy.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah, I use steam as well. My wife likes to surprise me with steam card from time to time. Made making purchases easy.

Got bless steam wallet with your linked steam account.
Gifting disabled tho so if wifey plays apb there aint no gifting

2 minutes ago, Keshi said:

Got bless steam wallet with your linked steam account.
Gifting disabled tho so if wifey plays apb there aint no gifting

Im too good a husband to let my wife play APB. 

Sign in to follow this