Aeronaut

my car got broken into last night

i just walked out of store to make a deliver. i walk towards the parking lot and notice there's a white sedan with the engine running, but as i got closer, i noticed there was no one in the driver seat. i keep walking and turn to my car and noticed this guy stand up between my car and another, with my car being between him and i.

he moves away from my car and starts walking towards me and i initiate my saying "hey, you trying to park?"

he replies back quickly
"yeah"

"alright man, im just right here, i got you"

i squeeze in between my car being careful not to hit my door on the neighboring car. at this time, i hear tires peeling out but i only assumed it was just because it was downtown and there's shitty drivers everywhere. i put my bag down and noticed my postmates bag that is usually wedged in between my car. i looked up and out towards my passenger side window and thought "my window isnt that clean..."

i look at my seat again and noticed the postmates bag, and then small shards of glass. i look at my glove compartment and it's popped open. there's large shards of glass on the floor. there's shards of glass laying on and around my passenger door. took me much longer than i'd like to admit for me to connect the dots. 

i step out of my car, look back to where the white sedan was parked, it was gone. he had realized that i was completely obvious, walked past me, got into his car and drove off as fast as he could. at the same time, i was simply just trying to get into my car to get out of the parking spot for him.

im pretty unknowledgable with cars and i wouldnt know the make or model. i only saw the side of the vehicle as i walked by it.

from what i saw in my car, it seemed like he had broken the glass, reached inside, popped open the glove compartment, pulled out the first thing which was the car handbook. he then reached for the postmates bag wedged in between the seat and put that on top of the manual after realizing nothing was there. he then opened up the armrest and at that time was probably when he had looked up and saw me look at his car and walk towards him. he gets out of my car and stands up, proceeds to walk away and towards me. he realized after my first question of me asking if he needs to park that im completely oblivious and walks to his car before stomping on the gas.

looking back on it, he did approach me as if he was about to fight or pull something out on me because he walked with a sense of insurgency. as soon as i asked him my question, he eased up and slightly turned his direction from me, to his car.

oh well.

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:

because he walked with a sense of urgency

i'm glad that you assumed the best of him and didn't get defensive or scared. from the sound of it he would've had no problems beating you with a pipe if you yelled or made a scene

should have peed on him to assert dominance 

I was hoping the story would end with you beating him with a set of jumper cables.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AsgerLund said:

I was hoping the story would end with you beating him with a set of jumper cables.

nope. im a big dumb. literally accidentally avoided conflict by being completely oblivious.

21 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

should have peed on him to assert dominance 

i have trouble peeing in public bathrooms.

46 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Lucky you didn't get anything stolen, scary shit man.

indeedy. there was a tripod and an umbrella but I think I walked in at the right time before he could have swiped those.

there's no way he had a pipe. at best, a pocket knife. didn't look like he was csrrying a gun. could have been a scrappy fist fight. idk how to fight. 

i have trouble peeing in public bathrooms.

technically not a bathroom 

or maybe technically it was

depends on how much of a house your home is i guess

idk how to fight

you bring shame to your ancestors

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

12 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

nope. im a big dumb. literally accidentally avoided conflict by being completely oblivious.

9 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

could have been a scrappy fist fight. idk how to fight. 

Having solid yapper-skills and being surprisingly fast for my size are big reasons why I haven't been in a fight for the past 20-some years.

In this thread; people being helpless  hopeless in everyday situtaions when push comes to shove. I'm amazed.

39 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

In this thread; people being helpless  hopeless in everyday situtaions when push comes to shove. I'm amazed.

Walking in on a dude while he's breaking into your car is an everyday situation for you? Or are you talking about peeing in public bathrooms?

26 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Walking in on a dude while he's breaking into your car is an everyday situation for you? Or are you talking about peeing in public bathrooms?

Yes, it did happen, and apparently it was during the day, so essentially it's a possiblity that infact occured. What exactly is one expected to do in the given scenario ? Act friendly with the thief and brush it off as if nothing happened ? I mean, that'd be the most rational and logical thing to do if the victim was a western cuck.

38 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

Yes, it did happen, and apparently it was during the day, so essentially it's a possiblity that infact occured. What exactly is one expected to do in the given scenario ? Act friendly with the thief and brush it off as if nothing happened ? I mean, that'd be the most rational and logical thing to do if the victim was a western cuck.

The fact that something is a possibility that actually occurs doesn't make it an everyday situation.

What is one expected to do in the given scenario? My personal reaction would be to make sure I'm safe at all time. So a physical confrontation would be highly unlikely, no need to risk getting shot to death because of of an umbrella and a tri-pod.

However, OP didn't realize it was a thief before the thief sped off, so OP didn't get a chance to act with a "thief", he just interacted with what he thought was a guy looking for a parking space.

7 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

However, OP didn't realize it was a thief before the thief sped off, so OP didn't get a chance to act with a "thief", he just interacted with what he thought was a guy looking for a parking space.

it's okay im just a cuck.

nothing was stolen anyways. at most, might have been a couple dollars i left at the car, but everything was still there because im pretty sure i interrupted him a minute or two into it.

9 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

it's okay im just a cuck.

I appreciate your cuckiness.

1 hour ago, AsgerLund said:

The fact that something is a possibility that actually occurs doesn't make it an everyday situation.

What is one expected to do in the given scenario? My personal reaction would be to make sure I'm safe at all time. So a physical confrontation would be highly unlikely, no need to risk getting shot to death because of of an umbrella and a tri-pod.

The fact that it doesn't occur to the individual at hand everyday doesn't necessarily imply it's not a everyday situation, it probably wouldn't happen to him again in the near future, but it does happen everyday around the world, there's 7 billion of us, out of these 7 billion there'd be atleast 3 or probably 4 billion who are a part of the modern, civilized world, how many cars on a average do you think are registered and owned by individual people and/or households/families ? I'd say quite a lot, so that alone makes it a everyday sitiation, cars get broken into, world-wide, on a daily, if not hourly basis.

Yeah, but that's YOUR reaction, I'm 6'4 with 8 years of experience in boxing and taekwondo itf, It's nothing special, I don't fight/compete professionally, but I will defintiely square off with him, defending what's mine is one of the many things that make me a man in this feminized, matriarchy-ruled, soy boys riddled 21st century.

Lacking awareness is detrimental nowadays, a person should be able to read emotions, bodylanguage and anticipate oncoming threats like its their second nature. But hey, it's not necessarily mandatory :^) 

Edited by ch4ncer

20 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

The fact that it doesn't occur to the individual at hand everyday doesn't necessarily imply it's not a everyday situation, it probably wouldn't happen to him again in the near future, but it does happen everyday around the world, there's 7 billion of us, out of these 7 billion there'd be atleast 3 or probably 4 billion who are a part of the modern, civilized world, how many cars on a average do you think are registrated and owned by individual people and/or households/families ? I'd say quite a lot, so that alone makes it a everyday sitiation, cars get broken into, world-wide, on a daily, if not hourly basis.

Yeah, but that's YOUR reaction, I'm 6'4 with 8 years of experience in boxing and taekwondo itf, It's nothing special, I don't fight/compete professionally, but I will defintiely square off with him, defending what's mine is one of the many things that make me a man in this feminized, matriarchy-ruled, soy boys riddled 21st century.

Lacking awareness is detrimental nowadays, a person should be able to read emotions, bodylanguage and anticipate oncoming threats like its their second nature. But hey, it's not necessarily mandatory :^) 

We disagree on what "everyday situations" are, which is fair enough. We also handle such situations differently, which is also fair enough... according to us feminized, soy boys, white cucks, that is. But not according to you.

And don't 1v1 me in irl 😉

Wait. You didn't saved everyone? And bus driver didn't clap?

I'm disappointed in that story. Dislike.

22 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

We disagree on what "everyday situations" are, which is fair enough. We also handle such situations differently, which is also fair enough... according to us feminized, soy boys, white cucks, that is. But not according to you.

And don't 1v1 me in irl 😉

Cool. I don't 1v1 ever unless it's in the gym/ring. Tall people are like quiet dogs. We dont bark.

3 hours ago, ch4ncer said:

The fact that it doesn't occur to the individual at hand everyday doesn't necessarily imply it's not a everyday situation, it probably wouldn't happen to him again in the near future, but it does happen everyday around the world, there's 7 billion of us, out of these 7 billion there'd be atleast 3 or probably 4 billion who are a part of the modern, civilized world, how many cars on a average do you think are registered and owned by individual people and/or households/families ? I'd say quite a lot, so that alone makes it a everyday sitiation, cars get broken into, world-wide, on a daily, if not hourly basis.

this feels like satire but escalating a situation needlessly is a great way to end up injured, dead, or in jail

not saying you gotta thank him for breaking into your car but “squaring off” with a complete stranger immediately makes you the aggressor, which both gives him an excuse for escalating even further and a legal justification for anything he does to you afterwards

3 hours ago, ch4ncer said:

Cool. I don't 1v1 ever unless it's in the gym/ring. Tall people are like quiet dogs. We dont bark.

Irl with dogs it's also like that.

This big dogs are quiet as hell, it's this small ones which make hell of the noise.

34 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

this feels like satire but escalating a situation needlessly is a great way to end up injured, dead, or in jail

not saying you gotta thank him for breaking into your car but “squaring off” with a complete stranger immediately makes you the aggressor, which both gives him an excuse for escalating even further and a legal justification for anything he does to you afterwards

Noticing someone fucking around my car is deemed as " needlessly " ? Lol. What if my car is under surveilance or has camcoders inside that'd inevitably prove my innocence ? It's an increasing practice to have some sort of monitoring done to your car, at some angle(s) in most of the cases they are key angles, which are most likely to be affected/covered by the video. Im not saying I'd jump him head on the moment I see him but I will ask questions, if he acts stupid or runs away I'd know there's a reason for it. 

Edited by ch4ncer

41 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

Noticing someone fucking around my car is deemed as " needlessly " ? Lol. What if my car is under surveilance or has camcoders inside that'd inevitably prove my innocence ? It's an increasing practice to have some sort of monitoring done to your car, at some angle(s) in most of the cases they are key angles, which are most likely to be affected/covered by the video. Im not saying I'd jump him head on the moment I see him but I will ask questions, if he acts stupid or runs away I'd know there's a reason for it. 

record away, that’s the best thing to do in almost any situation like this

maybe we have different definitions of squaring up but that plus listing your fighting resume led me to believe there would be physical intimidation involved, which is rarely the way to go