foscor77

how to identify a cheater as a player?

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

My killfeed is blue and purple instead of red and green. I am big cheater, yes. No wait... Im just color blind. 

Yes, yes you are. Changing ur files, aka "cheating", for a good cause doesn't justify you changing your files bro. 

Like when people cheat only against other cheaters. That doesn't justify you using cheats at all. it's the same scenario dude. 

6 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

Yes, yes you are. Changing ur files, aka "cheating", for a good cause doesn't justify you changing your files bro. 

Like when people cheat only against other cheaters. That doesn't justify you using cheats at all. it's the same scenario dude. 

The best thing about this conversation is the part where you actually seem to believe what you are saying. 

Plz never leave us, whoever you are. 

Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

The best thing about this conversation is the part where you actually seem to believe what you are saying. 

Plz never leave us, whoever you are. 

The best part about this conversation is the part where you constantly defend cheating. Like it's the right thing to do. 

Why cant you be legit like the rest of us and use your game normally. Nope. Gotta be better, gotta be the best. No matter what it takes. 
#You'reTheReason

29 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

The best part about this conversation is the part where you constantly defend cheating. Like it's the right thing to do. 

Why cant you be legit like the rest of us and use your game normally. Nope. Gotta be better, gotta be the best. No matter what it takes. 
#You'reTheReason

Please check your DMs and the other thread 

in which I prove to you that your use of discord and teamspeak is according to the ToS and support, also cheating.

Then, maybe, we can have this discussion like people capable of independent rational thought.

Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Please check your DMs and the other thread 

in which I prove to you that your use of discord and teamspeak is according to the ToS and support, also cheating.

Then, maybe, we can have this discussion like people capable of independent rational thought.

It's not cheating according to the TOS. Those programs dont alter your stock APB.

Maybe if you stopped supporting configs that alter your stock apb, maybe we can have a decent convo.

Just now, LordVegeta said:

It's not cheating according to the TOS. Those programs dont alter your stock APB.

Maybe if you stopped supporting configs that alter your stock apb, maybe we can have a decent convo.

"Thank you for contacting GamersFirst Customer Support. As players, we understand the desire to use any tools possible to increase your game performance and skills, however, any 3rd-party software, as outlined in the Terms of Service (TOS) that you agreed to at the start of your account creation, is subject to account action and possible banning."

Its like you are purposely being dense.

Just out of curiosity, what is your stance on 3rd party crosshairs since they dont in any way interact with APB or alter the files?

"your use of discord and teamspeak is according to the ToS and support, also cheating."

Just that alone just points out how flawed the TOS are in areas like that.

Like honestly, let's ban EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO USES A COMMUNICATION APPLICATION. Like they expect us to use the built in VOIP? 

I've long since lost any friends who seriously play this husk of a game. So I'm in the green for this ridiculous possible ban as I don't even talk to anyone.

Sad times when a game can ban you for being sociable or coordinated... for a game about teamwork. 

10 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

Just that alone just points out how flawed the TOS are in areas like that.

Like honestly, let's ban EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO USES A COMMUNICATION APPLICATION. Like they expect us to use the built in VOIP? 

I've long since lost any friends who seriously play this husk of a game. So I'm in the green for this ridiculous possible ban as I don't even talk to anyone.

Sad times when a game can ban you for being sociable or coordinated... for a game about teamwork. 

Dont worry, no one has ever been banned for Discord and TeamSpeak. Tiggs herself refused to use VOIP.

I only displayed this to show people how things arent as black and white as they think.

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

"Thank you for contacting GamersFirst Customer Support. As players, we understand the desire to use any tools possible to increase your game performance and skills, however, any 3rd-party software, as outlined in the Terms of Service (TOS) that you agreed to at the start of your account creation, is subject to account action and possible banning."

Just out of curiosity, what is your stance on 3rd party crosshairs since they dont in any way interact with APB or alter the files?

I have to agree with @LordVegetaon this one, as you seem to not actually read the TOS. More specifically:

3 ADDITIONAL LICENSE RESTRICTIONS
3.1 Without prejudice to the generality of condition 1 (the grant of the license), you shall not, and you agree not to:

{...}
3.1.3 modify the Game or any files forming part of the Game in any way not expressly authorized by Reloaded;
3.1.4 use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, modifications or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game;

Unfortunately for your argument, crosshairs fall under the cheats/hacks category that modify the game, unlike Discord that you're trying for some reason to make it appear as equal to cheating/modifying APB.

1 minute ago, Saxtus said:

I have to agree with @LordVegetaon this one, as you seem to not actually read the TOS. More specifically:

3.1 Without prejudice to the generality of condition 1 (the grant of the license), you shall not, and you agree not to:

{...}
3.1.3 modify the Game or any files forming part of the Game in any way not expressly authorized by Reloaded;
3.1.4 use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, modifications or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game;

Unfortunately for your argument, crosshairs fall under the cheats/hacks category that modify the game, unlike Discord that you're trying for some reason to make it appear as equal to cheating/modifying APB.

>the point

>your head

For a moment I thought we had a conversation using actual facts and not a childish argument. I am sorry for butting in, I will show myself the exit of this thread.

10 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

For a moment I thought we had a conversation using actual facts and not a childish argument. I am sorry for butting in, I will show myself the exit of this thread.

Maybe you should have read the entire conversation then.

Just an idea. Take care homie.

I honestly cannot see how using discord or teamspeak would be against the tos. I know it says "3rd party programs" but I always thought discord and teamspeak was not considered an intrusive program or something that could be applied to cheating. Most every online game allows for these programs because it's basically a communication program and I've seen many a developer or GM use the program itself. Still for the sake of clarification it would be nice to hear an official ruling for this game.

PS and oh my God I used the word "program" 5 times ! I am getting repetitious in my older years lol

Edited by Akahi

5 minutes ago, Akahi said:

I honestly cannot see how using discord or teamspeak would be against the tos. I know it says "3rd party programs" but I always thought discord and teamspeak was not considered an intrusive program or something that could be applied to cheating. Most every online game allows for these programs because it's basically a communication program and I've seen many a developer or GM use the program itself. Still for the sake of clarification it would be nice to hear an official ruling for this game.

PS and oh my God I used the word "program" 5 times ! I am getting repetitious in my older years lol

This is entirely the point. No one ever has, nor ever will be banned for these programs. The ToS, and things support are allowed to say are not nearly as black and white as some users would like to pretend.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

This is entirely the point. No one ever has, nor ever will be banned for these programs. The ToS, and things support are allowed to say are not nearly as black and white as some users would like to pretend.

I see what you mean . It's more like a "cover you butt" scenario where legally it could be interpreted that these programs could be labelled as "3rd party programs".  Even though we all know outside of the legal definition they are perfectly ok.

Just now, Akahi said:

I see what you mean . It's more like a "cover you butt" scenario where legally it could be interpreted that these programs could be labelled as "3rd party programs".  Even though we all know outside of the legal definition they are perfectly ok.

Exactly.

There is the language used on one side, and the actual actions taken on the other.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You and I both know that altering your files is the issue here, and not some random 3rd party voice program that APB has built in.

Dense is my word please dont copy me. 

Also, you are just being defensive because you alter your game files and I called that out as cheating and now you're realizing you're breaking TOS. Whoops. 

2 hours ago, Saxtus said:

{...}

so if my crosshair doesn’t modify the game files it’s fine?

after all if using 3rd party voip for an advantage over ingame voip is fine, then using a 3rd party crosshair for an advantage over the ingame crosshair should also be fine

2 hours ago, LordVegeta said:

Also, you are just being defensive because you alter your game files and I called that out as cheating and now you're realizing you're breaking TOS. Whoops. 

I wonder if you can hear all of APB laughing at you through that extra thick skull or yours?

Anyways stop by the stream anytime to check out the config. I can hook you up with the files anytime, as can a half dozen or so other streamers.

Feel free to hop in the big APB discord and maybe MattScott can explain this to you himself.

Anyways, take care, and remember 3rd part programs are not allowed either so... better be careful on Discord I guess lmfao.

Edited by CookiePuss

58 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I wonder if you can hear all of APB laughing at you through that extra thick skull or yours?

Anyways stop by the stream anytime to check out the config. I can hook you up with the files anytime, as can a half dozen or so other streamers.

Feel free to hop in the big APB discord and maybe MattScott can explain this to you himself.

Anyways, take care, and remember 3rd part programs are not allowed either so... better be careful on Discord I guess lmfao.

No but I can hear all of apb shaking their head because you constantly defend cheating. 
And no thanks, I dont want your cheating configs. Im good at apb without any cheats. 

Enjoy your cheating and enjoy editing your files to give youself an advantage. 

31 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

Enjoy your cheating and enjoy editing your files to give youself an advantage. 

Please don't tell anyone what an advantage blue and purple names in the killfeed give. Its my big secret.

2erTWmp.gif

Please don't tell anyone what an advantage blue and purple names in the killfeed give. Its my big secret.

2erTWmp.gif

Oh I wont tell anyone that you alter your apb files which is against APB's TOS and is bannable. Shhhh.  

20 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

Oh I wont tell anyone that you alter your apb files which is against APB's TOS and is bannable. Shhhh.  

Thanks homie.

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Thanks homie.

2 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

NP cheaty McGee

dude hes totally gonna snitch