Spillra

Headset suggestions

Recently my trusty HyperX cloud I headset broke and I'm on the hunt for a new one. I haven't been able to find one so far that I would want to use, do you guys have any suggestions for me?

Thanks //Box

Since you don't have a budget,

I recommend the Sennheiser HE 1 Headphone + Amp combo due to its excellent sound stage (great for gaming) and top in class sound quality. 

For microphones, I recommend the Sony C-800G PAC combined with the ANTELOPE AUDIO GOLIATH HYBRID AUDIO INTERFACE (works well with multiple audio input devices such as other speakers for example, or another pair of headphones and provides an ultra low noise floor while capable of powering the most demanding devices) for extreme clarity so you can be sure your team mates can hear you perfectly at the highest fidelity. 

All of this should provide a simple and cheap, yet effective audio setup for gaming for only ~$65,000. 

Edited by Iggyazaleaomg

3 minutes ago, Iggyazaleaomg said:

Since you don't have a budget,

I recommend the Sennheiser HE 1 Headphone + Amp combo due to its excellent sound stage (great for gaming) and top in class sound quality. 

For microphones, I recommend the Sony C-800G PAC combined with the ANTELOPE AUDIO GOLIATH HYBRID AUDIO INTERFACE for extreme clarity so you can be sure your team mates can hear you perfectly at the highest fidelity. 

All of this should provide a simple and cheap, yet effective audio setup for gaming for only ~$65,000. 

jokes aside, i would recommend a pair of sennheiser headphones, theyre quite nice for their price point imo

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

jokes aside, i would recommend a pair of sennheiser headphones, theyre quite nice for their price point imo

Can second this, if you've got the budget to get yourself a Sennheiser Game Zero for example, go for it.

I use the AKG K240 headphones plus a Fiio e10k amp/dac.  It has an analog bass boost switch that fills in the bass the headphones are kinda lacking in, without it making the bass sound all muddy.  Clearest sounding headphones I've ever used and they're semi open back too.  They're not too pretty, but they're also the most comfortable headphones I've ever used.  I originally bought a used pair from the 80s by accident and it took about 2 years for them to die, so I immediately went to Amazon and ordered a brand new pair and that was probably about 5 years ago now.  Still on my 2nd pair.  Just got the amp/dac recently, and with the bass boost they sound even better than they did before.  They are going for about $65 on Amazon at the moment.

https://www.amazon.com/AKG-K240STUDIO-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1540225606&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=akg+k240&psc=1&smid=A2LXBKOLL3J3K6

Definitely recommend Sennheiser as well. Nice and comfy.

• Like 1

Sennheiser all the way. The sound is probably the best you'll get and these things are built to last

• Like 1