Sign in to follow this  
Regenance

Things that I think missing in APB

So basically after some quite good years playing the game (almost 7 years since 2011 to be exact) I have encountered few things that really needs to be added.

• Vote to Kick system - the current kicking out of mission system is stupid, If the player does not posses a demerit you get stuck with him even tho it's a cheater. So the solution is basically having people to vote the person out.
  • An active administrators in-game - We currently have the /report command which is basically quite useless, no one gets the reports and they just keep being there, if you the GMs afraid of people spamming just use a cooldown for one report per day, or two reports per day instead of having the option to constantly spamming the command.
  • A better UI design - So as you already noticed the game is quite old, with his design, with his features. The xbox currently has a quite fine GUI at my opinion but we need a better look of the game instead of crappy minecraft quality and design. here few good example for I think character customization menu and Mail system - 
  •  

9c0217a02165e6d23e240d75fa6988ad.jpg

9xKiFL7.png

szA30Hf.png

I don't know whom actually designed this GUI but it looks quite nice and I think LO should think about changes.

• Vehicle System - We all agree that the current state of the vehicles in-game isn't quite good and we have some amount of vehicles that needs to be re-worked and implemented from the beginning again with a better physics and other things that needs to be implemented.
  • First Person Camera - I have seen some games with the same fight scenarios that has first person camera, and most of the games whom having first person camera can simply be comfortable for FPS players to be played. You need to bring attention for those FPS players to return in-game.

There are some suggestions, I just wanted to share with you all, about the upcoming changes and all. just gave some ideas.

• Like 6

Oh men Id love switching between TPS and FPS cam. This is one of the things that needs to be implemented in the future.

Vote to kick - This one is a big of an issues. Every kicking option we ever had was abused, so g1 made it that you can kick for demerit only. Players should not be kicked just for being bad, and Iam sure that vote to kick would be abused this way. This is just wrong.

Current kicking option is the best we ever had and I doubt that somebody will ever think of something better. Iam sure that some players are there just to troll and ruin the mission for his team, but it happens so rarely, that I would not even consider them, and most of this ruining the missions sure has its cause.. so it also forces players to be nice to each other since you cant kick someone without demerit.

1 hour ago, PTCntte said:
  • Vote to Kick system - the current kicking out of mission system is stupid, If the player does not posses a demerit you get stuck with him even tho it's a cheater. So the solution is basically having people to vote the person out.

This was kind of there before , the leader was able to kick anyone out of the mission , problem was that people were abusing it , as soon as someone was playing badly , the leader would kick him to get a better ally , so you would say " but that's why there's a votekick ! " again as you can make groups , premade golds teams will just do the same , as soon as there's someone .

so , i do understand that it's annoing that you can't do anything when this happends , but just imagine what could happen if this is ever implemented

1: Vote to Kick.

With this community? I don't really see this panning out well. Unless it's unanimous. Which, well, good luck. For the same reason. It'd get abused pretty hardcore.

2: Active admins

We're working on that. There's been several GM's in social and we are going to probably get more as time goes on. So. Already happening. Restrictions on /report aren't a great plan, as it is usually far too easy to hit whatever cap they have in place.

3: UI design.

I'd really rather not copy a console UI over to PC. I am already more than tired of this because steam is filled with bad console ports. We could use some improvements, but I'd want them to be built with the PC audience in mind, not just copied and pasted over from console.

4: Vehicles.

Agree. The handling on some is insanity and others still have issues where even light taps on parts of them can send them unrealistically flying. It feels like the vehicles overall need to be heavier, but this might remove some of the charm of APB. Let's be real: It's funny and awesome to have your car go spinning through the air and land perfectly at the end. The ability for any car to self-right itself by holding, say, turn and handbrake would be nice. (That's A/D and space.)

5: FPS mode.

No. No. No.

... No.

Shifting camera systems can lead to major imbalances in gunplay. Especially for some of the high recoil weapons that we have. They would either be impossible to use or the weakness of the weapon would be completely removed. Not to mention that several large factors of the game revolve around the game being in third person view, such as checking around corners, looking behind you while running, switching shoulders, and the leaning mechanic. (Yes, I have seen and played FPS games with a leaning mechanic. It's typically not that great.) Also, the game features heavy customization and bring FPS only people would probably give us a swarm of default-clothing default-body people which would make the game incredibly bland. This game was designed with being third person in mind, and that is how it should stay. APB isn't a FPS. Wasn't meant to be. Shouldn't be.

Edited by Freewind
  • Thanks 1

This game needs a better UI, but it feel like Clothing, Vehicles, and Weapons need to change with it.

I want the kind of user interface for where if you want to change a part, you click on that part or its at least organized on the screen to look that way. Same thing goes for clothing.

Weapons I feel like they've been wonky for a while. I was thinking earlier today how it would have been better if each mod on a gun had a visual representation so you could tell what you were up against without looking at their loadout. So for example, The different reflex sight mods would change the sight on your gun to reflect what grade of the mod you were using. And "Cooling Jacket" would shorten the barrel and stock (considering it increases the Firerate and lowers the accuracy). This method however, would require the elimination of all of the variants. But in reality, I'd take the elimination of the variants if it meant players could create the variants and make their weapons unique to how they perform best and adapt to situations better without having to learn a new set of tendencies for a different gun.