Turns out its just way too much work to swap.

Especially since some items are male or female only.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Turns out its just way too much work to swap.

Especially since some items are male or female only.

Can be solved. 

Remove the entire closet and done. 😛 

Probably have to change the purchase options from male to female (or vice versa) too but you can't carry over the clothing you designed. 

My honest thought when a thread like this pops up I'm just like

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=899&h=289e46d72

• Certain clothing articles do not have their equivalents for the opposing gender. Those items would be lost in "transition", rendering all the money spent on them as wasted.
  • For existing equivalents, their properties would probably also be corrupted and/or lost (colouring and applied symbols; the latter would be messed up due to both genders in the game having different body shapes - for example, male characters can have their muscularity changed, whereas for female characters the muscularity slider only affects the shading of muscles already present on their body).
  • There is no starting point for this procedure - even in the pre-game character creation menu, changing the character's gender overwrites all visual changes and forces you to start the process all over again, instead of carrying over your choices.
  • The feature is unnecessary and introducing it would discourage players from rolling out new characters (and thus playing the game), since they can just flip between genders and turn a R255 female character into a R255 male character (or the other way around) instantly.

Impossible in the present day, unnecessary/unneeded in the engine upgraded APB.

(There are probably even more points to it than I've listed here, but I can't think of any more right now.)

• Like 4

i think that feature should exist , and be costly too so players don't abuse it , all clothes should be unequiped (but kept ) and all mails sent by armas deleted and instead give you again the female varients of the packs you own by mail

something like that should be a choice that a player do once .

• Thanks 1

if i was ginger i’d certainly want a change

24 minutes ago, MartinPL said:
  • The feature is unnecessary and introducing it would discourage players from rolling out new characters (and thus playing the game), since they can just flip between genders and turn a R255 female character into a R255 male character (or the other way around) instantly.

This.

If you are bored just make a new character of opposite gender, it's a good time to do it right now as Halloween events are coming next week so you can farm some cool/unique items.

OLD CEO's tells  that its ho hard (complicated) to implement this feature into the game 

it needs to change alot of variables 
(i dont know the build of game database but i assume that first developers made some shit idea about milti records depends on genders in tables etc.)

it will be good to have a chance to change gender for like 500g1c

"I have spent a ton of money on my car racing game, but after 5 years I decided I like more planes. The devs should add an option to allow me to change all my cars to plane equivalents because I don't want to lose my time and money."

Thats how silly you sound.

The game does not have a gender swap option because it is not necessary. You spent a lot of money and time for that character? Good. It remains on that character. If you want to play a different character, make a new one and start over. Thats the point of playing.

And apart from whatever arguement you want to bring up, like "other games that have nothing to do with APB have such option", the devs are literally unable to do it. The conversion process is way too complex and easy to just create bugs, and you don't want that. Just look how easily the game breaks every time they "fix" something in the world.

Edited by Nessie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why in the world do people request such ridiculous things? Sure some games have it, like Saints Row but many games don't even have the ability to customize your character after making it

If its about ur weapons u can add a couple hundred bucks and make all the weapons accountwide 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kansior said:

There is one problem, no matter what game I play now in each game is the option to change the sex form, so why can not they enter it here?

They'll give you the "too much work" excuse for anything you ask, like working on a game isn't the developers job.

9 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

They'll give you the "too much work" excuse for anything you ask, like working on a game isn't the developers job.

This just in: a game is not being worked on in any aspect whatsoever because the developers did not immediately accept one person's random suggestion and start working on it right away.

Reminder that this is still a small company with a small team.

Maybe someday this will be feasible, but for now... its not.

1 hour ago, Nessie said:

The game does not have a gender swap option because it is not necessary.

If it were easy to do and you could make money off of it, it would exist. Necessity doesn't even matter.

But the game wasn't set up in a way which would easily (i.e. cheaply) allow it, so it doesn't exist.

Due to the way the game is designed, it is not possible. The engine upgrade will not change this, either. It simply will never be an option in this game, get over it and move on.

Edited by Hexerin

5 hours ago, AlexandraTromp said:

Can be solved. 

Remove the entire closet and done. 😛 

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Best solution here. Give them the genderbender (for a nice G1C fee) but remove anything that makes it "hard" heck don't even save facial/hair customisations, give them a default bod and they can go to the Character Editor and fix that themselves. Basically delete the old character and make a new one with same rank.

But knowing APB, the genger swap option could have at least 25 pop ups and a statutory declaration that must be signed stating "YOUR CLOTHES WILL BE DELETED IF YOU DO THIS" and we'll still have a deluge of posts popping up from enraged players who spent "millions of G1C" on a character only to lose it all cause they wanted to turn their innie into an outie.

2 hours ago, JudgeAnderson said:

Allow skirts for males and let women dress like men, there solved.

For all the progressiveness of RTW they forgot this crucial step and now LO is here picking up the pieces. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

if i was ginger i’d certainly want a change

frick u loser