Downgrounded

Costume event is meh.

Call me picky, but the costume event is kind of meh. 
Not only would premium-less players have a huge disadvantage, but limiting it to 3 colors is kind of....nonsensical.
(maybe give out a free code for premium of like 3-days?) 
Halloween costumes are about the creativity one can come up with and how we enact the spirit of Halloween onto it. 
Also...again, call me picky--but the rewards are below average at best. 
The 3D glasses are like a collectors item, so that one passes. 
Everything else...idk. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Downgrounded said:

Call me picky, but the costume event is kind of meh. 
Not only would premium-less players have a huge disadvantage, but limiting it to 3 colors is kind of....nonsensical.
(maybe give out a free code for premium of like 3-days?) 
Halloween costumes are about the creativity one can come up with and how we enact the spirit of Halloween onto it. 
Also...again, call me picky--but the rewards are below average at best. 
The 3D glasses are like a collectors item, so that one passes. 
Everything else...idk. 

The colors are not "limited" just a suggestion.

Be entirely pink if you like.

33 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

The colors are not "limited" just a suggestion.

Be entirely pink if you like.

As stated in the post (https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/6187-halloween-costume-contest/), and i quote:
"You can ONLY use the three colors presented above in your design. How you choose to use them is up to you!" 
and to solidify: "You are only allowed to use three colors Orange, Purple, and Yellow"
The suggestion here being, only use the colors as presented above. Which implies the colors as quoted in the replies as being; 

"- Orange: 2,7,10

- Purple: 25,7,8

- Yellow: 6,7,8"
If it were a suggestion, please specify that this "suggestion" is open to personal selection within THAT post. 
So, yes. They are limited. To say otherwise, is to go against the rules as stated. 

Give us the creative freedom that is APB. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't say I fully empathise with the sentiment. However, APB allows for creative freedom of levels still not matched by other games, and I understand that why you would want that to be reflected in this competition.

The point of the contest is to put a massive restriction on it by imposing a theme. The challenge is to create a good-looking outfit in spite of being so heavily restricted in the colour palette. You can still create great outfits even without sticking to the given colours - the sky's the limit, really - but the focus of this contest is to prove that you are capable of working with just three colours.

A similar idea appeared in @Kempington's Theme Scene music studio contest. One of the Season 1 rounds had a "five seconds only" stipulation. The idea was that 5 seconds (the default, unglitched/intended maximum theme length) is WAY too restrictive and it does not allow themes to have any build-up or any of that sort; glitching your themes to be longer than 5 seconds allows you to spice them up, give them fade-ins, build-ups, fadeouts and so on - but the point of that round was to make a theme that sounds good and/or interesting despite being so short.

As for the rewards - I dunno. I think they're appropriate. You aren't expected to log on at a specific moment to participate - you only have the deadline. How you distribute your workload is entirely up to you.

TL;DR: I understand why this thread was made, but I don't agree.

• Like 1

i don't really agree with anything the op said besides the fact that non-premium players really are at a disadvantage