Jump to content
MattScott

Matchmaking and Threat

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SHEMER said:

Why do you think so?

Why do u think its a good idea to nerf good players and buff bad players? 

Ppl also could "deatreat" for a 1 mission dmg + hp buff and go full rambo...

just NO!

 

But... i'd be cool if all mods would be availible at R30 to create a more even playfield.

Edited by HighSociety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SHEMER said:

Focus on the number of kills and deaths in real time, as well as the player's play recently (30-60 minutes)

i think i extract some sense here..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

i think i extract some sense here..

I think the bronze player, who kills the whole enemy team with a lucky nade, will be very very happy about his dmg + hp nerf... 

Thats for the "realtime"

 

For the "recent session" there is the point of "dethreating" again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

I think the bronze player, who kills the whole enemy team with a lucky nade, will be very very happy about his dmg + hp nerf... 

Thats for the "realtime"

 

For the "recent session" there is the point of "dethreating" again.

The concept I proposed is rough and needs some work. I have a thought. What if we add fatigue levels to the game. The fatigue level will increase or decrease the spread of the weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SHEMER said:

The concept I proposed is rough and needs some work. I have a thought. What if we add fatigue levels to the game. The fatigue level will increase or decrease the spread of the weapon

At least u got some thoughts thats good.

 

But im a fan of:

as simple as possible, as complex as necessary

Edited by HighSociety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also a fan of this game. It pains me to see new players leave disappointed. I see a huge difference in the skill of the bronze and silver players. This difference is due to several factors: 1. The difference in the strength of the players. 2. Network and server latency. (Most Russian players avoid the silver copy because of this factor. The player does not have time to react to the shot.) 3. Using macros. I was amazed at the developers' decision to make automatic running and squatting legal. This gives older players an edge in the game. And further increases the difference in skill between old and new players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2021 at 8:14 AM, SHEMER said:

I am also a fan of this game. It pains me to see new players leave disappointed. I see a huge difference in the skill of the bronze and silver players. This difference is due to several factors: 1. The difference in the strength of the players. 2. Network and server latency. (Most Russian players avoid the silver copy because of this factor. The player does not have time to react to the shot.) 3. Using macros. I was amazed at the developers' decision to make automatic running and squatting legal. This gives older players an edge in the game. And further increases the difference in skill between old and new players.

I love that being actually skilled at this game will get you labeled as a cheater forever 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2021 at 10:37 AM, SHEMER said:

I have a thought. Change the player's health level or weapon damage in real time. Focus on the number of kills and deaths in real time, as well as the player's play recently (30-60 minutes). The game calculates a multiplier that changes the health level or weapon damage. This will allow new players to compete with veterans, remove the importance of macros, and allow high-latency network and server players to compete with low-latency players.

What do you think of it?

This is a terrible idea, this would literally make the game unplayable. The game would die 100%

 

Merged.

 

On 3/25/2021 at 12:25 PM, HighSociety said:

Why do u think its a good idea to nerf good players and buff bad players? 

Ppl also could "deatreat" for a 1 mission dmg + hp buff and go full rambo...

just NO!

 

But... i'd be cool if all mods would be availible at R30 to create a more even playfield.

I agree having more mods for newer players unlocked earlier would be great or atleast a better selection of pre slot guns from contacts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always thought the simpliest solution would have been.  

  1. Keep bronze, silver, gold, etc districts
  2. Debuff players that drop into lower level districts.  For example
    1. Gold Player1 goes to silver district
      1. Player1 does 20% less damage
      2. Player1 take 20% more damage
    2. Gold Player2 goes to bronze district
      1. Player2 does 40% less damage
      2. Player2 takes 40% more damage

The exact percentages are just an example, but could be tweaked but damage reduction and damage taken percent should stay equal to each other.  The penalties should be higher the more disparity in their rank vs the district they joined. 

 

This makes it so that the if a gold player in bronze runs into another gold player.  The fight between them would still be like it was in a gold district.  However, a bronze player vs the gold, the bronze would have a nice handicap to work with.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2021 at 7:09 PM, Techtonic said:

I've always thought the simpliest solution would have been.  

  1. Keep bronze, silver, gold, etc districts
  2. Debuff players that drop into lower level districts.  For example
    1. Gold Player1 goes to silver district
      1. Player1 does 20% less damage
      2. Player1 take 20% more damage
    2. Gold Player2 goes to bronze district
      1. Player2 does 40% less damage
      2. Player2 takes 40% more damage

The exact percentages are just an example, but could be tweaked but damage reduction and damage taken percent should stay equal to each other.  The penalties should be higher the more disparity in their rank vs the district they joined. 

 

This makes it so that the if a gold player in bronze runs into another gold player.  The fight between them would still be like it was in a gold district.  However, a bronze player vs the gold, the bronze would have a nice handicap to work with.  

Agreed...with debuffing high rank players, not, keeping them out districts. u forgot to add      " on the gold" after "handicap" 2nd to last line, ppl might misunderstood.

Edited by Theronguard
adding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...