MattScott

Matchmaking and Threat

4 hours ago, SHEMER said:

Why do you think so?

Why do u think its a good idea to nerf good players and buff bad players? 

Ppl also could "deatreat" for a 1 mission dmg + hp buff and go full rambo...

just NO!

But... i'd be cool if all mods would be availible at R30 to create a more even playfield.

Edited by HighSociety

2 hours ago, SHEMER said:

Focus on the number of kills and deaths in real time, as well as the player's play recently (30-60 minutes)

i think i extract some sense here..

13 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

i think i extract some sense here..

I think the bronze player, who kills the whole enemy team with a lucky nade, will be very very happy about his dmg + hp nerf... 

Thats for the "realtime"

For the "recent session" there is the point of "dethreating" again.

27 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

I think the bronze player, who kills the whole enemy team with a lucky nade, will be very very happy about his dmg + hp nerf... 

Thats for the "realtime"

For the "recent session" there is the point of "dethreating" again.

The concept I proposed is rough and needs some work. I have a thought. What if we add fatigue levels to the game. The fatigue level will increase or decrease the spread of the weapon

4 hours ago, SHEMER said:

The concept I proposed is rough and needs some work. I have a thought. What if we add fatigue levels to the game. The fatigue level will increase or decrease the spread of the weapon

At least u got some thoughts thats good.

But im a fan of:

as simple as possible, as complex as necessary

Edited by HighSociety

I am also a fan of this game. It pains me to see new players leave disappointed. I see a huge difference in the skill of the bronze and silver players. This difference is due to several factors: 1. The difference in the strength of the players. 2. Network and server latency. (Most Russian players avoid the silver copy because of this factor. The player does not have time to react to the shot.) 3. Using macros. I was amazed at the developers' decision to make automatic running and squatting legal. This gives older players an edge in the game. And further increases the difference in skill between old and new players.

On 3/25/2021 at 8:14 AM, SHEMER said:

I am also a fan of this game. It pains me to see new players leave disappointed. I see a huge difference in the skill of the bronze and silver players. This difference is due to several factors: 1. The difference in the strength of the players. 2. Network and server latency. (Most Russian players avoid the silver copy because of this factor. The player does not have time to react to the shot.) 3. Using macros. I was amazed at the developers' decision to make automatic running and squatting legal. This gives older players an edge in the game. And further increases the difference in skill between old and new players.

I love that being actually skilled at this game will get you labeled as a cheater forever 

On 3/25/2021 at 10:37 AM, SHEMER said:

I have a thought. Change the player's health level or weapon damage in real time. Focus on the number of kills and deaths in real time, as well as the player's play recently (30-60 minutes). The game calculates a multiplier that changes the health level or weapon damage. This will allow new players to compete with veterans, remove the importance of macros, and allow high-latency network and server players to compete with low-latency players.

What do you think of it?

This is a terrible idea, this would literally make the game unplayable. The game would die 100%

Merged.

On 3/25/2021 at 12:25 PM, HighSociety said:

Why do u think its a good idea to nerf good players and buff bad players? 

Ppl also could "deatreat" for a 1 mission dmg + hp buff and go full rambo...

just NO!

But... i'd be cool if all mods would be availible at R30 to create a more even playfield.

I agree having more mods for newer players unlocked earlier would be great or atleast a better selection of pre slot guns from contacts. 

I've always thought the simpliest solution would have been.  

1. Keep bronze, silver, gold, etc districts
  2. Debuff players that drop into lower level districts.  For example
    1. Gold Player1 goes to silver district
      1. Player1 does 20% less damage
      2. Player1 take 20% more damage
    2. Gold Player2 goes to bronze district
      1. Player2 does 40% less damage
      2. Player2 takes 40% more damage

The exact percentages are just an example, but could be tweaked but damage reduction and damage taken percent should stay equal to each other.  The penalties should be higher the more disparity in their rank vs the district they joined. 

This makes it so that the if a gold player in bronze runs into another gold player.  The fight between them would still be like it was in a gold district.  However, a bronze player vs the gold, the bronze would have a nice handicap to work with.  

On 4/30/2021 at 7:09 PM, Techtonic said:

The exact percentages are just an example, but could be tweaked but damage reduction and damage taken percent should stay equal to each other.  The penalties should be higher the more disparity in their rank vs the district they joined. 

This makes it so that the if a gold player in bronze runs into another gold player.  The fight between them would still be like it was in a gold district.  However, a bronze player vs the gold, the bronze would have a nice handicap to work with.  

Agreed...with debuffing high rank players, not, keeping them out districts. u forgot to add      " on the gold" after "handicap" 2nd to last line, ppl might misunderstood.

Edited by Theronguard
adding

On 5/1/2021 at 1:09 AM, Techtonic said:

Most crack head sht i have read today, congrats! Shows how far away bronze TL players understanding of the game are from someone playing with their eyes open. 

On 12/28/2021 at 4:22 AM, proxie said:

Most crack head sht i have read today, congrats! Shows how far away bronze TL players understanding of the game are from someone playing with their eyes open. 

Please explain your understanding of the game.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:33 PM, SHEMER said:

Please explain your understanding of the game.

No.

Last night I had no teammate, he gave up because the gold opponents gun was so overpowered, we die as soon as he starts shooting, both got 0 points for the mission, don't blame him for going AFK, I just decided to go for a drive. Next mission it put me against two golds with similar weapons, 1 bronze with a spud gun versus 2 golds with special weapons? Great matchmaking, no points for that mission either. As soon as I'd got my JT for spawning in my vehicle 3 times and completing a mission I gave up trying to do missions. There is kill 5 with an SMG but that would take somewhere between several hours and a whole day.

Unplayable. I miss playing APB. It was bad before LO removed threath districts but now its terrible as it gets too boring too fast every login...

• Like 2

On 10/20/2018 at 1:45 AM, MattScott said:

Could you provide information on the operation of the threat level system? How does it work? What player and group parameters are used to determine the threat level? How is an opponent chosen? This information is needed by all readers of this topic as a basis for reflection.

22 hours ago, SHEMER said:

Could you provide information on the operation of the threat level system? How does it work? What player and group parameters are used to determine the threat level? How is an opponent chosen? This information is needed by all readers of this topic as a basis for reflection.

They wont cause they don't know 🤷‍♂️

I might be the only one that wants this but could we please have some visual representation of our MMR.
More than just Gold/silver/bronze

On 2/8/2022 at 5:49 PM, Spillra said:

I might be the only one that wants this but could we please have some visual representation of our MMR.

I support you. The title of this thread is missing an explanation of how the system works. Without this information, it is difficult to formulate a good solution to the problem.

On 2/9/2022 at 1:49 AM, Spillra said:

They could do a thing where they give each threat rating a 1-10 next to the colour. Like gold 1-10.

Maybe some kind of interesting incentive for getting gold 10, like it announces that you joined the district.

Crazy idea I know.

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

They could do a thing where they give each threat rating a 1-10 next to the colour. Like gold 1-10.

Maybe some kind of interesting incentive for getting gold 10, like it announces that you joined the district.

Crazy idea I know.

wow, why has noone thought of this before?

3 hours ago, Spillra said:

Pretty radical idea. 

On 2/21/2022 at 7:44 PM, Spillra said:

Its a nice idea but how does that balance match making? If thats an insentive for gold players, they will only stick together more to keep that achievment. Right now as it stands, pre-made golds are still stomping players ungrouped. Cheating has now gone through the roof on the European server, easily the worst i have ever seen it and its something i called when this was first implemented. New players come on and are greeted with a stomping, then a quick uninstall. Decent players are leaving as was predicted....

1 hour ago, Y2Venom said:

Its a nice idea but how does that balance match making? If thats an insentive for gold players, they will only stick together more to keep that achievment. Right now as it stands, pre-made golds are still stomping players ungrouped. Cheating has now gone through the roof on the European server, easily the worst i have ever seen it and its something i called when this was first implemented. New players come on and are greeted with a stomping, then a quick uninstall. Decent players are leaving as was predicted....

it was sarcasm my guy

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 9:54 PM, glaciers said:

it was sarcasm my guy

Its still a nice idea 🙂