Sign in to follow this  
ZoriaDunne

The New Engine and G1

Hey guys, I was thinking about one thing. Over the spawn of 5 years G1 promised a new Engine, and now, seeing how much work Little Orbit is putting into the game, I wonder:
Did G1 really even start working on that engine upgrade? Is LO doing it where they left it or starting from 0?
Have a nice day and let's hope for this game to raise up!

Edited by TheKeanuReeves

The engine upgrade is on console, so....... yeah.

And they stated in the blog that it was mostly done, just needed some tuning and such. They said that they're hoping to have it done by the end of the year, but things can happen along the way.

Edit: G1 had also posted a video of their progress of the engine upgrade a while back as well. Forgot about that.

Edited by Sadira
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sadira said:

The engine upgrade is on console, so....... yeah.

And they stated in the blog that it was mostly done, just needed some tuning and such. They said that they're hoping to have it done by the end of the year, but things can happen along the way.

Edit: G1 had also posted a video of their progress of the engine upgrade a while back as well. Forgot about that.

Hmmm I see, I wonder why they never released it.

1 hour ago, Sadira said:

Is that tracers I see? Are my eyes not deceiving me?

21 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Hmmm I see, I wonder why they never released it.

from what mattscott has said there are two major systems left to update to the 3.5 engine, one of which is the customization system 

12 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Is that tracers I see?

yo, it totally is! i really hope that tracers make a comeback in the live game, maybe a little bit toned-down than before.

8 hours ago, Sadira said:

Omg! I totally love it. I really hope that UE4 becomes like that. That containers outside of the building change so much in my opinion.

Tbh i care only about these question : does engine update fix "mini freezes" and "bad hitreg" ? ...

17 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

from what mattscott has said there are two major systems left to update to the 3.5 engine, one of which is the customization system 

^ this. Stuff is still missing from the new engine. Plus it still needed a whole bunch of tweaking last I recall. Both in terms of performance and other miscellaneous problems. 

Have a look at the console version for an idea people. Should give you a rough idea of just how much they need to resolve before pushing it live for PC. 

18 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

I'm not gonna lie I thought you wrote Mascot and not Matt Scott. 😛 

13 minutes ago, AlexandraTromp said:

I'm not gonna lie I thought you wrote Mascot and not Matt Scott. 😛 

Matt Scott mascot needs to happen.

12 minutes ago, Genobee said:

Matt Scott mascot needs to happen.

staff bobblehead merch when?

21 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

staff bobblehead merch when?

Dashboard decorations coming soon?

From what I understand, G1/RP had to rebuild the engine upgrade for a second time due to how broken everything was - I think it was near 'completion' then too? And then consoles took priority blahblah.

Sign in to follow this