Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

New Downside Suggestion For Improved Rifling

Now that IR is going back to its old state, the question stands what shall be it's new downside (at least until LO announce the new IR). A fair share of the community did not like the fire rate downside (and the equip rate of it also proves this). So clearly touching fire rate is a no-go. That's when I saw an idea in the thread announcing the IR revert: recoil

I pondered over this potential idea, when heavy barrel came to mind. HB is less accuracy lost (or less bloom per shot) at the cost of weapon damage, as we all know it. Why bring this up you ask? If we simplify it down, HB essentially gives you a more accurae gun that deals less damage over range. This reminded me of IR with its more damage over range

With this, I came to a conclusion: why not just make IR a polar opposite HB? It doesn't touch fire rate at all. So here is my suggestion (along with the tl;dr):-

tl;dr - make the new downside of IR more more bloom per shot

Edit: recoil and bloom aren't the same apparently. Mb

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2
  • Thanks 1

Definitely not more recoil, lol, that's not a good downside.

More bloom per shot I'd try.

Just now, Kewlin said:

Definitely not more recoil, lol, that's not a good downside.

More bloom per shot I'd try.

Nani. I thought recoil WAS bloom. I have much to learn

Just now, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Recoil is how your crosshair moves when you shoot, lol.

Just throwing an idea,

Weapons with IR equipped could have a penalty at close range.

Ex: IR3, Increase effective range by 15%+3m, reduces damage dealt by 50% if target under 15m distance.

7 minutes ago, Talla said:

Just throwing an idea,

Ex: IR3, Increase effective range by 15%+3m, reduces damage dealt by 50% if target under 15m distance.

Everything else aside, I'm pretty sure the engine currently does not support this.

Also, not a good idea IMO.

37 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

God are you serious?

Bloom for ir is perfect... when you aim at distance the bloom fairly fucks up your accuracy, that is already a good downside. Just fix it for the weapons with not negative effect. God why spin this so much, i cant even believe it.

11 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Bloom for ir is perfect... when you aim at distance the bloom fairly fucks up your accuracy, that is already a good downside

My lord, I believe I suggested this if I'm not mistaken

54 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

tl;dr - make the new downside of IR more more bloom per shot

Or am I missing something my lord?

36 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

My lord, I believe I suggested this if I'm not mistaken

Or am I missing something my lord?

Per shot when it only increases the max bloom.

Man i will be honest with you... you want secondaries as powerful as primaries and you didnt know what the negative effect from ir was, dont u think its time to stop giving opinions about balance?

9 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

dont u think its time to stop giving opinions about balance?

said the man who thinks swapping shoulders is a game breaking exploit 

forums are on fire tonight lmao

2 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Per shot when it only increases the max bloom.

Man i will be honest with you... you want secondaries as powerful as primaries and you didnt know what the negative effect from ir was, dont u think its time to stop giving opinions about balance?

Well I tried being nice with you but if this is the path you want to take, fine by me. I will come at you with my full force to the best of my ability and knowledge.

Bloom per shot does not affect the max bloom at all. I dunno where you got this idea from but it's wrong. All bloom does is affect how quickly you lose accuracy, until you reach the bloom cap, at which point you can't get any more inaccurate. Bloom cap is the maximum a gun can be inaccurate. Got that? I hope so

The reason I suggested what I did is because the old downside of IR affected bloom cap, which is completely pointless. If you've used an assault rifle at range, which I doubt with you being busy engaging in adulterous activities with your beloved hvr, you would know you never reach max bloom. Like ever. So I suggested to make the new downside of IR affect something that you would be able to notice: bloom (per shot modifier). This is something that chages with every shot, an actual downside

This all make sense?

Removed some posts from this thread. Please keep it civil and on topic.

-Spuzva

Isn't more bloom per shot CJ's downside? Just have the same downside for both?

19 minutes ago, Archon said:

Isn't more bloom per shot CJ's downside? Just have the same downside for both?

CJ downside is max bloom. I'm suggesting bloom per shot. The old downside was max bloom (which didn't work well)

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

9 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

CJ downside is max bloom. I'm suggesting bloom per shot. The old downside was max bloom (which didn't work well)

IR's downside is increasing max bloom, not CJ. CJ increases bloom per shot.

EDIT: IR3 -> IR

Edited by Similarities

14 minutes ago, Similarities said:

IR's downside is increasing max bloom, not CJ. CJ increases bloom per shot.

EDIT: IR3 -> IR

I went and checked on both apb databases (the old one and the up to date one, V2) to see the effects of CJ on a random gun, and in both cases they affected the shot modifier cap (or max bloom). I even tested IR on the old database in case I had mixed something up but that also affected shot modifier cap.

Are you sure CJ affects bloom per shot?

6 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:

Just leave everything as it is... including weapons, mods and etc. imo game is in perfect state in terms of balance (except missions)

I don't think balance is perfect , there are still a few useless weapons (mostly legendaries), but it is in a reasonably good state - proably the best it's been since I started playing (assuming they are going to revert the IR3 changes).

There are definately other aspects of the game that are in far more need of attention.

4 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Are you sure CJ affects bloom per shot?

Instead of looking at stats on a piece of paper and assuming that you understand how it works, go actually test it ingame. The effect is night and day.

As Weeb said, CJ affects max bloom. The only time CJ affects per-shot bloom is indirectly by reducing the amount of bloom that can be recovered between shots due to a higher RoF, which is. . . even then not really increasing bloom.

there's actually nothing wrong with Qwentle's work guys

literally nothing wrong

move on

10 hours ago, Talla said:

Just throwing an idea,

and the pre slotted Shotguns with IR3 are more trash than before... well

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Instead of looking at stats on a piece of paper and assuming that you understand how it works, go actually test it ingame. The effect is night and day.

There's a couple of reason why I went "looking at stats on a piece of paper". One of them primarily being what a mod says it does and what it actually does not matching up. Descriptions in this game have a habit of skipping over information or being misleading. My second reason was simply I didn't know what CJ actually affected. Looking at the description of CJ ("slightly/moderately/substantially worsens minimum accuracy"), and comparing it to the old IR description ("Increases maximum reticle bloom slightly/moderately/substantially"), I was under the impression they did different things to each other. The question was what CJ affected. So I went to the database to find out, only to learn they affect the same thing, at different magnitudes

The reason I asked @TheDogCatcher if they were sure CJ affects bloom per shot is because I have a suspicious they A) made the same mistake I did thinking CJ and IR do different things based on their descriptions, or B) they mistook how fast guns with CJ reach max bloom as increased bloom per shot, which I can see how one would. Of course my suspicion could be wrong, but I just wanted to confirm

In general, more bloom/spread is a bad idea. I like my shots to go where I am aiming without having to roll the dice. 

Dunno a good downside for it

Edited by HighSociety
sugesstion was garbage