MattScott

Fully reverting IR changes.. and why we tried them in the first place

On 10/23/2018 at 3:13 PM, Kewlin said:

The entire point of the LCR is that it's full auto with no bloom, lol. I'd rather not have it get "buffed" then be reworked, plus, it's still honestly hands-down worse than the CR762. Let's not forget that with the Rifle range curve, if the dropoff starts at 50m the CR762 doesn't see an STK increase until about 72m without IR3, if it's 55 like you say it's STK increases at 77m, (I'm honestly not sure off of the top of my head which range it starts its dropoff at, and I don't want to do a ton of research ATM.) That combined with the fact that everybody who owns an LCR knows they don't land shots reliably at range makes the CR762 still the clear choice every time unless you just want to fuck around.

Also, note that unless there's curves involved I don't know about, the Old Glory does actually have some bloom at this point according to my math (sadly I don't own an Old Glory, though some day I hope to.)

I'm curious though, do you own any LCRs? 'Cause if you think they're in any way OP it really sounds like you don't, lol. The only reason really I get kills with the gun ever is because people for some reason don't try to take cover from it.

I've only trialed the LCR. Putting it in the trash would be giving it a compliment, but at the same time I didn't have trouble landing shots at range. I have not used it since it's ttk reduction.

4 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

I've only trialed the LCR. Putting it in the trash would be giving it a compliment, but at the same time I didn't have trouble landing shots at range. I have not used it since it's ttk reduction.

Okay, so to explain then.

Even bad hitreg aside, and the LCR does feel like it has bad hitreg somehow, (similar to the ACT-44,) the gun in MM while standing has 93.6cm diameter spread, (with HS3 of course,) compared to the 68x91cm hitbox; it's not exactly precise at long ranges. In theory the longest range you could get a guaranteed shot with the LCR without crouching (with HS3) is 54m, which is much closer than It's only really something you'd notice after a bit of playing it in missions, but the gun's not really what I would call "reliable," and other people I know who own the gun agree with me.

In comparison, with HS3, while standing, the CR762 has only 64cm of spread at 100m, 4cm thinner than a character's normal hitbox. As long as your target isn't behind cover and is standing (I know, big "if"s but you get what I'm saying) you can theoretically get guaranteed shots out to 100m with the CR762.

And that's not even getting into the N-ISSR-B, which is honestly probably a better gun than the CR762. In other words, honestly, even if the LCR had a 0.9s TTK, it probably wouldn't really be the best choice at range  (though you could argue that getting guaranteed 0.9s TTK within 54m would be OP, but at the 1.08s it got buffed to nobody really can complain.)

Anyhoo, I really suggest refraining from making balance suggestions trying to sound like you're informed on guns that you neither own nor have tried hard to use, as it can lead to confusion and various other deleterious effects. I, for example, refrain from commenting on the Norseman and CASE SWARM, as they're out of my realm of knowledge.

Edited by Kewlin
Accidentally said CASE when I meant SWARM

2 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Snipped to shorten quote.

I haven't used it long enough to see the inconsistent hitreg, but if it's like the ACT-44's reliability, that explains why so few use it. It also explains why Innova reduced it's shots to kill back then.

5 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

I haven't used it long enough to see the inconsistent hitreg, but if it's like the ACT-44's reliability, that explains why so few use it. It also explains why Innova reduced it's shots to kill back then.

That's at least how it feels to me. Granted, I think it has roughly half the spread of the ACT, but that also means you try to use it at longer ranges.

I would change how it affects certain types of weapons rather than a flat increase.  In real life, better rifling makes things more accurate over longer ranges.  Except shotguns.  In real life it increases spread unless you're using slugs but the slugs have to be rifled as well.

You could call it Improved Rifling/Tight Bore

Edited by BaronSaturday

1 hour ago, Szambi said:

bUfF sWaRm MoAr PlOx

I don't know, I think it's kind of in a nice place as an accurate support weapon alternative to the ALIG. Don't want another instance of Shredder happening again too.

But more importantly, I own a character bound version of the SWARM but it won't let me purchase an account bound one for a discount 😞

26 minutes ago, BaronSaturday said:

I would change how it affects certain types of weapons rather than a flat increase.  In real life, better rifling makes things more accurate over longer ranges.  Except shotguns.  In real life it increases spread unless you're using slugs but the slugs have to be rifled as well.

You could call it Improved Rifling/Tight Bore

I may be nitpicking a bit, but rifled shotgun slugs are meant to shoot in smoothbore shotguns. Rifled shotguns are more for things like sabot slugs.

Edited by notHunky

1 hour ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

The community has a habit of not using a lot of the guns available, regardless of whether they're good or bad (probably because of armas pricing. Should change soonTM). I wouldn't use how often a weapon is equipped as a measurement of how a weapon performs in this communnity especially

also,muh ntec exists, so why use anything else

/s

51 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

The community has a habit of not using a lot of the guns available, regardless of whether they're good or bad (probably because of armas pricing. Should change soonTM). I wouldn't use how often a weapon is equipped as a measurement of how a weapon performs in this communnity especially

They didn't even justify it being bad by people not using it though, lol, they just said if it's not good at landing shots that would explain people not using it.

Lol.

I personally loved the negatve fire rate, I only disliked that we couldn't remove the mod from preset weapons

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

They didn't even justify it being bad by people not using it though, lol, they just said if it's not good at landing shots that would explain people not using it.

Lol.

You should know I like jump to conclusions after reading snippets

20 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

You should know I like jump to conclusions after reading snippets

You jump like I should read after knowing conclusions to snippets

16 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Even bad hitreg aside, and the LCR does feel like it has bad hitreg somehow, (similar to the ACT-44,) the gun in MM while standing has 93.6cm diameter spread, (with HS3 of course,) compared to the 68x91cm hitbox; it's not exactly precise at long ranges. In theory the longest range you could get a guaranteed shot with the LCR without crouching (with HS3) is 54m, which is much closer than It's only really something you'd notice after a bit of playing it in missions, but the gun's not really what I would call "reliable," and other people I know who own the gun agree with me.

In comparison, with HS3, while standing, the CR762 has only 64cm of spread at 100m, 4cm thinner than a character's normal hitbox. As long as your target isn't behind cover and is standing (I know, big "if"s but you get what I'm saying) you can theoretically get guaranteed shots out to 100m with the CR762.

And that's not even getting into the N-ISSR-B, which is honestly probably a better gun than the CR762. In other words, honestly, even if the LCR had a 0.9s TTK, it probably wouldn't really be the best choice at range  (though you could argue that getting guaranteed 0.9s TTK within 54m would be OP, but at the 1.08s it got buffed to nobody really can complain.)

Anyhoo, I really suggest refraining from making balance suggestions trying to sound like you're informed on guns that you neither own nor have tried hard to use, as it can lead to confusion and various other deleterious effects. I, for example, refrain from commenting on the Norseman and CASE SWARM, as they're out of my realm of knowledge.

nerds

13 hours ago, notHunky said:

I don't know, I think it's kind of in a nice place as an accurate support weapon alternative to the ALIG. Don't want another instance of Shredder happening again too.

But more importantly, I own a character bound version of the SWARM but it won't let me purchase an account bound one for a discount 😞

I may be nitpicking a bit, but rifled shotgun slugs are meant to shoot in smoothbore shotguns. Rifled shotguns are more for things like sabot slugs.

I know, I was just memeing. I've been a proud owner of SWARM for a long time now and since the buff I've been using it pretty much all the time.

• Like 1

Take you long enough, but thank you for redo this madness. Maybe IR3 isn't perfect, but the game is only playable with the old version, because of the preset armas weapons. 

On 10/21/2018 at 8:51 PM, Kewlin said:

Doesn't matter if you're kidding or not, if you're saying anything is an "EZ Pentakill" you're an idiot.

No dude that's just how it is since ages, now move on and be constructive about topics..

Edited by Fubukigata