MattScott

Fully reverting IR changes.. and why we tried them in the first place

5 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

As for people suggesting recoil as a downside, I honestly am starting to not hate that idea.

increased recoil wouldn’t be terrible, but i’d prefer it multiply a gun’s existing recoil patterns instead of adding just horizontal or just vertical 

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

increased recoil wouldn’t be terrible, but i’d prefer it multiply a gun’s existing recoil patterns instead of adding just horizontal or just vertical 

I totally agree.

22 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

+1

39 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

there's still the problem that some of the weapons that benefit from IR have somewhat negligible recoil (OSCAR for one) or easily controlled muzzle climb (shotguns)

3 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

there's still the problem that some of the weapons that benefit from IR have somewhat negligible recoil (OSCAR for one) or easily controlled muzzle climb (shotguns)

True, but the same can be said for literally any mod in APB.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

the Old Glory is by far the superior LCR

Gimmeh on Armas for PC naaoow ! 

Shut up and take mah money!

@MattScott is reading this.

while u and ur team is busy with engine and stuff...

Give us "Old Glory" on PC please ASAP 😁

Edited by HighSociety

6 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

Gimmeh on Armas for PC naaoow ! 

Shut up and take mah money!

IKR? One of the few things I'd buy without hesitation ATM.

Edited by Kewlin
Quoted the wrong quote

4 minutes ago, gamergoggles said:

Can't wait to use OBIR at 5m buff. Throw IR3 on that baby and say goodbye to your HVR.

People still use the hvr? I thought it died along with its qs

Just now, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

it’s still hilariously good at area denial, you just need to use a corner in cqc now, rather than just dumping a bullet wherever you happen to be 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

qs is alive and well my friend

10 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

As long as it does 850 damage per shot it'll always have a use

On 10/21/2018 at 12:50 PM, Haganu said:

Huh, interesting.

It's still primary to secondary but, this is the first time I actually see someone clearly state what original QS really is.

The images appear to be broken though.

There shouldn't be any images. I was just trying to embed the "ackchually"-meme image, but the WYSIWYG-text-editor didn't let me do it. On my end I don't even see any embedded images.

I do have a video showing the original quickswitch, though ("Captured on 15.9.2010/16.9.2010 on EU Server Patriot (Release-Version 1.4.1).").

Gotta add it's fairly cringy (for me, at least) and on a terrible skill level by today's standards. But in my defense, at the time I just wanted to show gameplay without using what was at the time known as the HVR-quickswitch (from the description: "No N-HVR-Quickswitch (proper noobshit!) included." *cringe*). It does, ironically, feature a couple HVR-quickswitches of the "modern" variant.

idc about "original" QS somehow.

For me it was first shot Colby RSA > N-HVR with 3PS3 and done 😉

Just remove preset weapons. That solves everything as to what people are complaining about. That can't be that difficult, most of them already have 3 slotted versions.

• Like 1

with each rebalance weapons LO retreats a step back .  

18 hours ago, Kewlin said:

On the subject of the LCR RoF change, let's not forget that it was made around a mod that honestly is not required on the LCR, as the LCR only increases in STK by 1 around 75m, and the Old Glory is by far the superior LCR.

As for people suggesting recoil as a downside, I honestly am starting to not hate that idea.

The LCR needed a slight TTK decrease regardless of the IR change, but it's per shot modifier should have remained the same at 0.60 instead of being changed to 0.53. 1.08s TTK at 75M with no bloom is a bit too OP for an Armas weapon. The range nerf to rifles also means it has a lower TTK on average past 60M or so. IR3 on new patch means it will do the same at 89M, although I'm not sure on the accuracy at that range.

17 hours ago, gamergoggles said:

Can't wait to use OBIR at 5m buff. Throw IR3 on that baby and say goodbye to your HVR.

It's range was reduced to 55M. With the IR3 buff, it's only 66.2M, 0.8M less than pre IR patch.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

4 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

The LCR needed a slight TTK decrease regardless of the IR change, but it's per shot modifier should have remained the same at 0.60 instead of being changed to 0.53. 1.08s TTK at 75M with no bloom is a bit too OP for an Armas weapon. The range nerf to rifles also means it has a lower TTK on average past 60M or so. IR3 on new patch means it will do the same at 89M, although I'm not sure on the accuracy at that range.

The entire point of the LCR is that it's full auto with no bloom, lol. I'd rather not have it get "buffed" then be reworked, plus, it's still honestly hands-down worse than the CR762. Let's not forget that with the Rifle range curve, if the dropoff starts at 50m the CR762 doesn't see an STK increase until about 72m without IR3, if it's 55 like you say it's STK increases at 77m, (I'm honestly not sure off of the top of my head which range it starts its dropoff at, and I don't want to do a ton of research ATM.) That combined with the fact that everybody who owns an LCR knows they don't land shots reliably at range makes the CR762 still the clear choice every time unless you just want to fuck around.

Also, note that unless there's curves involved I don't know about, the Old Glory does actually have some bloom at this point according to my math (sadly I don't own an Old Glory, though some day I hope to.)

I'm curious though, do you own any LCRs? 'Cause if you think they're in any way OP it really sounds like you don't, lol. The only reason really I get kills with the gun ever is because people for some reason don't try to take cover from it.

Edited by Kewlin
Fixed figures about CR762 range.

4 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Aha... LCR is just a meme right now! 

in 99% of all cases u better go with N-tec, Obir, Obeya or N-ISSR.

And just to look at N-ISSR If u don't trigger ur LMB like a fool and just wait a bit u will have no bloom too and kill in ~1sec at same range where LCR will kill in 1.08sec.

2 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

Aha... LCR is just a meme right now! 

in 99% of all cases u better go with N-tec, Obir, Obeya or N-ISSR.

And just to look at N-ISSR If u don't trigger ur LMB like a fool and just wait a bit u will have no bloom too and kill in ~1sec at same range where LCR will kill in 1.08sec.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the ISSR-B, the underrated king of range ~50-84m.

Edited by Kewlin
Making grammar more clear.

On 10/22/2018 at 5:39 PM, MattScott said:

Just arrived in Paris for Games Week, so I’m a bit tired, but I wanted to post a quick update.

Wait does that mean there will be an APB booth at PGW? 😮

8 hours ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

Wait does that mean there will be an APB booth at PGW? 😮

Probably not, LO is working on a few other games.

42 minutes ago, collectmoments said:

in what world?

make believe world