MartisLTU

Sky too bright & shadows too dark.

After long time of playing on low settings, i decided to spice things up and start to play on max settings. But i got this problem:  Sky too bright and shadows too dark...

If i lower brightness, shadows and dark places gets too dark and if i rise it up.. sky light try to make me blind.

Can i fix this somehow without turning of bloom ?

2s7bdjs.jpg

• Like 2

Shadows look fine to me?

Sure the bloom is a little bit overboard in that situation. 

But overall I don't think the contrast difference is that bad here.

Part of this may be your monitor, such as trying to output a full range when your monitor only supports limited.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Honestly this was bothering me for all these years of playing this game... The lights and shadows in game look very very very unrealistic. I dont know how about others but i feel like this is the major problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartisLTU said:

After long time of playing on low settings, i decided to spice things up and start to play on max settings. But i got this problem:  Sky too bright and shadows too dark...

If i lower brightness, shadows and dark places gets too dark and if i rise it up.. sky light try to make me blind.

Can i fix this somehow without turning of bloom ?

2s7bdjs.jpg

Ez fix turn brightness up or dont play on max settings 😛

Its been so long since Ive played with bloom on I forgot how bad it was.

Bloom off brightness 5 ftw!

What need is a way to disable the bloom without disabling eye adaptation. You can do this via shaders, but I doubt LO would be supportive of that.

All lighting issues in this game are a byproduct of it being on a beta version of UE3. There's nothing to fix on the player's end, it'll be resolved with the upgrade to UE3.5.

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

All lighting issues in this game are a byproduct of it being on a beta version of UE3. There's nothing to fix on the player's end, it'll be resolved with the upgrade to UE3.5.

have you seen console?

yikes

47 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

have you seen console? yikes

I've seen the screenshots/video of the PC version, and know the capabilities of UE. With a proper dev team and non-damaged leadership directing it, we won't see the shitshow that is the console releases on PC.