Aeronaut

Fastest way to enter a vehicle

(i'm going to assume i did these in seconds)

The stopwatch starts on the frames that show a change into the door opening animation.

The stopwatch stops on the frame after the red lights are deactivated and the car is accelerating (which would point that the vehicle is fully understand the players control)

1. could have done more trials.

2. took out 3.37s for the ACE because it was sort of an outlier and that the range from 3.37s to 3.22s made it fair enough to remove. only changed the mean 0.01s. probably should have used median but i don't do good math.

3. it'd be cool to try and find out which exact frame is when the player considered "invincible"

4. i based my animation cancel on the moment the enforcer character waves the badge in front of the civilian's face. it seemed pretty reliable.

5. there's also the fast enter method where if the vehicle door you're attempting to enter is partially blocked, the game goes fuck it and teleports you inside the vehicle. that's technically the fastest way to enter a car but that would mean you'd have to carefully prep your car every time you exit or get lucky with civilian cars around the city.

6. i just realized that I forgot to test how long it takes for an empty car entering through the passenger side door. but there's an animation sliding over so an educated guess would be it would add some time.

[Control] - entering an empty car from driver side
1.5s

[RE] - driver side door enter with animation
4.29s

[ACE] - driver side door animation cancel
3.29s

[PSE] - passenger side door
3.04s

tldr:

passenger side door with a civilian in it is the fastest way.

instant entry via partially blocked door is technically fastest but would require you to set up the car that way everytime or you'd have to get lucky with civilian cars.

Edited by Aeronaut
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Reminder: You should be doing whatever is safest if you are getting shot at regardless of speed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

5. there's also the fast enter method where if the vehicle door you're attempting to enter is partially blocked, the game goes fuck it and teleports you inside the vehicle. that's technically the fastest way to enter a car but that would mean you'd have to carefully prep your car every time you exit or get lucky with civilian cars around the city.

tldr:

passenger side door with a civilian in it is the fastest way.*

* - (as mentioned) outside other than #5 - instantly if partially blocked

• Thanks 1

what about no animation instant entry

this data does not reflect high level play

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

what about no animation instant entry

this data does not reflect high level play

look at #5 you 

Just now, Aeronaut said:

look at #5 you 

no

Just now, Aeronaut said:

please?

no means no

Just now, BXNNXD said:

no means no

okay. let me know when you get home safe though?

1 minute ago, Aeronaut said:

okay. let me know when you get home safe though?

no

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

no

please?

4 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

please?

no means no

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:

Good drivers will always have their car prepped for this, especially with how easy it is to do once you're comfortable with your car's handling. It's not always an option, but in those cases it likely wouldn't have been worthwhile to set up anyways (example being dropping out to kill someone in the open street).

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

no means no

aero cares about you man, just tell him when you get home safe

3 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

tldr:

passenger side door with a civilian in it is the fastest way.

instant entry via partially blocked door is technically fastest but would require you to set up the car that way everytime or you'd have to get lucky with civilian cars.

I don't understand. 

Are you saying they should be changed in a different way, stay the same, or are you solely just informing?

5 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

instant entry via partially blocked door is technically fastest but would require you to set up the car that way everytime.

This isn't that hard and a good way to get into the habit of thinking of where to park your car rather than just ramming it into the objective. 

That is a way of entering a vehicle that I am not familiar with and assume no one else does it this way either good for you for not including an obviously nonsensical means of vehicle entering etiquette, nothing else to see here and no need to investigate it ever. 

And then there's my bronze server buddies are like; 

2kgo82.jpg

Edited by KnifuWaifu
wut?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucidy said:

I don't understand. 

Are you saying they should be changed in a different way, stay the same, or are you solely just informing?

just informing. there's no call to action.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

This isn't that hard and a good way to get into the habit of thinking of where to park your car rather than just ramming it into the objective. 

true. in hindsight, I should have shown the instant-enter but technically I want to say it's classified as an exploit, especially if you're getting your car up every time to take advantage of the mechanic.

and I just assumed a large majority of the population was aware of it.

4 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

(...) the game goes fuck it and teleports you inside the vehicle

😄 that's my favourite way of it. Occasionally I even park my car close to walls deliberately.

Actually, I thought cancelling the animation was the quickest way apart from teleporting when there's an npc in the car, so cheers for enlightening me! Love to learn something new in APB since that's become quite rare.

However, in a battle I'll probably still prefer the animation cancelling way as the duration of being unable to do anything (due to an animation) is shorter than when entering on the co-driver side.

9 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

there is no exploitative way of entering a vehicle and any conversation alluding to otherwise is clearly in error.

entering via the passenger door is superior.

indeed. 

But as an Enforcer I got to go for the driver door any chance to flash that badge.  So worth the extra seconds. 

1 minute ago, thelinux said:

😄 that's my favourite way of it. Occasionally I even park my car close to walls deliberately.

Actually, I thought cancelling the animation was the quickest way apart from teleporting when there's an npc in the car, so cheers for enlightening me! Love to learn something new in APB since that's become quite rare.

However, in a battle I'll probably still prefer the animation cancelling way as the duration of being unable to do anything (due to an animation) is shorter than when entering on the co-driver side.

well keep in mind that this is only testing what's the fastest time from animation start to player control of vehicle acceleration (the brake lights disengaging).

in an actual scenario, you'd want to try and decide if it's safe enough to utilize the animation cancel or run around to the passenger side.

it wouldn't make sense for you to save less than half a second to run around to the passenger side where the enemy can freely shoot you. you'd want to animation cancel the driver side to quickly get in the vehicle that would make you mostly safe from the potential gun fire of the passenger side.

usage for entering all depends on the context of the current gunfight.

Yeah. That's why I always commandeer car from passanger side.

Cause it's way more faster PLUS you are safe inside when you do that.

Aeronaut is sending civilans into the fucking void for science.  Who would have thought, a quick flash of your badge was all it took to revoke someone's ability to exist.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Aeronaut is sending civilans into the fucking void for science.  Who would have thought, a quick flash of your badge was all it took to revoke someone's ability to exist.

for the greater good.

some must suffer for others may prosper.

• Like 1