Sign in to follow this  
MrKindlyCat

Is it possible?

Hi

By your ToS macros is restricted to use in game but no tools to detect macros so I dont know how it work but I saw how you integrated Advanced Launcher in BattleEye so maybe you will add most popular mouse tools with macros in BattleEye to ban people for using third part software? And if BattleEye will see that a player is turning on macros tools while entering in APB then BattleEye will mark him as cheater and you will give to the player the temporary ban for 1 months and give him an attention if he will using again macros tools give him second temporary ban for 6 months and 2nd attention and if he will use third time macros tools you can give him permanent ban... Attention should be clear and short... 1st Attention... You banned for 1 months... reason - macros tools... to avoid permanent ban dont use macros in game... 

Advanced Launcher modifies game files - that was the issue.

Any credible macro/mouse/keyboard software etc doesn't.

It doesn't hook into the game either etc.

To detect software macros it would also need to scan all your running processes. Not very nice. Even then, they couldn't really detect what those softwares are used for. When I had a shit keyboard, I just used AHK to map music controls to key combos. Apparently PB banned for just having that very software active - I never got but who knows. Also, Logitechs Software unifies Keyboard/Mouse/Headset stuff, so just banning based on having that active? Please.

This would only lead to false positive controversies like e.g. Destiny 2 vs Discord and enable people to make claims about their bans being flawed (they will do anyway tho)

And then there are macros that get stored on the mouse - e.g. A4Tech does that, BattleEye couldn't detect that.

I don't think macros+macrousers are nice etc but don't overdo it.

Closets who just want a small edge are definitely an issue. But we can talk about that, once we got rid of the blatants rerolls who definitely are a more urgent one.

Edited by ❤BR)))❤

I think this is why experienced player GMs need to be in-game.

Macros are an issue, there are people relying on them to be able to use weapons such as the OSCAR, which is stupid when you can just learn firing patterns and practice using them. I agree with Hey! and neophobiait is difficult to be able to identify a macro user and ban them without completely banning all software that provide things such as RGB lighting and mouse DPI settings but have macros added such as Razer Synapse. So this is a difficult topic for anti-cheat to cover, which is why I agree with Hey!, there needs to be experienced player GMs in game to be able to sort this issue out and Lixil is definitely sorting out the issue of GMs being rare by making Volunteer GM applications.

14 hours ago, Hey! said:

I think this is why experienced player GMs need to be in-game.

Even players with experience would probably have a hard time telling who's using a macro and who's put thousands of hours into practising.

7 hours ago, Kayleigh Stanway said:

Even players with experience would probably have a hard time telling who's using a macro and who's put thousands of hours into practising.

It's pretty easy to tell with certain weapons.  The FBW would be a good example; with macros it's rate of fire is almost that of an automatic weapon.

The old Code of Conduct forbade macros.

The new one does not mention them.

TwRjsnn.png

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The old Code of Conduct forbade macros.

The new one does not mention them.

TwRjsnn.png

Hopefully it's added. It's quite an unfair advantage, lol.

16 hours ago, TrinityFSB said:

It's pretty easy to tell with certain weapons.  The FBW would be a good example; with macros it's rate of fire is almost that of an automatic weapon.

i mean even clicking it’s going to have the same rof, all semi auto guns are still competitive after all

On 5/30/2018 at 9:12 AM, MrKindlyCat said:

... maybe you will add most popular mouse tools with macros in BattleEye to ban people for using third part software? ...

Some people don't use those tools to "improve" their gameplay though, which means they'll get banned. For example I run razer synapse, it has a built in macro tool but I don't utilize it.

There is also people who have macros for other things other than just firing as fast as possible, like an anti-afk macro.

Sign in to follow this