Sign in to follow this  
TrashCan

Hardware IP bans!?!?!?!

good luck getting them to stick

26 minutes ago, Sadira said:

Sure, but it's very easy to spoof them.

^
U dont even need a software to spoof, since windows give you the option to spoof already

Didn't we already have that?

But as Sadira said, it's easy to spoof them and effectively doesn't do much.

hardware id gets asked like every 3 months

Tbh.. i dont know if its a good idea to completly block ability to come back for stupid ppl. I mean some cheaters growing up as a person, maybe they stop cheating .. it would be a shame to lose ppl. who doesnt want to cheat.

But other hand, yes i agree LO should do something about those cheaters who gets ban and makes new acc. in 5 mins just to cheat again.

Maybe link phone number to acc. ? Those who get ban cant use same phone number for new acc. Or something like this. Sure they could use mother, father, sister etc... numbers ,but sooner or later they end up of numbers and i doubt they would go to buy new sim cards just to cheat on APB. 

Edited by MartisLTU

2 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

Tbh.. i dont know if its a good idea to completly block ability to come back for stupid ppl. I mean some cheaters growing up as a person, maybe they stop cheating .. it would be a shame to lose ppl. who doesnt want to cheat.

But other hand, yes i agree LO should do something about those cheaters who gets ban and makes new acc. in 5 mins just to cheat again.

Maybe link phone number to acc. ? Those who get ban cant use same phone number for new acc. Or something like this. Sure they could use mother, father, sister etc... numbers ,but sooner or later they end up of numbers and i doubt they would go to buy new sim cards just to cheat on APB. 

Sure, maybe when they "grow up as a person" apb would find an end.

Hardware ids can be changed easily. so can internet address.

And not everyone has a cell phone myself included.

The only real guarantee is banning accounts.

Not sure what else can be done without slowing down updates to APB

12 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You can change your hardware ID in under 5 minutes.

LO should introduce it anyway also connect APB with steam so that you can not start without it. I get it u can make are steam account under 5 min but they have to do it! 

Because if you have to do that (chance hardware ID, Steam account, APB account) every single time ..i mean come on let's troll the Cheaters at least a bit.

Just now, TrashCan said:

LO should introduce it anyway also connect APB with steam so that you can not start without it. I get it u can make are steam account under 5 min but they have to do it! 

Because if you have to do that (chance hardware ID, Steam account, APB account) every single time ..i mean come on let's troll the Cheaters at least a bit.

It takes me under 2 minutes to make both a gamersfirst account, forum account, and approval post to go with it. Adding in a steam/hardware Id etc will push it up to 10minutes at most. 10minutes every now and then does not deter cheaters.

6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It takes me under 2 minutes to make both a gamersfirst account, forum account, and approval post to go with it. Adding in a steam/hardware Id etc will push it up to 10minutes at most. 10minutes every now and then does not deter cheaters.

Yeah i know it will not deter cheater i get it! but they will have some extra work :))

11 minutes ago, TrashCan said:

Yeah i know it will not deter cheater i get it! but they will have some extra work :))

Oh noes. 5minutes of extra work at most once a week and more like once every few months, what ever will they do.

30 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Oh noes. 5minutes of extra work at most once a week and more like once every few months, what ever will they do.

They going sick and crazy trust me! i mean every single time drives the cheaters nuts! :))

TrashCan

Members

42 posts

Joined Jul 2018

lol

Cheaters on here are so full of bullcrap; a good 2018 hwid blocker would leave a cheater with having to exchange hardware.

A very well known 2018 example is Fortnite using this approach as an addition to their anti-cheat policy; their hwid blocker includes the harddisk serial used with the game, a serial which you cannot spoof nor change yourself with software on windows or linux and professional cheaters now are piling up harddisks / ssds, which is great. Like, them having to buy a shitty 20 dollar replacement HD for this game every time they get pwnd by battleye or ez is funny. No, it is hilarious. Even more expensive if the cheater insist on using ssds.

There are rumors a new update will also add ram (memory) identifiers from manufacturers, which will make this even more annoying to unskilled people ruining games with cheats.

No approach is perfect but a good 2018 hwid blocker does certainly help. This forum is 99.99 percent old og trolls though so why even try here? luls!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Jazeker said:

Cheaters on here are so full of bullcrap; a good 2018 hwid blocker would leave a cheater with having to exchange hardware.

A very well known 2018 example is Fortnite using this approach as an addition to their anti-cheat policy; their hwid blocker includes the harddisk serial used with the game, a serial which you cannot spoof nor change yourself with software on windows or linux and professional cheaters now are piling up harddisks / ssds, which is great. Like, them having to buy a shitty 20 dollar replacement HD for this game every time they get pwnd by battleye or ez is funny. No, it is hilarious. Even more expensive if the cheater insist on using ssds.

There are rumors a new update will also add ram (memory) identifiers from manufacturers, which will make this even more annoying to unskilled people ruining games with cheats.

No approach is perfect but a good 2018 hwid blocker does certainly help. This forum is 99.99 percent old og trolls though so why even try here? luls!

Then players buying used hardware get banned because it happened to be flagged.

From my perspective, there's a huge cultural problem with modern gaming. It seems like less and less people play for the fun of it.

I'm all for implementing more security to combat cheaters, but only when they are actually going to work properly. If they won't, they'll only become an incentive for scriptkiddies to bypass.

13 hours ago, Sadira said:

Sure, but it's very easy to spoof them.

^This.

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

And not everyone has a cell phone myself included.

No offence, but its hard to believe that some one who have internet and PC to play games dont have cell phone or any kind phone with active number.... 

I think phone number link to acc. with sms verification would be end of reroll cheaters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartisLTU said:

I think phone number link to acc. with sms verification would be end of reroll cheaters.

You are late by 20 years, now you can google "receive sms online" and get billion of different numbers for throwaway account verification. Not to mention there are a lot of events/places where you can grab bunch of promo sim cards for free.

2 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

No offence, but its hard to believe that some one who have internet and PC to play games dont have cell phone or any kind phone with active number.... 

Yes, pay $ 20 each time just to cheat for a week would make a big difference.

So now we have chance hardware ID, Steam account, APB account and SMS verification I like the combo ooh boy.

Sign in to follow this