MattScott

Community Discussion Topics

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Every single time I play there's players accusing me of cheating. It's usually when I'm having a bad game too which really doesn't make sense. APB does have a cheater problem, all games do, but the number of real cheaters is a tiny fraction of those who get reported.

What I would like to discuss more on is the reasoning behind making such drastic changes to weapon balance. The community seems to only want the N-TEC and N-HVR 762 nerfed, and a few vocal lower skilled players wanting IR nerfed. What LO implemented was an overnerf to the only useful red mod which indirectly nerfed all preset weapons with it. They gave a range nerf to shotguns and rifles, and a slight nerf to the OCA's ttk. This indirectly buffed the N-TEC and other ARs. The N-TEC also got it's dynamic bloom removed, so now it's even easier to tap fire. We did get a nerf to the N-HVR 762, but it's buggy. Sometimes the crosshair is fully closed but it deals minimum damage.

I never felt the N-TEC was OP. I do think the HVR was OP. It used to be balanced when we had the steady damage dropoff years ago. When G1/Reloaded implemented the new dropoff system, they nerfed the usable range on all non snipers, and basically made weapon damage make no sense. A weapon shouldn't all of a sudden lose over 50% of it's damage after 10-15 meters. The only exceptions were the CR762 and OBIR, but LO then nerfed their ranges with the last patch.

rldr. Weapon balance changes do not make sense.

N-TEC was never op just people were mad they couldn't beat it so they begged and begged BOO HOO, HVR was never op just learn to counter it. Ir3 changes were never needed just a bunch of players want something to complain about. Next thing people are gonna say "NERF CJ3" I can't out shoot a ntec with cj3 huhhh

27 minutes ago, February said:

N-TEC was never op just people were mad they couldn't beat it so they begged and begged BOO HOO, HVR was never op just learn to counter it. Ir3 changes were never needed just a bunch of players want something to complain about. Next thing people are gonna say "NERF CJ3" I can't out shoot a ntec with cj3 huhhh

Funny you say that. I preferred CJ3 on the N-TEC, pre and post patch. Also, if you place IR3 on the NSSW/VAS SW2 you have 0 bloom due to IR3 slowing down the reduced rate of fire. I wonder what other weapons benefit from that? The CAP40 with IR1 cancels it's bloom, but it's not really a good choice since the OCA has better accuracy, lower ttk, and zero bloom with no mods.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

59 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

As one of the best, if not THE best shotgun player. 

This gave me the giggles. Thanks, pal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LordVegeta said:

All shotguns are really bad right now except for NFAS/Thumper. JG, CSG, and Shredder are basically broken because of the last update to them. As one of the best, if not THE best shotgun player, JG, CSG and Shredder, under perform right now compared to other CQC weapons and honostly if you are out killing people with those weapons they are probably below your skill level. 

jg isn't broken i just watched silvers get owned by a bronze with a jg

1 hour ago, February said:

Late, but not our fault you couldn't get kills with them before 😛  practice more ez fix

if you read my posts i used them for daily joker tickets so yes i practiced with them daily

some of us prefer back then some prefer now *shrugs* just how it goes

49 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

This gave me the giggles. Thanks, pal.

Truth is sometimes funny pal. 

29 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

jg isn't broken i just watched silvers get owned by a bronze with a jg

JG is broken now. Just because a player can die to a gun doesnt mean it's good. 

9 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

Indeed, lord of shotties

Always glad to see how active you all are in trying to keep up the contact with us all. 

If I had to suggest a topic for discussion though, it would be "Where do we go from here?" Basically, my meaning is that, what's the direction we should be going, and how. You guys have laid a roadmap down and all, but I still think that'd be a great discussion topic. Might be wording some things wrong because I'm a derp though, so excuse that.

1 hour ago, LordVegeta said:

JG is broken now. Just because a player can die to a gun doesnt mean it's good. 

and yet so many are carrying it around.......

if it was broken like you're saying why is it the shotgun im still seeing the most

seeing it more than oca even *shrugs*

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

if it was broken like you're saying why is it the shotgun im still seeing the most

Imagine seeing the gun you get for free more than the gun from ARMAS.

Also, bronze district is a strange place.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Imagine seeing the gun you get for free more than the gun from ARMAS.

Also, bronze district is a strange place.

wasn't for free on some of them though some were golden pic guns *shrugs*

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

wasn't for free on some of them though some were golden pic guns *shrugs*

bronze

district

this is the same place people thought 50 reports = ban

Just now, CookiePuss said:

bronze

district

this is the same place people thought 50 reports = ban

who said i was only in bronze? silver was more of it as well

did you forget i play in both? goober 😛

8 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

who said i was only in bronze? silver was more of it as well

did you forget i play in both? goober 😛

Then I will call you out on your claim that more people are playing JG than OCA and say you are just lying.

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Then I will call you out on your claim that more people are playing JG than OCA and say you are just lying.

i didn't say that either but i did say what i seen more of 😛

Hi everyone,

I have posted the first Community Developer Discussion topic in a sub forum here:

Thanks,
Matt

9 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

again, just because people are using it doesnt mean it's good.

its a common gun everyone gets when they hit rank 20 or whatever. Everyone has a JG and new players dont know the difference between good guns and bad guns. 

On 10/17/2018 at 5:49 PM, BXNNXD said:

purchasing a product that’s being sold in no way makes you an investor, it makes you a consumer

As a player you are investing time in the game, however. And without these investors the game is dead. So as a developer you need to listen to these investors to an extend. Otherwise they might stop investing in your product.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 5:30 PM, nikitos5 said:

And I think a good idea would be to rework the auto distrct selection system for new players so that when they click 'join financial' the system does not send them to a silver distrct and instead to a bronze distrct. That would be the first step to improving new player experience

T lv should not be able to join the silver or bronze area . District T lv only Green .

On 10/17/2018 at 9:05 AM, Seedy said:

dont worry about the haters.. they will try to bring down anything that is doing well enough. I think your doing well.

Why isn't Little Orbit listen to me? / Why is Little Orbit listening to people that don't know what they are talking about?

Most people have no clue how to make games. They complain about physics, matchmaking and so on yet they have never debugged a single line of code or actually considered the maths behind such systems. Until they even have the simplest understanding of these things they need to just keep out of it. Their opinions just bread hatred for the people making the games from more people who have no clue. Everyone is a critic yet 99.99999% of people are faceless blowhards with no clue. Please critic, take your self out of your mothers basement and look up at the sky. There is someone out their who maybe will even like you. You dont have to be critical of every single thing. Little Orbit are doing well. I have faith in them.

it is fine when people critisize things they have no idea about becaue they don't like how it feels. Thats point of feedback. What really hurts if those people come with a kind of indepth analysis and solution but they don't understand entirely how mechanics work. The IR thra dis a good example that shows again how many people, wbven old veterans have issues understanding what bloom is and how it works.  because they deliver solutions which within themselves sounds logically. But anyone who knows how the mechanics work, also knows that this is a false logic.

But how would Lo even sort this stuff out? They would need a kind of inner circle of people with knowledge who give feedback on possible fixes. Sadly, often enough these kind of people still follow an own agenda instead of working for the greater good of APB.

On 10/19/2018 at 8:47 PM, February said:

yeah 95% of the goldies just used n-tec and N-HVR because they like how they look like. really keep telling you this., you might one day truly believe it. they were far superior, which is what makes them OP.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 2:30 PM, LordVegeta said:

I disagree with you. The number of cheaters are actually GREATER than the number of people reported. Why? Because a lot of people use cheats like Configurations,Advanced APB Launcher (which isnt considered a cheat but should because you can take out muzzle flash, fog, and other things), and code that you would never be able to tell they were using. For instance, if you take a look at apb twitch channels, you will see people streaming with apb configs often. APB configs are against the TOS and are considered a cheat. But check it out. Those are the only people you can SEE use a config. Can you imagine how many people use a config and dont stream??? A lot more than you think.

Your worst nightmare. 

It's not cheating if the game creators said its okay to use after reviewing it. Shush

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

It's not cheating if the game creators said its okay to use after reviewing it. Shush

A GM confirmed for me and everyone in social a few weeks ago that configs are considered cheating and are against TOS. Shush. 

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

18 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

A GM confirmed for me and everyone in social a few weeks ago that configs are considered cheating and are against TOS. Shush. 

advanced launcher contains the only file modifications that are officially OK’d by orbit - pretty sure the ceo outranks a volunteer GM 

everything else is technically bannable tho

13 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

advanced launcher contains the only file modifications that are officially OK’d by orbit - pretty sure the ceo outranks a volunteer GM 

everything else is technically bannable tho

Not talking about launcher, I already stated that it's allowable. Im talking about configurations other than launcher.

4 hours ago, LordVegeta said:

Not talking about launcher, I already stated that it's allowable. Im talking about configurations other than launcher.

>taking some volunteer player GMs word on anything... especially one who has apparently never seen apb on twitch 

lul