collectmoments

Post 'Battleye' Update statistics

15 hours ago, collectmoments said:

Would be nice to know if there have been any detections or even bans after the update.

I think only admins know.

45 minutes ago, Aurora_Valis said:

Last time something like that was publicized, the community turned into full on autism galore, to put it mildly. No thanks.

Elaborate?:)

48 minutes ago, Aurora_Valis said:

Last time something like that was publicized, the community turned into full on autism galore, to put it mildly. No thanks.

As sad as it is , it was true

Having public anonimous stats wouldn't hurt tho .

Edited by Ketog

47 minutes ago, Aurora_Valis said:

You mean that ffbans.org thingy?

In Battlefield 1 they just say who has been banned in the last week or day or something nothing more.

They use Fairfight btw. 😛 

Wall of shame would be okay.

but DO NOT tell anyone what changed in anticheat and what is detected ☝

Hell no only LO should be able to see them. Shit like this promotes toxicity. This community already has enough toxic people.

Edited by damn2112
l
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, collectmoments said:

Would be nice to know if there have been any detections or even bans after the update.

I personally don't want that toxic name and shame APB used to have.

It made such a hostile environment that it was hard to play for fun anymore.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

nO cHeAtErS iN aPb

Which mindset is worse? That one, or:

EvReyONe chEEts beCuze TheyRe bETter THan Me

the last thing we need is another ffbans, holy crap that site was a breeding ground for toxicity 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Archon said:

Which mindset is worse? That one, or:

The everyone cheats one... I think. 

I can't remember when, but IIRC, Matt Scott has said that he doesn't agree with public ban stats as it shows a failure somewhere along the line.

Hi all,

I've already said that I will not post ban statistics or embrace the toxicity surrounding the practice of glorifying bans.
We usually communicate at least a couple times of month with their developers to see if there are upgrades.

We also have some very helpful community members turning in cheats they have found or paid for.

BattlEye has quietly flagged plenty of accounts for cheating. My team reviews each case, and has banned 100% of them.

I find it interesting that no one is stepping forward from that group to admit they got caught.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

10 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I've already said that I will not post ban statistics or embrace the toxicity surrounding the practice of glorifying bans.
We usually communicate at least a couple times of month with their developers to see if there are upgrades.

We also have some very helpful community members turning in cheats they have found or paid for.

BattlEye has quietly flagged plenty of accounts for cheating. My team reviews each case, and has banned 100% of them.

I find it interesting that no one is stepping forward from that group to admit they got caught.

Thanks,
Matt

Good man!!!!

1 minute ago, Ignas / qsn said:

They are directly supporting people who make cheats and they most likely wanted to cheat if they bought them. I wouldn't really call them helpful.

i’d like to assume this was some kind of private invite only cheat but i won’t lie it’s odd that people paying for cheats are being praised, regardless of why they’re paying

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ignas / qsn said:

They are directly supporting people who make cheats and they most likely wanted to cheat if they bought them. I wouldn't really call them helpful.

Not exactly 100% agreeing with you here. There is no other way to obtain paid cheats other than sending that couple of bucks their creators' way, so some money has to be lost to cheaters. However, if the cheat gets paid for and downloaded, then forwarded straight for analysis, it effectively becomes an open invitation for the anticheat providers to run wild in the cheat's code, see how exactly it hooks into the game, what to look out for, etc.

I'd imagine that most anticheat providers would appreciate people sending them copies of cheat files, since then they can reverse-engineer them, implement counter-measures in the next update, and thus be able to take pride in preventing even more cheats than before.

Then again, I'm not an expert in this field, so take my opinion here with a grain of salt :V

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Archon said:

^this

gitgud scrubs

30 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

Not exactly 100% agreeing with you here. There is no other way to obtain paid cheats other than sending that couple of bucks their creators' way, so some money has to be lost to cheaters. However, if the cheat gets paid for and downloaded, then forwarded straight for analysis, it effectively becomes an open invitation for the anticheat providers to run wild in the cheat's code, see how exactly it hooks into the game, what to look out for, etc.

I'd imagine that most anticheat providers would appreciate people sending them copies of cheat files, since then they can reverse-engineer them, implement counter-measures in the next update, and thus be able to take pride in preventing even more cheats than before.

Then again, I'm not an expert in this field, so take my opinion here with a grain of salt :V

ran out of 'reactions'... so:
this.

34 minutes ago, Ignas / qsn said:

seeking redemption is a  virtue

seeking bots that truly work and shutting them down is covert ops tactics and undercover police work

either way im thankful *shrugs*

1 hour ago, Ignas / qsn said:

If you have the cheats program in your hands, you can simply have it banned by your anti-cheat before entering the game.