For people who are not too lazy to read:

Hello everyone,

So yesterday I pulled out my Firebomb that's been sitting collecting dust since I made the mistake of buying it a few years ago from the joker store.

I activated the "Meteor!" mod, and then realized this thing has a 3 minute cool down. That got me thinking, "This thing is objectively worse then Remote Detonator because it needs a running start and needs to crash into something to work, If this thing has a 3 minute cool down, then the remote detonator must have a really long cooldown."

So I looked on the wiki (I know it's outdated) and the wiki says the remote detonator has a 1 second cooldown.

"That can't be right" I said to myself.

TL:DR:

So anyway, my question: How long is the Remote Detonator cooldown?

Edit: I feel like I need to qualify this, I don't mind the remote detonator, I'm just curious.

Edited by StunStick
Intent

5 minutes ago, StunStick said:

For people who are not too lazy to read:

Hide contents

Hello everyone,

So yesterday I pulled out my Firebomb that's been sitting collecting dust since I made the mistake of buying it a few years ago from the joker store.

I activated the "Meteor!" mod, and then realized this thing has a 3 minute cool down. That got me thinking, "This thing is objectively worse then Remote Detonator because it needs a running start and needs to crash into something to work, If this thing has a 3 minute cool down, then the remote detonator must have a really long cooldown."

So I looked on the wiki (I know it's outdated) and the wiki says the remote detonator has a 1 second cooldown.

"That can't be right" I said to myself.

TL:DR:

So anyway, my question: How long is the Remote Detonator cooldown?

Edit: I feel like I need to qualify this, I don't mind the remote detonator, I'm just curious.

Remote det effectively has no cooldown.

That being said, you have to spawn your vehicle again to use it.

What cool down?

No seriously, at minimum distance, remote det will take 2-3 seconds to blow up the car. This timer increases the further you are away.

In regards to how often you can use it, it's basically whenever you have your car out. The cooldown really is 1 second.

So, if the objective is roughly 40m away near a road and you have a good line of sight drive to it from a nearby car spawner and your car has brick in it, you can constantly send the car in and blow it up. We tested this years ago and it works.

Edited by Kempington
Still think remote detonator is ok?
  • Like 1

Since it's not really likely you're going to have your car every 1 second, after blowing it up, the cooldown is your willingness to go respawn your vehicle.

4 minutes ago, Kempington said:

What cool down?

No seriously, at minimum distance, remote det will take 2-3 seconds to blow up the car. This timer increases the further you are away.

In regards to how often you can use it, it's basically whenever you have your car out. The cooldown really is 1 second.

Oh damn, really?

Now the Firebomb's cool down makes even less sense.

Thanks for the answer!

Edited by StunStick

Yeah, mod itself has a 1 second cooldown, yet it has a small delay until it gets activatd after pressing 5, and then it "alarms up" until it explodes, depending on how far away you are.

If you want to use it instead of a firebomb, make sure to couple it with Muffler instead of Brick.

Muffler is a lot more controllable so you can roll it around and behind things instead of your car just speeding away.

And you can use Nitro 3 with Muffler, as it's a red mod.

Firebomb has become obsolete ever since Remote Detonator was added to the game, especially when the firebomb has such an insane cooldown and bugs a lot, like exploding randomly and not exploding at all.

Edited by GhosT
firebomb notes
  • Thanks 1

It would be nice if Remote Detonation required bombs to use.  Place bomb in trunk, then you can use remote detonation to blow your car.  Without the bomb your car just sounds the alarm with no explosion.

1 hour ago, illgot said:

It would be nice if Remote Detonation required bombs to use.  Place bomb in trunk, then you can use remote detonation to blow your car.  Without the bomb your car just sounds the alarm with no explosion.

Well, that's what the Remote Detonator pretty much is.

47 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Well, that's what the Remote Detonator pretty much is.

No, that's the Detonator - the thing that triggers the detonation. illgot wants the Detonatee - the thing that actually detonates. 

Hilarious that remote det still has not been given a cooldown. It should have never even been released without one in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Hilarious that remote det still has not been given a cooldown. It should have never even been released without one in the first place.

careful not to offend my fellow car det 3LIT3S pls, it is game style 

KaPpA

I made this video a while ago, it kinda anwsers your question about remote det, its almost like 0 cd or something lol but yea, you need to respawn your car each time you use it

14 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

No, that's the Detonator - the thing that triggers the detonation. illgot wants the Detonatee - the thing that actually detonates. 

The mod description states your car gets packed with explosives

On topic, I think it has like, 1s after detonation. Basically irrelevant, and if your car isn't spawned you can just spam clicks with it

• Like 1