Nitronik

Could / Should the Retail Box be RE-introduced?

The iceberg retail box was a pretty neat bit of kit on top of being a good deal.

30 days premium, choice of 4 account bound weapons* (with one being not so great arguably), account bound secondary and car (non-stackable) - I know of multiple people who purchased more than one box just to get all the account bound weapons & a premium top up while they were at it

*Weapon list. They are currently available on ARMAS for a much less competitive price.
https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_Shotgun_CSG_PR1_RT
https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_SniperRifle_HVR243_PR1_RT
https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_SMG_OCA-Whisper_PR1_RT
https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_NTEC-Scope_PR1_RT

Why were they taken offline? Could LO reintroduce them? Should they?

Edited by Nitronik
Added weapon list, fixed brainfart in title
  • Like 3

I say, Yes, BUT do it as a Humble Bundle once 3.5 is released and proven to work. 

you'd get a huge boost in the player base and it would advertise the fact that the game is improving.

Edited by Seadee
  • Like 1

Last time I checked they were like 5€ on sites like Kinguin and G2A. For a while it was cheaper for me to buy retail codes to get G1C (and premium on top of that) than to buy it from the official site. Gamersfirst probably lost heaps of money from it.

It was a extremely awesome value, but to be blunt i think armas should be changed entirely.
You know, because of the whole new regulations on lootboxes and whatnot.

Since premium has already got this subscription going on, it would be really cool if they could just change it to just give each month of premium subscription: an choice of 4 different weapons+ other goodies(like g1c, skins and whatnot) much like the RETAIL BOX.

Most players don't even care about the current premium benefits and perhaps if this works out, it could reduce the whole stigma of APB being P2W or any other silly things.

Kinda like a more sustainable deal and you know.. less slippery slope than dealing with a random stranger over a retail box.

Edited by Bellenettiel

6 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

Kinda like a more sustainable deal and you know.. less slippery slope than dealing with a random stranger over a retail box.

This was never the case while retail boxes were officially distributed (if you didn't go out of your way to find third party sellers that is)- what are you on about???

7 hours ago, Lumshedens said:

Last time I checked they were like 5€ on sites like Kinguin and G2A. For a while it was cheaper for me to buy retail codes to get G1C (and premium on top of that) than to buy it from the official site. Gamersfirst probably lost heaps of money from it.

You probably checked them several years ago. Good luck finding retail keys now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aurora_Valis said:

You probably checked them several years ago. Good luck finding retail keys now.

Yes. I checked them back in like 2014-2015. 

I'd keep that until the game at least went into UE 3.5, in order to advertise it.

And they definitely need to change the vehicle in it, it's like the worst choice you could make as a new player, and existing players will never think about using preset vehicles.

• Like 2

Just now, GhosT said:

And they definitely need to change the vehicle in it, it's like the worst choice you could make as a new player, and existing players will never think about using preset vehicles.

Agreed, even swapping out steel plating for... anything really, would be an improvement

11 hours ago, Lumshedens said:

Careful. We don't want a Key To The City incident V2 :^)

12 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Weren't they losing money this way?

yup and i got quite g1c and oca this way.

22 hours ago, Nitronik said:

The iceberg retail box was a pretty neat bit of kit on top of being a good deal.

30 days premium, choice of 4 account bound weapons* (with one being not so great arguably), account bound secondary and car (non-stackable) - I know of multiple people who purchased more than one box just to get all the account bound weapons & a premium top up while they were at it

*Weapon list. They are currently available on ARMAS for a much less competitive price.
https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_Shotgun_CSG_PR1_RT
https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_SniperRifle_HVR243_PR1_RT
https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_SMG_OCA-Whisper_PR1_RT
https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_NTEC-Scope_PR1_RT

Why were they taken offline? Could LO reintroduce them? Should they?

Oh yes please! But the issue of random people re-selling them should somehow be tackled.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Weren't they losing money this way?

you mean making less money? 

On 10/16/2018 at 5:22 AM, Lumshedens said:

Last time I checked they were like 5€ on sites like Kinguin and G2A.

Last I remember, a lot of players were banned after purchasing Key to the City / World keys from those 3rd party sites when they charge backed all of the keys.

• Like 1

Have it already.

Bit more about the purple weapons: shotgun was considered the best and it's crap in the current meta lol. They still should be in the shop yeah. Any of them are shitty in the meta none the less.

The extra purple sidearm secondary isn't in the shop afaik, but it's even more shitty in the current meta guess, that's why nobody ever bothered lols.

They are purple though. Could be a reason for collectors i guess.

Key to the city pack horror history is something totally different and involved stolen keys.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

54 minutes ago, Jazeker said:

Have it already.

Bit more about the purple weapons: shotgun was considered the best and it's crap in the current meta lol. They still should be in the shop yeah. Any of them are shitty in the meta none the less.

The extra purple sidearm secondary isn't in the shop afaik, but it's even more shitty in the current meta guess, that's why nobody ever bothered lols.

They are purple though. Could be a reason for collectors i guess.

Key to the city pack horror history is something totally different and involved stolen keys.

Yah too many accounts were banned..

15 hours ago, Xnetexe said:

Last I remember, a lot of players were banned after purchasing Key to the City / World keys from those 3rd party sites when they charge backed all of the keys.

What a mess that was... they were offered by G1 to buy 50% of the pack's worth in G1C to get their account unbanned iirc

14 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

What a mess that was... they were offered by G1 to buy 50% of the pack's worth in G1C to get their account unbanned iirc

Yeah I think it was the difference in what they paid vs what the pack actually cost.