Vante

[VOTE] @everyone Have Little Orbit made a good job so far?

@everyone Have Little Orbit made a good job so far?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Since there seems to be many mixed opinions on how LO have handled everything, what do you think? Have Little Orbit made a good job so far?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure.

What do you think and why?

Edited by Vanten

The weapon balance changes were kind of out there and just seemed like change for the sake of change. Their initial actions like unbanning players, adding battleye, and looking into server performance were good step in the right direction. We finally got a trading system in place. Weapon test districts are on the live servers which makes testing changes way easier. Overall I'd say they're doing a decent job.

Currently, I'm waiting for the engine upgrade. I don't expect to see much progress on it for at least 6 months, if not more. LO basically have to go over the whole project and fix whatever G1 broke. Seeing the few bugs popup from the current live patch shows just how bad G1 has the game configured.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

I don't expect to see much progress on it for at least 6 months

just think it was only 5 months of owning APB and the first month was just moving in (taking ownership)

not bad for 4 months of work right? I sure didn't expect this much done this fast.

and the engine upgrade is scheduled for two months from now.

If only it was going to come down to whether or not LO does a "good job".

Wouldnt that be nice?

yeah seems fine

were actually getting new content after who knows how many years - other than stable performance, new content is the thing i enjoy the most as a long time player 

Honestly I'm split on this, they have done some undoubtedly good things such as the trading system and Battleye, but their balance changes have been a real mixed bag some things have been good but others have been disasterous, then they've done stuff like the unbans which in my opinion was a terrible idea.

I am however hopeful that moving forward things will improve provided they learn from their mistakes, for now I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but only time will tell.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Honestly I'm split on this, they have done some undoubtedly good things such as the trading system and Battleye, but their balance changes have been a real mixed bag some things have been good but others have been disasterous, then they've done stuff like the unbans which in my opinion was a terrible idea.

Honestly, I could not agree more with what you said.

I vote yes because I have very low expectations after G1, so all in all, I feared much worse. Objectively, they haven't really done much of anything tangible. The meta is broken, the effectiveness of BattleEye is dubious, and support tickets have never been more clogged up.

I do believe they have the best intentions though, which is more than I can say for G1.

I vote yes.

Has the game improved? yes, therefore good job.

Progress, not perfection. 

• Like 3

They are fine, from the few times that I've been around, since their introduction, they've kept a pretty good ratio of transparency and releases.

Nothing too fantastic, which is realistic considering all things.
I hold a bit of glimmer of hope that they can finish things up before everyone just moves on.

Their recent releases weren't all too bad, with all things considered. (spiced up the meta and whatnot)

Still amazed that they did the player trades a reality. Personally wish they'd work on spicing up the game and fixing the god awful out-of-bounds system to only work when you are running a mission, but all in all, they are alright.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

They are fine, from the few times that I've been around, since their introduction, they've kept a pretty good ratio of transparency and releases.

Nothing too fantastic, which is realistic considering all things.
I hold a bit of glimmer of hope that they can finish things up before everyone just moves on.

Their recent releases weren't all too bad, with all things considered. (spiced up the meta and whatnot)

Still amazed that they did the player trades a reality. Personally wish they'd work on spicing up the game and fixing the god awful out-of-bounds system to only work when you are running a mission, but all in all, they are alright.

Making poll is cool and that's it.
All we can do is wait.
pss poll will show how actually small people uses forum. and shouldn't have voice over everyone else.

Edited by EMilika

I like all the thing they did so far

EXEPT for balance changes. This is one of the biggest things that dirrectly affects our gaming experience, and we can clearly see on the statistics, how badly that affected players. They should not have touched IR which affects most of the weapons, and it literaly broke some weapons.

I think they are doing a good job so far. Some bumps along the way but all in all (for me at least) a very good effort!

1. destroys balance of shotguns throw ntecs im more deep unbalanced shet + others (like some LMG missery etc.) all unbalances as fuck
2. changing anticheat from not working properly (in ratio 10 to 1 [10 bans 1 innocent]) to anticheat that any cheater bypass without any effort
3. performance changes ... rly u tell this is performance ? making game unstable for amd users (dont know about intel nvidia because i dont use it anymore) large 1-5 seconds spikes from 100fps to 10-20fps game kicking players servers dying slowly each week

but still so much to do:

1. crosshair scaling
  2. UI scalling is broken need to be responsive stays at 1 ressolution and increased size on bigger ressolutions
  3. weapons ballance part 2,3,4,5,6, ...
  4. mods shit ballance ... (IR3 is overpower now ...)
  5. weapons glitching with IR3 especially ntecs family (cr5 have a huge bug)
  6. temptress fix (its broken now ? because of IR3)
  7. reworking missions
    - times
    - what to do
    - short/long mission
    - times to do point (now is total random - or depending on dificulty lvl given from contact
  8. car physics and hitbox (jumping and car dmg to characters
  9. Still cars bot now car surfing team killing or suicide
  10. threat system
  11. matchmaking system (bound with thread system)
  12. granade rework (i want ... i demand old concusion granade!!!) - granades are glitched not do expected dmg to things (like cars, characters etc.) - sometimes do no dmg even if it explode on car or on character ...
  13. ghost shoots everywhere
  14. shotgun shells delay in 0.5 sec from shoot to reach target
  15. granade launcher too high radius (i mean opgl and yes radius 10m to dead in i granade is too high as i think)
  16. granades droping through floor (bound to physics)

as i think they cant fix all that staff now because why they should fix it if they release 3.5 with all that things fixed ... and then release 4.0 witheven more things fixed this could be ok for me i can wait (still)

i only demand performance fix (that lag spikes - only this) i dont need any new content any ballance for now. If u working hard on 3.5 UE porting then i could accept this and wait in patience untill release 😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheSxW said:

IR3 lol

everything you just said about guns being broken because of IR3 invalidates your opinion.

they've made steps in the right direction, feels like we're sometimes taking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back, it's a step in the right direction, but there's still a long way to go. i'd say they've done well so far, but in reality, it has been quite a mixed bag.

32 minutes ago, TheSxW said:

snip

1. Shotguns are more reliable while in hugging range, but less reliable at 10+ meters. I never felt shotguns were right in this game, and I don't see how they can be in a good place with only 100M of range to work with. The N-TEC has normal bloom now, making it more tap fire friendly but slightly less accurate spraying on the 3rd and 4th shot. Basically, this gives SMGs more purpose. I disagree with the IR mod firerate change. It affected too many preset weapons. I think it should have reduced ttk by 3, 5 and 7%, not 18%.

2. The anti-cheat was always easy to bypass because it didn't exist client sided.. At least now we have a client sided anti-cheat that's not a pile of doodoo. Can't comment on FF since it doesn't announce bans.

3. I'm bouncing off the 145fps limit with a few configs edits, on an 8yo old CPU. AMD's CPUs have low single thread performance compared to Intel's offerings of the same year. It's been this way since APB's been around. However, AMD's latest Ryzen CPUs should be able to achieve +120fps on a non software bloated PC. There's really not much more optimization LO can do to the current game that won't be a waste of development time. They allow modifying the configs for users who need to go full potato to play.

As for your other points:

UI scaling was suppose to be done by G1 but was abandoned (no further discussion in blog). Can't blame LO for it. I haven't had any glitching with the IR mod. Temptress was broken OP with it's 0.65 ttk and 47M range. The ttk nerf kind of makes it an n-tec with less range now. Swapping the IR mod to CJ or just make it an open slot would be better.  As for missions, they would need to rework the entire mission system. After that I feel you're looking for things to whine about.

• Like 2

i think they are making a positive impression with their attitude towards the betterment of APB, but then again G1 came out with the same stuff when they arrived (although they got out the rubber gloves and started milking this cash cow asap) anyone who changes a game to F2P clearly isnt doing it completely for the "love"

for LO it's already F2P, they probably got this Multi Million dollar game (11th most expensive game development ever...) for a pittance ... they also have or seem to have Legit reasons for doing it themselves (make their company more than just a franchise game studio)

if they pull it off successfully they earn massive kudos from everyone whoever played or complained about APB, which in turn boosts their credibility, which also directly effects any other game they develop or publish.

TL:DR - taking on APB and doing a G1 on it is essentially business Suicide, LO HAVE to make good of APB or declare it dead in a dignified way if they want to be a Success in the future.

i voted Yes, but more for the potential they represent and their attitude towards this mess that is APB and its community. 

• Like 2

ITT:

1) Whining that they aren't doing enough, or fast enough, or that they changed something that someone didn't like
2) Refuting the whining by pointing out what's been done
3) low-effort memes taking jabs at LO

For real though -- far better than g1, and i'd prefer changes that can always be reverted if they fail to no change at all. This game needs a mix up, or it's going to slowly peter off and die as we've all been expecting for so long now.

There's so many toxic violently pessimistic people who are upset that they're not getting EXACTLY what THEY want and getting it IMMEDIATELY though, that it can be hard to gauge exactly what the "state of the community" is, since most of us seem to be more or less in the "Meh, they're doing alright." club.  Most people are ALWAYS going to be relatively neutral, and only the loud vocal minority on the far reaches of either side are going to be heard. Believe it or not, most people choose to be positive, just either silently so or relatively neutrally so.

For the most part, what matters is that though LO hasn't always made perfect, great or even good changes, they're at least trying to change it up to make the game so much better than it currently is, into a much better game than the one that we know today...
... and even if it ends up still dead in the end, at least the last hurrah was one of trial, going down fighting, rather than simply petering out of existence unceremoniously with a horrible track record, only for the game to be remembered as mediocre at best, and bad at worst.

Edit: side note, they seem to be doing alright with the other G1 game too -- the few times I've actually gone over to the fallen earth forums being linked from here or browsing through the dev tracker, the people over there seem to be majorly more positive, and receiving LO's changes in a much better light.

Edited by Mightyena
  • Thanks 1

Acting like they give a **** is a good enough job, like for real, who expected Apb to be bought and not just shut down by the start of 2019?

• Like 1

I'm going to wait and see how things play out. So far the changes have been a mixed bag, leaning towards good. However it's the engine upgrade that'll make or break them. The rest of their changes are tiny by comparison.

On the bright side they seem to genuinely care. That's not something APB has had going for it since RTW. I mean the old dev team used to too, but they weren't allowed to do anything. The higher ups were just in it for ways to squeeze every last drop of cash from APB's lifeless corpse. That doesn't seem to be the case this time around.

1 LO made unlocked 17,000 accounts :    without asking honest players

2  LO closed the openness of banned accounts  now we don't know who our scammers are

3 LO made a new site and a new forum :  I have not yet figured out the site , but on the forum I'm not comfortable , I don't see any work of the moderators in addition to the bans , a lot of duplicate queries left unanswered .

4 LO made began to break the bags of things sold in the store Armas and sell them separately

5 LO  made a new sales system directly through the characters bypassing the auction : I don't see any creditworthy customers . therefore, the auction is for me a more reliable way to sell legendary weapons even if I take 25% of the sale .

6 LO  made have done two events - the game with the streamers on the server of the Citadel and the Event  Faceoff withMattScott  Play with Devs do over on Jericho 9/17 4pm PT  : in both cases, Luo faced problems, I can not consider them successful .

7 Lo made the rebalancing and test weapons : doubtful action, loss of the necessary working time, even if it was done with a plan for the future it could be made more interesting and attractive . example of 2016

1W74mmdTW0.jpg

8 Xan server transfer : the migration of characters was great . select server to transfer characters is questionable . 

9 LO  made a new spawning system for players  everything works fine .5 of 5

10 Maybe  LO  signed a contract to open an office in London . 

I'm not saying that  The command  LITTLE ORBIT does not work !  that was made by a team at the highest level and worthy of admiration .                  

Edited by Yood

18 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

1. Shotguns are more reliable while in hugging range, but less reliable at 10+ meters. I never felt shotguns were right in this game, and I don't see how they can be in a good place with only 100M of range to work with. The N-TEC has normal bloom now, making it more tap fire friendly but slightly less accurate spraying on the 3rd and 4th shot. Basically, this gives SMGs more purpose. I disagree with the IR mod firerate change. It affected too many preset weapons. I think it should have reduced ttk by 3, 5 and 7%, not 18%.

2. The anti-cheat was always easy to bypass because it didn't exist client sided.. At least now we have a client sided anti-cheat that's not a pile of doodoo. Can't comment on FF since it doesn't announce bans.

3. I'm bouncing off the 145fps limit with a few configs edits, on an 8yo old CPU. AMD's CPUs have low single thread performance compared to Intel's offerings of the same year. It's been this way since APB's been around. However, AMD's latest Ryzen CPUs should be able to achieve +120fps on a non software bloated PC. There's really not much more optimization LO can do to the current game that won't be a waste of development time. They allow modifying the configs for users who need to go full potato to play.

As for your other points:

UI scaling was suppose to be done by G1 but was abandoned (no further discussion in blog). Can't blame LO for it. I haven't had any glitching with the IR mod. Temptress was broken OP with it's 0.65 ttk and 47M range. The ttk nerf kind of makes it an n-tec with less range now. Swapping the IR mod to CJ or just make it an open slot would be better.  As for missions, they would need to rework the entire mission system. After that I feel you're looking for things to whine about.

hmmm and u say u dont achive lags i thinking why .... ( hmmmm ....??? )

CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz;

RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24;

GPU: GTX 1080
SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (games), 960 EVO (more games)

hmmmm im wonder why ....

im talking about some setups like 4-8 core 3.5GHz + some GPU similar to R9 270X dualX (4GB) + RAM 16GB 2400MHz and SSD drive (could be on PCIE)

this game is still broken for performance and stable play (after they include BE it become more laggy) like i tell somewhere 1-5 seconds spikes to 1-20 fps depends on magic happens
sometimes game just want to run at 50 fps no matter what ... (all caps turned off normally it runs at 100 fps ...)