ELECTRIC

Im back, and im sorry.

3 minutes ago, Shiggi said:

they believe him after he apologizes ? hahaha i cant believe it. So now i can buy a hack and cheat a little bit and apologize befor the patch come with battleeye and get my account after bann back ?

Judge: "He killed an innocent, tortured him for a week, and ended his life with 50 stabs. But like we were having troubles with our police department because they had not enough resources for over a year, there is not good evidence of any of that took place. Video is not enough to prove his brutal actions since everyone has access to special effects video editing nowdays, plus it was filmed with a potato camera. Eyewitnesses accuse people all the time, so they have no weight in their words.

We are lacking of uhm... personal, and he is back to society to take care of your childrens.

Everyone deserves second chances, don't be toxic and accept him back."

26 minutes ago, Panicbutton said:

As long as BattlEye is up and running BEFORE they unban everyone then it will be fine.

Yes indeed. The BattlEye will be up and running before unbans happen.

Just one thing to say, you were naive, got punished and all you can do now is start over.

So, start over.

Yeah you better be

5 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

oooh snap, you were also playing underage? that's against the ToS! the criminal charges keep stacking up

Ooiii i havent seen or heard from you in a while duud. hello.

this is fucking stupid, what about those that never cheated and got their games ruined throughout the years bacause of closet tryhards that took over 1 year to ban?

thats not how the world works.

you do something bad, you get punished and the punishment here was permanently losing your account. you cant just lift that and act like nothing happened.

i cannot give less f***ks about them being cheaters again or becoming a "grown" person but i'd much rather leave the 2% unfair bans than unban 98% of the cheaters.

i used to be one too , about 3 or 4 years ago , but i was tired of actually good people beating me without using any cheats . one day i stopped using cheats and started fresh .

i wanted to be proud of myself , tired of being dependent on a piece of code , be actually good only using my hands , so whatever game , whatever time , i would always be good no matter what, without being dependent on a software .

so yeah you can say i wanted to play legit taking my inspiration from edgelords and the known sentence "git gud" .

nowdays i don't use cheats anymore , im not good neither bad , but at least i can say "that's my playstyle that's how i am" .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guacamole said:

this is fucking stupid, what about those that never cheated and got their games ruined throughout the years bacause of closet tryhards that took over 1 year to ban?

thats not how the world works.

you do something bad, you get punished and the punishment here was permanently losing your account. you cant just lift that and act like nothing happened.

i cannot give less f***ks about them being cheaters again or becoming a "grown" person but i'd much rather leave the 2% unfair bans than unban 98% of the cheaters.

Again... there were improper bans.  Instead of going through years of Gamer's First garbage their going to get BattlEye and start fresh.  You really can't blame them for that decision.

Gamer's First screwed the pooch on bans, its why I quit playing all those years ago.  They kept talking about an anti-cheat and hardware bans and it never happened.  Very few companies can pull off their own anti-cheat and the wisdom of Little Orbit to realize this and come out of pocket for BattlEye says a lot. 

It is lame as hell to give cheaters a free pass and welcome them back, I agree.  I despise cheating in multiplayer FPS games worse than any other kind of cheating.  Its essentially saying 'my brain can't control my hand well enough so I'm going to cheat to make myself feel better about my brain's failure'.  However when you are dealing with years of critical failures by a company you just bought and you are trying to get a viable product out to your customers so they can enjoy it, the quickest way to get there is to not dwell on the past and move forward with a solid plan to stop it from happening again.

51 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Judge: "He killed an innocent, tortured him for a week, and ended his life with 50 stabs. But like we were having troubles with our police department because they had not enough resources for over a year, there is not good evidence of any of that took place. Video is not enough to prove his brutal actions since everyone has access to special effects video editing nowdays, plus it was filmed with a potato camera. Eyewitnesses accuse people all the time, so they have no weight in their words.

We are lacking of uhm... personal, and he is back to society to take care of your childrens.

Everyone deserves second chances, don't be toxic and accept him back."

Dude he cheated in a forgotten internet videogame, he didn't murder a guy. You can't equate a few hours of someone hacking for a giggle to cold-blooded killings. Second chances for hacking are a-ok and if Little Orbit didn't think they'd be able to catch people out again they'd just maintain the bans. If the people who come back decide to do it again, they'll be removed - or they'll just reroll a new account, which would've happened if the bans were maintained anyway.

4 minutes ago, Songbearer said:

Dude he cheated in a forgotten internet videogame, he didn't murder a guy. You can't equate a few hours of someone hacking for a giggle to cold-blooded killings. Second chances for hacking are a-ok and if Little Orbit didn't think they'd be able to catch people out again they'd just maintain the bans. If the people who come back decide to do it again, they'll be removed - or they'll just reroll a new account, which would've happened if the bans were maintained anyway.

For ones are important, for others not so much. For one killer a life has not much value... as a gamer i take cheating absolutly serious. Is not only from gamers side, some people make a living out of games, did you know about it?

Is not like we got a random cheater over a week and thats it, we get them all the time. And personaly since i started gaming online. They ruined most games i loved, and let them rot to a cancerous level.

"We are also releasing prisoners that been caught over that year because of the same reasons".

That feels really good.

oof my feels.

wb dude...now in the back of the line... there are 999 other players waiting for that unban lmfao

I have mixed feelings about it. While i truly understand the apologies made by him, it doesn't mean he didn't commit a serious offense against the game.

The reasonable here would be: we get you and your apologies, but your banned account shouldn't be given back to you. Let's take Ketog as a true example of second chances, he got banned for hacking, then re-rolled on another account to start clean from ground zero.

Some here are using the "GamersFirst made mistakes and wrongful bans blah blah" excuse, yeah they sure did a mess with FairFight, and that will need to be reviewed extensively throughout the next months by LO's team; but in this case that was not what happened: he admitted to have been banned due to legit hacking. If he gets unbanned, that would open a precedent to other "legit hackers" to come here, cry a river about getting banned and that "i was a teen" and get a free pass. We get the game was and still is at "a near death state", but a lot of players including myself, didn't get the desire to "oh its dying, let's hack boisss", we just stopped playing and kept following the forums for any new news.

That's my opinion, BUT it's good that you regret what you did. I hope LO's support team attend your request well, with fair judgement. :classic_happy:

Edited by Poperon

To reply to everyone in general, i really dont care about my account (i do have a second one, i did exactly that, i started again clean) BUT they are giving us a second chance, in my case i did what i did for 5 days, and i lost 100s of dollars on the game and 1000 hours. If im going to have a second chance im going to take it, i cant be sad for that...

I do feel bad for what i did, but it has been 3 years from that, the company was doing nothing to stop the hackers, now im another person and even without playing i followed this forum and was waiting for news, i wasnt expecting my account back, but if i do, its a goal for me and i think it dosnt affects you at all... if i hack again (in my case i can say that no, im not going to hack again, but i know maybe others may think different) ill get banned again, that is the idea of Battleye. Also i must add, i never paid for a hack, the one i used was free, i say this because someone said up there that "i pay again for a hack and i hack again".

In fact if hackers come back and hack again, they are going to be banned again, but those who learned the lesson (like me) are going to be good players again, and that helps to everyone, to the player base because its more people on the servers, to the company because its more users who can buy things (money), so its a win-win for everyone(unless this new system dosnt work as intended).

We could be forced to stay in the police station for 2 hours a week to pay for our crimes (in game) lol.

Edited by ELECTRIC

11 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

The issue is, there are too many past their second one, some even above 5 or 10.

just stay clean OP, not everyone is cheating and ever was, even if you meet a lot of them, but never let yourself get dragged to their levels.

that's not a second chance silly......that's well beyond the line 😛

11 hours ago, KurtKlops said:

I like this. He had no reason to come here and point fingers at himself 

There is no excuse for cheating. But the spirit LO created for the resurrection of APB is something special. Therefor, welcome back. Dot it right his time!

Agreed it's sincere and hopeful of someone becoming a better person.

Well, welcome back, it seems like a kind policy is paying off better than a restrict one, the people unfairly banned get what is rightfully theirs, you get a second chance and hopefully you'll be adding to the community now, and the ones that try to be a pain in the... will be banned before its noticeable (if BattleEye is that OP) 

2 hours ago, ELECTRIC said:

To reply to everyone in general, i really dont care about my account (i do have a second one, i did exactly that, i started again clean) BUT they are giving us a second chance, in my case i did what i did for 5 days, and i lost 100s of dollars on the game and 1000 hours. If im going to have a second chance im going to take it, i cant be sad for that...

I do feel bad for what i did, but it has been 3 years from that, the company was doing nothing to stop the hackers, now im another person and even without playing i followed this forum and was waiting for news, i wasnt expecting my account back, but if i do, its a goal for me and i think it dosnt affects you at all... if i hack again (in my case i can say that no, im not going to hack again, but i know maybe others may think different) ill get banned again, that is the idea of Battleye. Also i must add, i never paid for a hack, the one i used was free, i say this because someone said up there that "i pay again for a hack and i hack again".

In fact if hackers come back and hack again, they are going to be banned again, but those who learned the lesson (like me) are going to be good players again, and that helps to everyone, to the player base because its more people on the servers, to the company because its more users who can buy things (money), so its a win-win for everyone(unless this new system dosnt work as intended).

We could be forced to stay in the police station for 2 hours a week to pay for our crimes (in game) lol.

And thats a perfect example of why no cheater should be unbanned. You already rerolled, and probably multiaccounts to try cheats etcs.

5' and you are back on like if nothing ever happened... what a disgusting joke.

I just came to say, all good but I'm not sure that you are actually in that picture, I'm convinced those were Saitrox, soffcatt and me, I took these. Anyways, I know this guy, we have been playing back in 2013, maybe earlier, and I remember his ban, we were all shocked because he cheated.

I don't know, feels sad to see people regretting their actions you know, but it feels particularly sad when they say things like "I did it only after x years because of x reason" because when I look at them I just notice I never cheated in this game in my almost 7 years since I played for the first time.

From the perspective of a company handling their business, I can understand that probably the numbers they see are a clear signal that these cheaters are potential customers, so it is fair that they focus on heal that relation with their players, I'm not against that at all.

I welcome the decisions L.O. is announcing indeed, I welcome people who play video games to have second chances, going further indeed I think I would apply only temporary bans for everyone if I were handling something like this by my own, I'm convinced that giving a temp-ban on a cheater will make him regret, learn and try to return cleaner, specially after the shame of having his friends pointing fingers at him for that. A perma-ban only makes the cheater rage harder and return with the only will of destroying the game.

What I can't support are people's lies, if we can't prove a lie I'm okay with forgiving and forgetting, but if I have solid evidence that someone lied to me or to anyone else then I could forgive but never forget.

This guy wasn't lying anyways, I won't say he falls in that category because he never did.

But I can tell from such experiences from people who got tempted (hey, I even made a whole post in the past telling my story of how I used to cheat in a different game when I was younger) is that when someone takes such decisions is not exactly a smart choice, and there's where I can't tell if people like that will fall in the same mistake again eventually.

That's why I'm not worried for that kind of cheaters returning, they are more likely to cheat again maybe and if so then they'll get hammered in a blink, the ones that really worry me are these who are actually very smart and sneaky to hide that they cheat and that could actually manage to bypass BE and stick only to wallhacks while could be feeling also encouraged to keep doing it because they know who are the ones who also have been doing the same without getting caught yet.

PS: Send me a private message anytime you want if you feel it, is a shame that you cheated but kudos for being transparent here.

Spanish translation for Zeker:

Solo vine a decir, todo bien pero me parece que en esa foto no sos vos, me parece que esos eran Saitrox, soffcatt y yo, las saqué yo esas. Como sea, lo conozco, estuvimos jugando por allá en 2013, quizás antes, y recuerdo el ban, quedamos todos shockeados porque había usado cheats.

No sé, se siente triste ver alguien que se arrepiente de sus acciones, pero se siente particularmente triste cuando dicen cosas como "lo hice sólo despues de x años por x razón" porque cuando los veo me doy cuenta que yo nunca use cheats en este juego en mis casi 7 años desde que jugue por primera vez.

Desde la perspectiva de una compañía manejando su negocio, puedo entender que probablemente los números que ellos ven son una clara señal de que esos cheaters son clientes potenciales, así que es justo que se enfoquen en sanar esa relación con los jugadores, no me opongo a eso para nada.

Lo que no puedo apoyar son las mentiras de la gente, si no se puede probar está bien perdonar y olvidar, pero si tengo evidencia sólida de que alguien me mintió a mí o a alguien más podría perdonar, pero nunca olvidar.

Este chico no mentía, no voy a decir que entra en esa categoría porque nunca lo hizo. Pero puedo decir de este tipo de experiencias de gente que se tentó (ey, inclusive yo hice un post entero en el pasado contando mi historia de como solía usar cheats en otro juego cuando era más joven) es que cuando alguien toma una decisión así no es exactamente una decisión inteligente, y ahí es donde no puedo decir si esa gente va a cometer el mismo error al menos que hayan aprendido bien.

Por eso es que no me preocupo por esa clase de cheaters regresando, son más propensos a usar cheats de nuevo quizás y van a ser borrados en un parpadeo, los que realmente me preocupan son esos que de hecho son inteligentes y muy escurridizos para esconder que usan cheats y que podrían de hecho lograr saltear el BE y apegarse a usar sólo wallhacks mientras se sentirían además alentados a seguir haciéndolo porque ellos saben además quienes son los que estuvieron haciendo lo mismo sin ser agarrados todavia.

PD: Escribime un privado cuando quieras si te pinta, una pena que chiteabas pero bien por dar la cara.

Anyways, are you sure guys that Matt Scott said "all the bans" will be lifted? Or only these where there is no evidence or FF flags?

I thought he said only the ones who were wrongly handled would return. But now I think from what @Ritual said that all the FF bans will be lifted. Clarification on this?

17 hours ago, Salvick said:

Anyways, are you sure guys that Matt Scott said "all the bans" will be lifted? Or only these where there is no evidence or FF flags?

I thought he said only the ones who were wrongly handled would return. But now I think from what @Ritual said that all the FF bans will be lifted. Clarification on this?

To respond to your question, what we know for now is that the bans related to FairFight and using third party tools will be lifted after the implementation of the BattlEye. As you probably know, FairFight was a flawed system, and in general, dealing with these things was not done properly. Being so, checking each and every ban issued on these grounds would take weeks at best. It is faster and more convenient to simply address all the bans with these tags and afterwards, let BattlEye do its job. Whether some other kinds of bans will be included in this, is currently unknown to me and I am not to speculate about those.

Thanks for clarifying here, very appreciated.

And yes, makes more sense, I'm okay with that besides the odd feelings and thoughts each of us as players could have.

You are welcome, and absolutely. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about it, but I am fairly sure that after the upgrade is done, it will be a healthy compromise between the two.  Anyway, even though related, this is a personal thread, so I'd like to leave a general ban policy discussion out of this so it doesn't derail the thread 🙂

Exactly what I almost say in my reply to youRitual, thank you.

So now back on-topic, welcome back Zeker (confirmed it seems), hope to see you around in this new grown and mature attitude you seems to have developed since the years we used to play together, besides our lately distance and minor argues about what you did, I never saw you the same way I used to be the real and harmful cheaters, I saw you more like a victim of those who makes other people fall into the temptation of cheating, either because the latter ones feel frustrated or because the former ones are encouraging everyone to do it by making others believe there are no consequences. No you know there are, learned the hard way, but life ain't easy either in virtual reality environments lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Little disclaimer update:

If someone around here reading our comments is thinking there's something wrong about my positive attitude about a guy who is openly admitting he cheated, I also have my doubts about trusting him as same as I'd do with anyone else in such situation and for the note, we weren't even "closer friends", but before I come here to antagonize with another player which would've be the easy way to react, I'm bringing my point of view of the experience I had with him and I'm particularly trying to avoid myself the stress and disappointment I really feel about having so many cheaters coming back despite of all our thoughts and past experiences with this kind of issues, but this is a taken decision already, so they'll be returning after the damage this game and the rest of us the players had to suffer because of them.

Anyways, since many people makes wrong decisions when they are still young, despite of our right to blame on people who fell into such felonies, we still need to understand there were people responsible for letting all of this happen.

And BE exists since 2005 though.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit 2 update:

While posting here also tried to reach him through PM to kindly exchange some words but he's been around a couple of times since the past ~24hs and didn't reply, so I feel like bringing here this observation I've made because I wouldn't like to regret the comments I made supporting him, but I've been refraining myself of telling any of the negative impressions I also have from him ingame and on this post, hope I am the one who is wrong and that the guy is not lying to us. Otherwise, BE Hammer will tell.

Regards,

Sal.

Edited by Salvick
Disclaimer update.