(PS4)Kino604

(Console) Will the purple pumpkins make sound this time around?

With some of the audio still missing in the console build (pedestrian voice lines, contact voice lines), the purple pumpkins around the district did not make any audio to help aid finding them last year. No sonar-like sound or laughing sounds came from them, which made it more difficult to pinpoint all of them.

Is there any chance this will be fixed for this year? Seeing as there hasn't been a patch on console for a long time, I'm assuming no. But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask/address the issue.

Also apologies for posting this is Social, but I didn't know where else to make this post since console doesn't have their own forums anymore.

• Like 5

I know its old. But, I play this game for several months then back to ARMA3 for a year then back to APB for a few months and so on. 

I would like to do the Pumpkin thing provided it has a worthwhile reward. 

Actually, I'm experiencing this with the final six pumpkins in Financial on pc NA server.

I've been to every inch of its suggested location, and the pumpkin is either utterly silent and so well hidden it can't be seen day or night...or it has glitched out completely. Support is still bogged down with old players who missed the email for the password change, and they prioritize Premium players, from memory.

Maybe this is the best place to post about it.

Tales of wasted hours and Silent Pumpkins.

6 minutes ago, MaxJedburgh said:

I've been to every inch of its suggested location, and the pumpkin is either utterly silent and so well hidden it can't be seen day or night

2 tips I can give you there, use grenades and look literally everywhere (even really high up)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MaxJedburgh said:

Actually, I'm experiencing this with the final six pumpkins in Financial on pc NA server.

I've been to every inch of its suggested location, and the pumpkin is either utterly silent and so well hidden it can't be seen day or night...or it has glitched out completely. Support is still bogged down with old players who missed the email for the password change, and they prioritize Premium players, from memory.

Maybe this is the best place to post about it.

Tales of wasted hours and Silent Pumpkins.

Some you can't physically be near. I've had pumpkins in the middle of water/outside the map, where you can shoot them but never be close enough to hear them.

• Like 1

At this point I'm glad my main character finished 'em last year. Number 6, if I couldn't be near it, was completely undetectable within visual range of the area. A pulse on the mini map would get around that.

But like I said I did have an option for Silence of the Pumpkins, on my main.

Glad it's over for another year! (Not that I actually dislike the event.)

; )

16 hours ago, wibsey said:

APB on console is still a thing?🤔

Yep. It is its own little community. Usually has 400-500 people online at late afternoon hours (on PS4 at least)

It would probably have a bigger population if the game was better optimized. If I had to guess, the average framerate is probably anywhere from 20-30, but with loads of hitches and spikes depending on what you're doing. Going into your inventory can sometimes freeze your game for a solid 6-10 seconds.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Kino604 said:

Yep. It is its own little community. Usually has 400-500 people online at late afternoon hours (on PS4 at least)

It would probably have a bigger population if the game was better optimized. If I had to guess, the average framerate is probably anywhere from 20-30, but with loads of hitches and spikes depending on what you're doing. Going into your inventory can sometimes freeze your game for a solid 6-10 seconds.

disgusting to say the least...

@MattScott help these guys out 😞