Akahi

Chat and Theme idea

Well not really new ideas but something I would like to see happen if possible. In Star Trek Online they have a chat option where you can shut off certain channels or mute them if you will. I know playing that game was much better with the district chat turned off and I think it would work pretty well here. At least for me I find the talk on district from distracting to just crappy (and that's me trying to be kind about it). If I just had the other channels on I would be totally fine with group, clan, and team chat on.

Second thing (and yes I have asked about this before) is the ability to lower the volume or mute some death themes. I won't get into the "heyheyheyhey " spam theme because that's been done to death. It's the one that sounds like that high pitch sound you hear just before they announce an Emergency Broadcast. They are of varying tones but the volume is turned up way too high. I'm just hearing it from my speakers but I don't even want to think about it with headphones on.

In closing I'll leave a tip, "never leave your headphones unattended with a Corgi that thinks it's a chew toy" I paid the price for that lol.

4 minutes ago, Kadama said:

Well not really new ideas but something I would like to see happen if possible. In Star Trek Online they have a chat option where you can shut off certain channels or mute them if you will. I know playing that game was much better with the district chat turned off and I think it would work pretty well here. At least for me I find the talk on district from distracting to just crappy (and that's me trying to be kind about it). If I just had the other channels on I would be totally fine with group, clan, and team chat on.

You can disable chat channels per chat tab. Press the home key to open the full chat and then in the tab you want (default will be the first one) hit the gear icon. You can set channels to show/not show there

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

You can disable chat channels per chat tab. Press the home key to open the full chat and then in the tab you want (default will be the first one) hit the gear icon. You can set channels to show/not show there

Awesome ! Thank you for that !  🙂 Ok so it's one suggestion then !

You can disable all but broadcast and ignore people with annoying death themes. They don't have anything interesting to say most of the time so you're not losing on anything

I've just deleted all the sample files and I can't hear death themes at all. Honestly I don't even see the reason to restore them as this is a nice, but still eventually annoying gimmick.

• Like 1

if you ignore a player you won't hear their death theme

There are alot of themes I do like hearing. One guy last night had a piece from Toto (Africa). I had to tell the guy that it made my night to hear a song from my past, even in death. Little did I know I would hear that song alot that night ! LOL   🙂

1 hour ago, Eisena said:

s-l300.jpg

Your name is just one vowel off..

props

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

"hear no themes" option when?

No way! you don't enjoy our beautiful themes....  pagan.

47 minutes ago, EMilika said:

No way! you don't enjoy our beautiful themes....  pagan.

"All themes are trash" -CookyPuss