MattScott

The plan to fix the lag

4 hours ago, FlavorJenni said:

It has to have been ages since I've last played, but I've never known you to even remotely fit any definition of "toxic".

I tend to adapt to my surroundings and sometimes I like to put the spaceship on autopilot. I'm mostly at the helm as of late. So maybe if you start coming back you could  see that dude you remember when you left. 🙂

Edited by iLowSec
just forgot soemthing :D

PRAISE THE MATT!

No seriously, good job. In just a week you did more than G1 did in years.

• Like 2

Matt,

I really appreciate the effort you're giving. APB was on its way out before you showed up. Now with your help you've nearly doubled the population.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! 😄

12 hours ago, MattScott said:

The new servers allow us to offload an instance here and there to help the servers perform better. But mostly we just need to keep pace with the growth.

if you need us to help test a new server setup out let us know

we are clearly here for Little Orbit just as Little Orbit is clearly here for us

and then there's some of us acting like little ' kids" wanting to help carry in the groceries 😄

great info

this quote made me chuckle.

14 hours ago, MattScott said:

I'm already sick and tired of talking about how DDOS mitigation causes lag. I never want that to be an excuse for laggy servers again.

thank you matt.

Can you guys bump player count to 100 while you're at it too? And when will district queues be implemented? Hopefully a queue that sends players across all districts, so we have several 60-100 pop districts rather than a few 100 pop and many sub 30 ones

19 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

Release the engine upgrade for the PC and the lag will be gone.

wow why didnt we think of that they can totally just rip off some code real quick and have the update out within an hour

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

wow why didnt we think of that they can totally just rip off some code real quick and have the update out within an hour

My best guess, spring of 2019. Considering the old team was lying to us all this time about working on it and i think for what 2 years, they haven't been doing anything for the PC side. i think matt said though it was 90% completed or something, couldn't quite quote him correctly. But my guess yea spring of 2019. I'm still hoping it shows up summer.

Edited by LAPDAlonso

3 minutes ago, LAPDAlonso said:

My best guess, spring of 2019. Considering the old team was lying to us all this time about working on it and i think for what 2 years, they haven't been doing anything for the PC side. i think matt said though it was 90% completed or something, couldn't quite quote him correctly. But my guess yea spring of 2019. I'm still hoping it shows up summer.

iirc theres only 2 systems left that arent completely migrated to 3.5, but they are "major systems"

ive got no eta because i know nothing about coding or the like

Well hopefully summer, who knows. This game is very boring , so i haven't been playing it  for the moment. Just enjoying other games. APB has a long road ahead of them. Hope things work out.

I see some very poor decision making happening lol, but overall i do hope they get the engine upgrade up and running for the PC and add a proper threat system so we can enjoy the game a bit more.

cheers.

Well, started to see old cheaters nicks and they come within the ddos.

Impossible to play, im teleporting everywhere and they still kill like nothing happens (you know, the perfect ttk with this infernal lag). This is completly absurd.

I hope matt is happy with unbanning them.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

1 minute ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Well, started to see old cheaters nicks and they come within the ddos.

Impossible to play, im teleporting everywhere and they still kill like nothing happens (you know, the perfect ttk with this infernal lag). This is completly absurd.

I hope matt is happy with unbanning them.

no one has been unbanned yet, seeing as we havent gotten battleye

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

no one has been unbanned yet, seeing as we havent gotten battleye

Then just replicate names. That code bar guy is back again.

2 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Then just replicate names. That code bar guy is back again.

more plausible, theres a million variations of the llllllllllllll name

especially with the font apb uses

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

more plausible, theres a million variations of the llllllllllllll name

especially with the font apb uses

Yeah ofc, "coincidences". How could i forget about them happening all the time.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

Thanks for your insight into the lag issues. Keep up great work.

16 hours ago, MattScott said:

• We have provisioned several new servers. The player concurrency has doubled since we took over, and we are expanding our ability to host districts and provide a smoother in-game experience.
  • We are altering our monitoring to not only determine whether servers are up, but also whether they care actively increasing their concurrent player count and other important metrics that let us know things are running correctly.

Thanks,
Matt

and i bet this is going to be tripled very soon. you guys keep it up the community is going to grow and sustain this game for a very long time.

This game needs to be shut down, and relaunched, when the issues across the board, have been resolved. This game cannot function in this state, and expecting the community to play, and support it in this state, is beyond insulting. Shut it down...fix it...relaunch it.

idk if we are playing on new server now but ever since today my ms went from 190ms back to 90....thank you matt if u did something