MattScott

The plan to fix the lag

Finally the servers are getting attention, obviously that was in need to be a top priority.

At this point even if you wouldn't do anything in-game I'd still like you guys. Must be the beard.

Edited by Spherii

I don't even have words to describe how nice all this communication feels. It almost makes be behave less toxic in game..."almost" 🙂

Isn't a DDOS attack a federal crime?  Can you pursue the scumbags who do it legally?

Thanks for the update and communication Matt. However, I am a little concerned you are always making your posts in the middle of the night. Are you getting enough sleep? Take care. 

• Like 2

I swear to god I'm dead and this is some weird patootie dream. Anyway thanks a lot sir.

I gotta say im impressed, I actually feel like that was the most honest post ive seen from managment in apb. You give me high hopes sir. Good or bad this guy and his team have our backs! #redy4comp

3 hours ago, sneekface said:

I really wonder who is behind the constant ddos and what the point of that is...

Probably another gaming company, or rock star trying to attack APB before it grows into a full popular game like fortnite. It's something in business that happens often, one business tries to get other business down with their cheap tactics.. give them 1 star ratings etc.

Thanks MattScott, we hope you bring BattlEYE Soon ^.^

i usualy get 80ms but ever since friday i am getting 180... im teleporting like crazy...i only have MS issue with apb... I was so pissed last time i opened APB was monday.
But reading this, makes me want to play today when i get home regardless of the lag, because Matt is communicating with us :')

#thankyoumatt

1 hour ago, EightPower said:

Probably another gaming company, or rock star trying to attack APB before it grows into a full popular game like fortnite. It's something in business that happens often, one business tries to get other business down with their cheap tactics.. give them 1 star ratings etc.

Thanks MattScott, we hope you bring BattlEYE Soon ^.^

and also...what if they know who ddosing but they cant sue? 🤔

3 hours ago, iLowSec said:

I don't even have words to describe how nice all this communication feels. It almost makes be behave less toxic in game..."almost" 🙂

It has to have been ages since I've last played, but I've never known you to even remotely fit any definition of "toxic".

Glad to see great communication, and top notch management.

Pretty sure everyone can agree that this is a healthier CEO, and co. for the game. Just look at Steam's measurement of the in game population:

http://steamcharts.com/app/113400#3m

DAl6tS4.jpg

In the past few days, we hit 1,700 players at peak. Which, prior to May, the peak player base on Steam was 600-800 players... So, more than double!

Wow, Matt is really taking control of this sh*t, isn't he?  Seeing LO's policy on transparency and communication in action are making me really happy that LO are the ones that took over.  It feels like someone actually cares for the game and community again and it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.  Especially seeing the amount of detail put into the explanation of how they plan to fix it.  G1 just used to say "We're on it"... Sometimes...

Purchasing premium was well worth it.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Wow, Matt is really taking control of this sh*t, isn't he?  Seeing LO's policy on transparency and communication in action are making me really happy that LO are the ones that took over.  It feels like someone actually cares for the game and community again and it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.  Especially seeing the amount of detail put into the explanation of how they plan to fix it.  G1 just used to say "We're on it"... Sometimes...

I can't help but be a little pissed about Gamer's First being so bad for so long now that someone capable is in charge.

6 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

Hello Matt,

nice to hear something specific.

Would you probably als post something about what the plans are for imporving server performance?

in the past G1 changed to those softlayer servers which were supposed to be soooo much better, but they never were any better at all.

heres the old blog and pics about performance stuff

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2015/02/new-apb-servers.html

Yeah, that was definitely a downgrade.  My ping actually went down after the change (likely due to servers being closer to me), but overall performance worsened.  And they had to reduce max district pop to 40/40

You guys must be spending arms and legs on this game at this point, and we haven't even had a game update yet.  Wild stuff.