MattScott

The plan to fix the lag

25 minutes ago, MattScott said:

-snio-

Matt, you're doing amazing. Thank you for the intense hard work you and your team put in.

"We have provisioned several new servers. The player concurrency has doubled since we took over, and we are expanding our ability to host districts and provide a smoother in-game experience." Could you elaborate what this means?

I hope you guys move from amazon cloud hosting cause it is not made for game servers.

Edited by hack

1 minute ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Matt, you're doing amazing. Thank you for the intense hard work you and your team put in.

"We have provisioned several new servers. The player concurrency has doubled since we took over, and we are expanding our ability to host districts and provide a smoother in-game experience." Could you elaborate what this means?

He elaborated for me, basically, the number of players on at one time has doubled since Little Orbit took the wheel, the new servers mean that they can offload instances to help with lag.

Source: https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/613-the-plan-to-fix-the-lag/?do=findComment&comment=8131

I'm really really digging the openness, but my poor brain is having major issues computing official communication on the official APB forum.

awkward-gif.gif

Keep it up though, I will do the cognitive catch-up in due time!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SiiG said:

Matt Scott his method of work and transparency is really admirable my cincers congratulations, It's good to see that someone is really striving and giving their best for improvements.

Agreed. This kind of solution-oriented outlook we've seen from Matt and the rest of LO is a great indicator that APB is in good hands now.

• Like 2

thanks dad

Watch with this one weird trick as MattScott beats the lag! DDoSers HATE him, find out why!

So much communication. 😋

I still think I'm dreaming.

Hey, this is tangentially related, but it's a question I've been sitting on for a long time. Will it ever be possible to get district servers in other countries such as Australia, but still be part of Jericho?

As you know, us players are an impatient bunch. Every time we have to play against cheaters we cant help but think "will they ever roll out the first patch?". Threads start to pop up from people doubting LO will get it done.

Thank you Mr. Scott for this kind of information. It shows LO is working on many fronts and that you are willing to give insight on a level, few Gaming companies have ever done. It reminds us that beside the mountain of work you have to get done, new things happen almost every day.

Please keep it up, best of luck and Greetings from Germany

Great communication so far!

mr scott, has anyone told you how frickin beautiful you are? 😍😍😍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Similarities said:

He elaborated for me, basically, the number of players on at one time has doubled since Little Orbit took the wheel, the new servers mean that they can offload instances to help with lag.

Source: https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/613-the-plan-to-fix-the-lag/?do=findComment&comment=8131

Thank you!

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

The new servers allow us to offload an instance here and there to help the servers perform better. But mostly we just need to keep pace with the growth.

Does that mean the previous servers were not able to?

1 minute ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Does that mean the previous servers were not able to?

Don't quote me on it, but I think he means that the previous servers were all filled up and the idea is to help spread out the load more evenly across servers to keep any single server from getting overloaded with players.

2 hours ago, MattScott said:
  •  I'm already sick and tired of talking about how DDOS mitigation causes lag.

I can imagine...
d4d2e5bee2.jpg

Hello Matt,

nice to hear something specific.

Would you probably als post something about what the plans are for imporving server performance?

in the past G1 changed to those softlayer servers which were supposed to be soooo much better, but they never were any better at all.

heres the old blog and pics about performance stuff

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2015/02/new-apb-servers.html

Edited by LilyV3

I really wonder who is behind the constant ddos and what the point of that is...

Edited by sneekface

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Simply put, the initial lag was out of our control, and we have been on mitigation ever since which creates lag, but we also messed up and made the situation worse over the weekend. Please accept my apologies. We're a little new a this.

There's no need to be sorry Matt, you're doing a great job shedding light on this community. 🙂 

Wow, isn't this basically what we've hoped for all this time? Solid communication? Keep it up!

I feel like we're going somewhere, finally. 👌