MattScott

The plan to fix the lag

1 hour ago, Akito said:

u r not my son

dad please

on second thought i am not your son

Edited by BXNNXD

it's sad how u still can't track the DDoS'ers. probably because the one DDoS'ing is connected to an onion vpn. And they are probably 15years old... smh

3 hours ago, Keshi said:

it's sad how u still can't track the DDoS'ers. probably because the one DDoS'ing is connected to an onion vpn. And they are probably 15years old... smh

They could, but it would cost big bucks to do so and LO just inherited a big mess. I dont think they have that kind of money.

31 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

They could, but it would cost big bucks to do so and LO just inherited a big mess. I dont think they have that kind of money.

exactly...and the amount of things u'd have to do in order to track someone using an encrypted SLOW TRAFFIC onion server is almost impossible if you are not ready to spit money into it

Not sure if it's implemented today or not, but servers right now are a bunch of lag xDD.

Also, with the new servers and all, isn't this going to effect the bronze server? I mean sometimes it's hard to get in, but then there is always that one server with like 10 people in it on both sides. So not much to go on. Was wondering what your plans are for that.

2 hours ago, SinArtie said:

Not sure if it's implemented today or not, but servers right now are a bunch of lag xDD.

Also, with the new servers and all, isn't this going to effect the bronze server? I mean sometimes it's hard to get in, but then there is always that one server with like 10 people in it on both sides. So not much to go on. Was wondering what your plans are for that.

I asked on baylan and no one answered... i have now 250ms (100+).

this servers works realy bad today :'D and its fckt up if you play in a good mission and then the server chrash and all people kicked out.

40 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:

this servers works realy bad today :'D and its fckt up if you play in a good mission and then the server chrash and all people kicked out.

Yup. Absolutely shitty. Hey Lixil, can you fill us with your knowledge? Or Matt? 

Now i'm curious, when was the last server restart? Forgive me if they did recently, just unsure.

4 hours ago, TackoGirl said:

Sounds like another DDOS

3 hours ago, SinArtie said:

Yup. Absolutely shitty. Hey Lixil, can you fill us with your knowledge? Or Matt? 

Now i'm curious, when was the last server restart? Forgive me if they did recently, just unsure.

The servers have been under DDOS attacks on an almost daily basis

Edited by Darkzero3802

5 hours ago, SinArtie said:

Probably on Tue during the patch

Yay for communication!

bDftK20.png

You guys dont know how appreciative we are about this. Sure everything is up in the air but it feels so good to know about the progress going on up in those offices.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Of course it would be nice to have more fixes such as weapon switch perma lag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MethLab said:

Yay for communication!

bDftK20.png

You guys dont know how appreciative we are about this. Sure everything is up in the air but it feels so good to know about the progress going on up in those offices.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Of course it would be nice to have more fixes such as weapon switch perma lag.

Everything in due time. They are working to fix all the problems but we need patience. Weve waited this long for nothing under G1 I think we can wait afew months under LO who is actually doing something.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

Lixil and several other team members were out all week with me at E3, so we have had limited ability to get on the forums. I'm sure you've noticed her responding at night mostly for the past couple of days.

The DDOS attacks seem to be ping ponging between Jericho and Citadel right now, which is irritating because we are forced to leave up mitigation nearly all the time. My original post was two weeks ago, and we're getting close to a solution now. I should be able to give an update soon.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 14
  • Thanks 12

15 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Lixil and several other team members were out all week with me at E3, so we have had limited ability to get on the forums. I'm sure you've noticed her responding at night mostly for the past couple of days.

The DDOS attacks seem to be ping ponging between Jericho and Citadel right now, which is irritating because we are forced to leave up mitigation nearly all the time. My original post was two weeks ago, and we're getting close to a solution now. I should be able to give an update soon.

Thanks,
Matt

This sounds good +1

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Matt

While I personally never felt or noticed any issues due to DDoS on Citadel, I still hope that you can get these new solutions put in place within a reasonable amount of time! DDoS has always plagued APB during the past couple of years and it would be a huge step to have these attacks finally sorted out.

Awesome to read, thanks for updating us and not leaving us in the dark. Transparency is the best policy! Even sometimes when you don't have good news to present, people want honesty and integrity and so far @MattScott you have not let this community down. I really hope to see more news and updates from the team. Appreciate all the hard work and long hours you guys pour into this.

Edited by SkilledOne

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Matt

Really looking forward about support update too!

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Matt

how was E3 my man? can't be all just business, do some vlog

The current mitigation is equally unplayable when you will randomly warp 10 meters in a random direction every one to three minutes, once again appreciate you guys breathing life into the game again but this needs to be top priority if you want to retain the playerbase that has recently tried to return.

• Like 1

Even with full schedule @Lixil didn't abandoned us. As part of the community, suddenly feel more important.

17 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Even with full schedule @Lixil didn't abandoned us. As part of the community, suddenly feel more important.

I would never abandon my community, you guys are the best! ^^ 

Also @SinArtie if you need me somewhere on the forums feel free to @ me. We were aware of the issues these days, we were also contacting IT. I just couldn't post the announcement regarding the problem. I do apologize for it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Lixil said:

I would never abandon my community, you guys are the best! ^^ 

Also @SinArtie if you need me somewhere on the forums feel free to @ me. We were aware of the issues these days, we were also contacting IT. I just couldn't post the announcement regarding the problem. I do apologize for it. 

We're not the best you just have to put up with everyone here 😛

3 minutes ago, Senpai said:

We're not the best you just have to put up with everyone here 😛

I'm not really 'putting up' with anything here 😄  

• Like 1