MattScott

The Growth of GamersFirst

I mean it's not like we started calling it $$$$$$First for no reason. :^)

Not sure if there is a topic that allready has this answered but is there a possibility we could get some insight into where the Engine Upgrade is now and what still needs to be done?

Edited by Fasalina

Just now, Fasalina said:

I mean it's not like we started calling it $$$$$$First for no reason. :^)

Not sure if there is a topic that allready has this answered but is there a possibility we could get some insight into where the Engine Upgrade is now and what still needs to be done?

scheduled for end of year if not delayed

Still GamerFirst

maybe a new logo ? plz ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MattScott said:

This is a work in progress, and we wont be able to make everyone happy.

But our heart is in the right place.

This is the most important line people need to understand

• Like 1

To me, Little Orbit was a retail publisher focused on kids games. but it's not really who we are any more.

That's ironic and kinda funny because the overwhelming majority of your game's player base is exactly that, underaged kids. lol

• Thanks 1

All of these titles have one thing in common - they needed a little rescuing somewhere along the way.

I have hand picked each member our little misfit family, and rest assured, we are just as committed to APB now as when we took over.

giphy.gif

Edited by KnifuWaifu
#feels

This is nice to hear, thanks Matt!  Though personally to me GamersFirst has a super negative stigma around it, I can understand why you don't want to re-brand it.  It's a good name to have if you actually hold up to it, which you have been doing exceptionally well since you took over.  You've improved the quality of life by a lot in APB even just by adding battle eye and the trading system alone.  

You might wanna smack that Reloaded Productions logo out of the intro video and throw Little Orbit in there though.  It would be cool to see you match the style with your logo!

This warmed up my cold heart a little bit.

5 hours ago, Seadee said:

@MattScott if you want a challenge, get Hanibat to sell the IP for Hellgate London.

I still have the box and disc for hellgate. What a game! That died way too early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BL0SS0M said:

I still have the box and disc for hellgate. What a game! That died way too early.

london2038(dot)com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Genobee said:

I'm just worried with how much bad blood there is between gamers and that name. It's got a very tumultuous past to put it kindly. I'd still imagine that'll make it harder to rope in anyone burned in the past. They won't want anything to do with that name most likely.

I don't know. Maybe it'll be fine. Maybe I'm worrying too much about it.

What do you know about gaming, Godzilla? You're a 300 foot tall fire breathing lizard. You can't even play on a keyboard 

Silly Kaiju

Also, I like the idea of Little Orbit being this "Second Chance" company.

There's something to be admired about a place that sees potential in something and works to try and make it reach said potential

Edited by ChellyBean
  • Like 2

Don't hate the game, hate the playa' *insert kappa*

LO deffinately sees some juicy soda in a pile of lemons.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:58 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I'm sure you've noticed the new GamersFirst.com site, and more changes are coming as we get the site where I want it to be.

We have also recently added Descent and Shards to the site.

We'll be adding Unsung Story and possibly one other in the near future.

I expect many of these titles wont be your cup of tea - and that's okay.

But I encourage you to be a good citizen and welcome these new players as they start to use the forums.

BTW - All of these titles have one thing in common - they needed a little rescuing somewhere along the way.

I have hand picked each member our little misfit family, and rest assured, we are just as committed to APB now as when we took over.

In fact, I'm going to be opening a couple topics on the forums soon to solicit player feedback on a couple things we're doing.

Moving forward, many people have asked me why we chose to keep the GamersFirst name.

Why not throw it away? Why not call it Little Orbit?

To me, Little Orbit was a retail publisher focused on kids games. We learned a tremendous amount from running that business, but it's not really who we are any more.

I like the name GamersFirst simply because of the company we want it to be -- a place where gamers come first.

That sounds sappy, and I realize that for many of you, the name means exactly the opposite. Even beyond anything in the past, we've gotten off to a bumpy start. If you feel like we have ignored your feedback so far or that screwed up an aspect of your game, then I sincerely apologize.

I appreciate your support,

Matt

This is the kind of communication that keeps me interested on seeing more progress for this game and the company, although I should mention that many times I showed this game to other people there was a bad reputation about "Gamersfirst" among a bunch of them, I honestly don't know why, didn't even know about that and took me some time to realize the negative association some people do with G1, but I guess eventually this will settle in a better standing as brand positioning...the good intentions and the effort put on make it happen are very appreciated, keep it up.

...why not call it "GamersOrbit" now?  ^__^

I just hope you don't run out of money and motivation before you might succeed with APB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I see an upsurge in positive feels. This is good.

The way i see it is that there are three camps of people:

1. People like us who know the background. Wanting to stick with Gamersfirst is fine. They want to actually make the name a true reflection of the company. Bravo. If we say 'noooo the association, I'll have nightmares!!!' Then we're just being silly because we know it's a different company.

2. People who are totally new and no zero background. They be like 'ooh a company that puts gamers first. Great!'

Then finally 3. The people who left the game a while back with a bad taste and have no idea there was a takeover. If they rediscover the game (see a youtube vid or something) in a few months time they'll just think nothing's changed and might pass it over. These are the people I'd be concerned about. 

There's a good million people who have liked the facebook page. That's a lot of people. Unfortunately the way Facebook page algorithms work these days I bet a massive percentage of that million have no idea anything has changed.

However, it all really comes down to how the game is run and what new features it gets. If it's all good then they could be called 'Crap First' and it wouldn't matter.

Will you be transparent about how the game's revenue is put to use?

I hate the reloaded name. To me, it will always be APB and RTW. A lot of my oldest/first and best memories of APB are when those two names were around.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 9:58 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I'm sure you've noticed the new GamersFirst.com site, and more changes are coming as we get the site where I want it to be.

We have also recently added Descent and Shards to the site.

We'll be adding Unsung Story and possibly one other in the near future.

I expect many of these titles wont be your cup of tea - and that's okay.

But I encourage you to be a good citizen and welcome these new players as they start to use the forums.

BTW - All of these titles have one thing in common - they needed a little rescuing somewhere along the way.

In fact, I'm going to be opening a couple topics on the forums soon to solicit player feedback on a couple things we're doing.

Moving forward, many people have asked me why we chose to keep the GamersFirst name.

Why not throw it away? Why not call it Little Orbit?

To me, Little Orbit was a retail publisher focused on kids games. We learned a tremendous amount from running that business, but it's not really who we are any more.

I like the name GamersFirst simply because of the company we want it to be -- a place where gamers come first.

That sounds sappy, and I realize that for many of you, the name means exactly the opposite. Even beyond anything in the past, we've gotten off to a bumpy start. If you feel like we have ignored your feedback so far or that screwed up an aspect of your game, then I sincerely apologize.

I appreciate your support,

Matt

Matt How about players first. Honestly though i think keeping the name is a REALLY bad idea for the growth of the game.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:57 PM, AsgerLund said:

This has a bit of an "animal shelter" feel to it. I'm quite sure APB is the scruffiest mutt of them all.

tumblr_laqgf0N6Br1qcftw3o1_500.gif

Too soon...

And who is chopping onions in here?

when-someone-tells-you-you-look-pretty.g

On 10/13/2018 at 1:22 PM, Eisena said:

Will you be transparent about how the game's revenue is put to use?

Are you implying the game makes money?

source.gif

Uh ... hello again?

Wow, I leave for a bit (*ahem*) and return to check on the Haloween event and find ... this?

Color me intrigued. New forums, new management, us ... new newness? I haven't even reinstalled the client yet. I was just here to poke about.

Is there a tl:dr on what's gone on here?

Oh my, and it seems we are starting from scratch? Not a huge deal. Just double checking.

• Thanks 1