MattScott

The Growth of GamersFirst

Hi everyone,

I'm sure you've noticed the new GamersFirst.com site, and more changes are coming as we get the site where I want it to be.

We have also recently added Descent and Shards to the site.

We'll be adding Unsung Story and possibly one other in the near future.

I expect many of these titles wont be your cup of tea - and that's okay.

But I encourage you to be a good citizen and welcome these new players as they start to use the forums.

BTW - All of these titles have one thing in common - they needed a little rescuing somewhere along the way.

I have hand picked each member our little misfit family, and rest assured, we are just as committed to APB now as when we took over.

In fact, I'm going to be opening a couple topics on the forums soon to solicit player feedback on a couple things we're doing.

Moving forward, many people have asked me why we chose to keep the GamersFirst name.

Why not throw it away? Why not call it Little Orbit?

To me, Little Orbit was a retail publisher focused on kids games. We learned a tremendous amount from running that business, but it's not really who we are any more.

I like the name GamersFirst simply because of the company we want it to be -- a place where gamers come first.

That sounds sappy, and I realize that for many of you, the name means exactly the opposite. Even beyond anything in the past, we've gotten off to a bumpy start. If you feel like we have ignored your feedback so far or that screwed up an aspect of your game, then I sincerely apologize.

This is a work in progress, and we wont be able to make everyone happy.

But our heart is in the right place.

I appreciate your support,

Matt

• Like 62
  • Thanks 11

im just along for the ride, hopefully its a good one

• Like 12

I'm with you on keeping the name Gamersfirst and basically fixing there past mistakes and truly making Gamer's First and Not GamersLast or MoneyFirst, I know there are a handful of people that think keeping the name is only going to hurt the company but as long you push the name out there along with that it was bought out i think it will get people to start looking at APB and others games you guys are publishing, So i wish Y'all good luck and hope this company flourishes. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MattScott said:

This is a work in progress, and we wont be able to make everyone happy.

But our heart is in the right place.

Just the mere fact that you guys have the resources to make actual changes is fresh air already tbh

all the best

• Like 3

were here with ya until the end Matt, good luck and god speed

• Like 2

i really hope gamersfirst is not as tarnished in everyones heads as it is for huge parts of the apb/fe community.

i still like apb and hope this ride will continue as a good one, the last few months definitely looked like it.

So I guess GamersOrbit is out of the question now. 

Dang it!

But no worries I will continue coming up with the most friendly lame responses on this forum as always. 😛 

30 minutes ago, MattScott said:

In fact, I'm going to be opening a couple topics on the forums soon to solicit player feedback on a couple things we're doing.

really looking forward to this.
I love it that you guys actually give a damn about this game and what the community says. can't say that about RP.

Also, so far you've done a great job. Battleye, the Trading System, de-bundling items, Friend System rework, critical bug fixes (fire hydrant "wallhack" + yukon fire rate for example), the upcoming new halloween event that is kinda "turf war-ish" and even weapon balance changes were huge accomplishments in my book, even though some people didn't like some of the balance changes. But please, don't let go from further tweaking weapons just because you had some backlash on the shotgun changes, you've learned your lesson.
There are still many guns that need to get tweaked a bit. (got a suggestion thread in my signature about that, check it out!)

gotta say, overall you've done quite a bit of good for APB in just 5 month.

good luck with all your other games! I'm actually interested in Descent, gonna check that out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm just worried with how much bad blood there is between gamers and that name. It's got a very tumultuous past to put it kindly. I'd still imagine that'll make it harder to rope in anyone burned in the past. They won't want anything to do with that name most likely.

I don't know. Maybe it'll be fine. Maybe I'm worrying too much about it.

Edited by Genobee

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GET OFF MY FORUM BOARD OUTSIDERS.

34 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Wonder when our Lord and saviour, Excalibur! will grace us with his wisdom...

enjoy the peace while you can

Preferably never.

Anyway, I'll be by your side until the very end of APB, maybe even further if you guys end up offering something in the future that I have an interest in.

1 hour ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Wonder when our Lord and saviour, Excalibur! will grace us with his wisdom...

enjoy the peace while you can

It serves nothing. They can pump it up as much as they want, balance will be as trash as allways.

Maybe its much better just to have your advice, having two primaries that cover each other needs is much better. So if you have a shotgun (you plumb cqc with it) a secondary buffed like act44 reduced ttk to 0.7 so you are able to kill at mid and long distance and improve its accuracy.

Edited by Excalibur!

This has a bit of an "animal shelter" feel to it. I'm quite sure APB is the scruffiest mutt of them all.

tumblr_laqgf0N6Br1qcftw3o1_500.gif

Edited by AsgerLund
  • Like 1

@MattScott Serious question: Would you be interested in attempting to rebirth a game with an already existing (but long displaced) playerbase? You'd make a couple thousand people very, very happy.

The game was shut down almost a decade ago because the publisher gave all new meaning to the term "mishandled" (like, even worse than Gamersfirst/Reloaded mishandled APB, if you can believe that). However, while it was live, it saw consistent large playerbase numbers and had one of the better communities I've seen in my gaming career. There's literally no other game like it (shares that quality with APB as well). Most have been playing on the JP servers since (the game is still very much alive and doing well there), but a new global server would likely bring them back.

in my opinion it's a really shitty move to keep using gamersfirst, just because of people associating it with the "old" g1

May God bless you and your team, and that you may be as huge as EA or Ubisoft some day (but with better attitude than these milking gaming factories heh)

Thanks for being upfront Matt! ❤️

• Like 2

No matter how bumpy it was , i am still much much more happier to have Little Orbit than GamersFirst, they were aids...

2 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

This has a bit of an "animal shelter" feel to it. I'm quite sure APB is the scruffiest mutt of them all.

tumblr_laqgf0N6Br1qcftw3o1_500.gif

Even scruffy mutts deserve some love.

Wherever we end up, I'm sure it'll be an interesting trip.

• Like 1

Can't even call you moneyfirst anymore, there really isn't anything new to spend money on 😛

Keep up the good work in saving our game!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

I like the name GamersFirst simply because of the company we want it to be -- a place where gamers come first.

then finally listen to half of the players who find the new mod "weapon" balance bad and find another solution. :classic_angry:

Or at least do a survey and listen to those who say that the new mod balance is not good ... apparently they read everything in the forums, can you take a position?

Nice.Btw i apologize 4 what i say about the space game - i was mad cause told apb is going nowhere.Still i think 40 bucks is too much 4 this game(must be at least 10 less)

47 minutes ago, Fenton said:

Even scruffy mutts deserve some love.

Wherever we end up, I'm sure it'll be an interesting trip.

The scruffiest mutts deserved the most love of all.

While my comment may have had a noir'ish feeling to it, my opinion is still as follows:

With old G1, we/APB were doomed.

With LO/G1:Reloaded, we/APB have a fighting chance.

• Like 2