Awesum

APB fan comic book

I am making a fan comic book using the bios from the contacts. I think it would be interesting because i'm sure a lot of the lore of this game is overlooked, so having a visual biography will be cool thing to make. Same way Overwatch has comics for the backstories of some the characters.

I definitely want to do a story on Tiptoe and her brothers. I read it and it's a solid and interesting story. I'm sure the other contacts have awesome backstories too. 

I plan on making it a very mature comic with blood, drugs, maybe partial nudity (idk if can or not lol), the works. Not gonna over do it of course it will be tasteful and only drawn if it helps the story.

This is my first time doing a comic book but I plan on making it highly professional. Something you could see in a comicbook store.

Let me know if there are any other contacts that you would like to see a backstory of. If anyone is a lore expert on this game and would like to make suggestions as to what characters/stories/lore that should be in the comic let me know ill consider all suggestions/critiques.

Ill update this thread will progress and such.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dbarrett_art

Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/xcillent

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Cover

d-antae-barrett-comic-cover.jpg?15434220

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the first character sheet of Tip Toe. Gonna work on the brothers but probably won't put as much time into those character sheets as I did this one to save time and actually work on the comic itself. Also, because these characters are customized heavily with tattoos/graphics ill have to cut out some of the designs to cut down on the amount of drawing. 

d-antae-barrett-tiptoe-character-sheet.j

d-antae-barrett-whut-character-sheet.jpg

Edited by Xcillent
  • Like 8

How about instead of making a null post about it you just do it and then post it after?

3849a453ac42acad1d30258bd8eb8b29.png

I drawn a small storyboard in this style
It's quite far from what you planned though

Edited by Ellix

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

How about instead of making a null post about it you just do it and then post it after?

Fair enough, ill get to work then

Whut's Design. Name will be Darius in the story. Got his nickname Whut because he loves his music and never wants to listen to anybody. When he has his headphones on don't try and talk to him. He will look at and just say "whut?" (if you have a better backstory for his name let me know lol)

d-antae-barrett-whut-character-sheet.jpg

• Like 2

Liking the art style liking the ambition, best of luck to you, pal. 

I think you should touch on Templeton next, he's like the tank the father role of Praetorians. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 3:04 AM, K3ith said:

Liking the art style liking the ambition, best of luck to you, pal. 

I think you should touch on Templeton next, he's like the tank the father role of Praetorians. 

Thanks, yeah I was thinking either him or devil dog for an enforcer story. Thanks for the suggestion

Really good art work, loving your direction, if you haven't, you should get in contact with some of the "lore experts" of apb to give you a helping hand.

13 hours ago, Nanometic said:

Really good art work, loving your direction, if you haven't, you should get in contact with some of the "lore experts" of apb to give you a helping hand.

I would love to. Where would i find these "lore experts" 

Iv only read TipToe's and Birth's Bio's all other contacts I still have to read. Im sure they would give a better insight of the city that is san paro

13 minutes ago, Xcillent said:

I would love to. Where would i find these "lore experts" 

Iv only read TipToe's and Birth's Bio's all other contacts I still have to read. Im sure they would give a better insight of the city that is san paro

IIRC  @Word2 is pretty well versed in APB lore or would probably know someone to talk to.

• Like 1

Here's the Comic book for the Fan comic. Took about a week to finish. Tell me what you think.

Edited by Xcillent
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Xcillent said:

Here's the Comic book for the Fan comic. Took about a week to finish. Tell me what you think.

d-antae-barrett-comic-cover.jpg?15434204

It's not working (the link) also update the first post so the cover image is working these what you looking for

With Logo's

Without.

d-antae-barrett-comic-cover-no-title.jpg

Look's amazing dude can't wait till we get into the story (some anecdotes each contact has that's pretty interesting tiptoe and gang I know the least about.)

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 3

Makes it cooler that you're using assets from the game (the screens). If I had to do it I would draw them but this way it feels better.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 9:38 AM, _chain said:

Makes it cooler that you're using assets from the game (the screens). If I had to do it I would draw them but this way it feels better.

Yeah I was trying to figure out if I would draw it or not but figured it would take to long to make it feel and look right. This cover already took like a week lol

Would love to see a story about Wilson LeBoyce, arguably the best character ever.

Just an update.

Still going to be working on this, just have been doing personal drawings and research for comic book design. I might even redo the cover as I get better everyday and I already feel I can make a better cover. But anyways thanks for the support you guys I definitely want to bring this comic to life. 

• Like 1

Was looking for something else entirely, but this post popped up among the search results. Some pretty awesum stuff, pity the golden days of creative boom of APB are long gone.

• Like 1

Blood, blood, blood... and bits of sick. I ran the only way I knew how, by placing one leg in front of the other in quick succession. As I rounded the corner I felt muscular and compact, like corned beef.