Dear Little Orbit

Dear Little Orbit,

You're doing great.

Love,

Eisena

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChellyBean said:

You ask what LO has done in the last 5 months, somebody tells you what they've done in that time and you say it's nothing?

APB is a dusty, cobweb filled machine that's been neglected by the previous owners. LO has to go in, clean up the cobwebs, replace parts (some very major parts), get it working again, and then upgrade that machine to a newer version.

In five months, LO has made a lot of effort to clean up the mess left behind by Reloaded and yeah, progress is slow, but they're still working on it. 

Heck, that Halloween event they just announced is effectively bringing in territory control, something a TON of people have been requesting for years. Is that still not good enough?

Just because we dont see new things every single day on LO's part doesnt mean that they're sitting in their office, leaning back and twiddling their thumbs, stalling. APB is a super complex game, running on a heavily modified Unreal Engine from like 2 generations ago by a company that no longer exists. It's really not surprising that things are taking so long. 

Im not brownnosing LO either. I've disagreed (heavily) with a few of their decisions, but the fact is that they're trying. 

Plus, the website upgrades WERE essential in their own right, because having a website that looks like its still from 2010 just looks awful. Presentation is key, especially when trying to rebrand a game that's got such a.... "Unique" reputation. Sure, it could have been put off until later, but LO even openly stated that it was a 3rd party who designed it for them.

Idk 

In the last five months, LO has done a lot. Not all of it objectively good, but still doing things. The fact that they chose to dust this game off is nothing short of a miracle. 

Plus, if everyone stops buying premium, the game is making no money. A business is all about making money, and the ugly truth is that if APB stops bringing in cash, LO has no incentive to keep spending money to maintain and improve it. Why would they?

Idk

This all sounds pretty entitled to me

But keeping g1 names its okay.... but watchout a new page will do the trick on everyone eyes!!!

In resumen another "lo has made what g1 didnt in years" post, what fresh.

I don't think you understand how online game development works.

How money flows through the company is all back end.  Not a single game developer was taken off task to do this.

The team working on the engine update is a different one from the team working on back end.

So what it looks like to me is that the internal road map had this project on it.  The guys running the server stuff are working on this while they wait for testing to complete on server.

This did not impact the development cycle because it was a "mean-time" project that gets done when you wait.

This is actually a good sign because it means the team that's working on back end is doing their job efficiently.  This is a good sign.

As for weapon balance and things of that nature, that's an entirely separate team as well.  So while you're complaining that they're not getting things done that qe asked for, it appears they're getting it done and then some.

4 minutes ago, BaronSaturday said:

I don't think you understand how online game development works.

How money flows through the company is all back end.  Not a single game developer was taken off task to do this.

The team working on the engine update is a different one from the team working on back end.

So what it looks like to me is that the internal road map had this project on it.  The guys running the server stuff are working on this while they wait for testing to complete on server.

This did not impact the development cycle because it was a "mean-time" project that gets done when you wait.

This is actually a good sign because it means the team that's working on back end is doing their job efficiently.  This is a good sign.

As for weapon balance and things of that nature, that's an entirely separate team as well.  So while you're complaining that they're not getting things done that qe asked for, it appears they're getting it done and then some.

Quick word of advice: it's not gonna get through

i honestly dont think they can add anything more to the current mess of code without fucking up the game even more...

hence why the focus is on everything else damn near besides adding content currently.

Yeah but it doesn't matter they didn't look at possible changes. Altough marketing could simply panicked that premium sales would drop too much if they would remove bonus cooldowns

On 10/10/2018 at 8:01 PM, ShadowXS said:

Not many people are currently buying premium for the sole fact that it's not a worthy investment for them with a game as volatile as this

i have a problem with that statement of yours.

too many threads how people want premium cool downs for themselves for free for everybody. premium  clearly benefits for many reasons.

On 10/11/2018 at 1:02 AM, EMilika said:

Again you elitist snobs in dead NA , try to dictate how we all need to play.

its an American game and Jericho had enough on last night to fill 4 to 5 districts counting social.

And fyi if you don't like our NA game then why are you here again?

Little Orbit just released a post on a new update id say that's good progress especially with how much was done in 5 months.

45 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

i have a problem with that statement of yours.

too many threads how people want premium cool downs for themselves for free for everybody. premium  clearly benefits for many reasons.

that’s only one benefit, and one that will possibly go away depending on how orbit listens to the community 

38 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

its an American game and Jericho had enough on last night to fill 4 to 5 districts counting social.

And fyi if you don't like our NA game then why are you here again?

jericho has maybe 5-7 hours of peak playtime for golds, before and after that districts start to empty out or become too unbalanced towards one faction 

I looked at the changes and...

MEH

Even after the changes, it's triple-A money for some borderline P2W and fashion.

And we're seriously lacking in the fashion department.

Bring in some more fashion and take away the cooldown and reduce %rates of cash/standings (or increase the baseline while keeping premium ones at current sums) and if people aren't still paying, insert more fashion stuff.

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

that’s only one benefit, and one that will possibly go away depending on how orbit listens to the community 

so i have to state the rest?

fiiiiiiiinee geez make me work

Take your game to the next level! Pony up to premium and get the following benefits in-game:

Up to a 90% bonus to all Contact Standing (XP) gains!

125% bonus to all APB$ (in-game currency) gains!

20% discount in the Armas Marketplace!

50% reduced cooldown on activated abilities!

Advanced access to customization suites (up to 100 layers)!

Extended duration for free Armas trials!

there premium benefits mr semantics 😛 lol

2 hours ago, Chinook said:

P2W

not pay to win 😛

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 7:44 PM, ChellyBean said:

Still always relevant, apparentlyGQvJ5RX.png

THIS

@ShadowXS Stop effing complaining about getting conveniences. If you don't like the feature, don't use it. I didn't even read through your whole post because I know exactly what I'm going to see. Endless, pointless complaining and nothing useful to say.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

so i have to state the rest?

fiiiiiiiinee geez make me work

Take your game to the next level! Pony up to premium and get the following benefits in-game:

Up to a 90% bonus to all Contact Standing (XP) gains!

125% bonus to all APB$ (in-game currency) gains!

20% discount in the Armas Marketplace!

50% reduced cooldown on activated abilities!

Advanced access to customization suites (up to 100 layers)!

Extended duration for free Armas trials!

there premium benefits mr semantics 😛 lol

not pay to win 😛

That would get me to go for 6 months Premium ! I would love if they add more slots for your character for outfits instead of just 5.

Great stunt to busy up some people. Saw some great Left and Right performance, but a lot of 'grey area' people still get shunned in to one side or the other.
Everyone has already brought this point - Patience.
There will always be something to complain or praise about.

What I think of the game Overall - 
It'd be difficult and taxing to create/fix something that is broken and is even getting support dropped from(engine). Going over to 3.5 would give a chance to tackle internal game issues. Everyone's seen the Add 1+, break -2 theme going in APB, so everyone should understand that this is not some modern-day title with modern-day knowledge applied in programming. This leads me to believe that it'd be difficult to add things currently requested by the community and simply carry on with moving over to updated Unreal engines. The harm then is that there's nowhere to go from there whilst they/we wait, so instead LO has used this spacious time to upgrade other parts and look for general improvement.
The website will help in the long-run, when everyone is familiar whilst the game is put on a newer engine.
The changes now can still be applied to the future, but some changes may be too much in the current field and state of the game. Seriously, I envy the guts to take this challenge that is the mess of APB and FE.
(This is how I see it)

OP has a lot of time to be replying in such paragraphs or he prioritised This over other things.

The shortest way I could say this is - Relax and wait.
You are too invested in the argument and will not succeed with the point you are trying to make. Everyone can see for themselves and judge what LO is doing. Some, unfortunately, sometimes get miss-informed and still argue, but most could agree that you need patience.

super tiring to come back daily and each new topic is bitching about asinine bullshoot. like, do you really think anyone is gonna take your wall of text seriously?

"Hmmm, yes, this forum rager is 100% right, let's do exactly as they say. Because this totally isn't an unrestrained, spur-of-the-emotion post from a narcissistic, ungrateful dude on the internet."

add it to the pile meme needs to be revamped for stuff like this.

I see the topic of the question !ShadowXS : the APB Reloaded  it's the adult version of the uncle , we can go triple identification for proof of age .we have money, we are tired after work and sat down for an hour or two to play . I don't want to play against gold and clan players in the bronze districts .

Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 1:48 AM, MattScott said:

I can appreciate the OP’s frustrations. We are not perfect, but I do read the forums, and we do our best.

For the record:

- this was requested by players

- it was already implemented for Fallen Earth, so it took very little effort to just standardize the code for APB

- we are working on 2FA

Thanks,

Matt

For real though the whole money earned should be upped for regular people and premium should just earn a bit more money and for premium, there should not be any extra standing with contacts. I agree with op on some points but I see where you're coming from too but I feel like without premium all you are able to do is buy ammo and spawn your car and then when you get premium you have so much money left over you don't know what to do with it. Also the extra points for contacts I feel like that's bullshoot it shouldn't be that way and this is coming from a person that buys premium.

They should of done this from the beginning, this is a great idea.

Sign in to follow this