Sign in to follow this  
ShadowXS

Dear Little Orbit

Literally no one asked for this... I feel like LO ignore everything the "community" wants and suggests for this game, well, whatever is left of it now anyway - and introduces features that were never asked for. I actually don't think this was ever suggested EVEN ONCE by ANYONE, because no one is that stupid nor lazy to need this type of service for a game with a population this low.

And yeah, it bugs me that this game is dying at a faster rate than when under the tyranny of old-G1, and despite the entire thread being full of community feedback on what they think premium should be for, and what it SHOULDN'T be for (Pay-To-Winability for example), nothing will be done about it. But then instead you waste resources and time researching how to contract subscription services from third-parties for an in-game premium service, something absolutely no one requested, instead of focusing on what we actually want.

How about you actually give suggestions a look, thinking that by ignoring them they will go away. What will, and is, going away, is the players who are tired of being ignored. The time spent researching and implementing some crap third-party subscription service that no one will use, you could have instead spent LO's resources researching and implementing a 2-factor authentication system with Google to better safeguard the accounts of your GOD DAMN PLAYER BASE.

For goodness sake, every SINGLE private World of Warcraft server that i have ever played on, HAS A 2-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM IN PLACE WITH GOOGLE on both their website and in-game. A bunch of 15 year old amateurs in their moms basements can do it (actually accurate description of WoW Private Server devs/admins), but you're here busy trying to milk an already dried-out cow instead.

"Tired of manually re-upping every month by hand?"

Said no one, ever.

EDIT:

And the worst part, after reading back through my post, is i see that i come off as aggressive in my post, when i am not even angry. I am just, simply put; disappointed, as is the majority of this community. The game is dying, it is clear as day that there is a major decline, decreasing every week. You're on path of declining below the numbers old-G1 was averaging in terms of player-base and everyone already knows what a shit-show old-G1 was. And it's all because you are ignoring your player base.

If this was something you did in your free time, then whatever, thanks i guess, but this is legit what LO does during their paid work hours. This is how they are managing their resources. I just can't comprehend the logic and it frustrates me, because I see obvious avenues through which you could fix issues that have lingered around since as early as 2011, the methods you can implement to bring back players, to give them a reason to return, and instead you're doing the opposite.

You bring out this subscription-service as if you think people aren't buying premium because they're tired of having to rebuy it every month, yes.. having to click about 5 things to get premium is so daunting, that must surely be the reason why people aren't buying premium anymore - or you know, because they can see this game being shut down by March 2019 due to having 50 players during peak hours, and having wasted their money into something they can no longer access - a wasted investment. At this point, after old-G1, everyone can see through it.

Fix your damn product before expecting people to be attracted by business schemes aimed at making you money. Invest your resources into re-branding and marketing your product for when the new engine update releases. 

It's that simple. You know how many games simply re-brand themselves under a new name and re-market with trailers, referral-link reward systems, and so forth?

And when i say invest your resources into X instead of Y, i'm not saying put people who only know how to do Y job into X job. Obviously that's not going to work. I'm saying personnel working on job Y are clearly a waste of your resources, bin it, bin them, and hire someone to work on X. And don't tell me that's harsh when you're willing to milk this player base and treat it like it's a business rather than a community, making decision based solely on monetary gain rather than the betterment of the game - so don't even try to come at me with "how dare you suggest LO fire someone".

They want to treat this like a business so they can survive having to shut down by March 2019, by treating us like clients, then it's time they start treating their own personnel like a business rather than friends. Hire someone who is competent in understanding the communities suggestions, valid ones, and being able to research and implement them. Because everything you have done with this game aside from the Trade System has been utterly useless, a complete waste of your resources, and has not been requested by ANYONE.

Transfer the salary across, and boom. Resources re-managed. And get a god damn marketing adviser, since you clearly don't want to listen to your community who are giving you the suggestion to re-brand yourselves away from Gamersfirst, a name that is looked upon negatively by anyone who has ever played this game, re-brand APB into something more attractive to consumers, easier to comprehend off-the-bat, when you launch the new Engine, and re-market the game - Youtube is literally a free platform for marketing, you have a player base willing to make you the content for free, edit your videos for free, upload them on your behalf upon your approval, for free, and you do not take advantage of that. Why?

Because if you think the release of the engine upgrade is what is going to save this sinking ship... then i have really bad news for you. Week 1 you'll hit an all-time high since taking over from old-G1 because everyone will want to check out the new engine upgrade, week 2 you'll be at an all time low once the Christmas period is over because people will realise that nothing has actually changed other than some lighting effects, time to go back to school/college/work - and no one is going to waste their free time playing this game after having waited 6+ months for nothing to have changed other than some brighter lampposts and an increase of about 4 FPS.

And then you'll be right on course to shut down your servers by March 2019. Keep ignoring us 👍

Edited by ShadowXS
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Just now, xertioN said:

Tell me how you really feel lmao

Productive response. This is what is left of the APB community now, congratulations LO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the great thing about having a website development team is that different members can work on different things simultaneously 

• Like 4

Just now, BXNNXD said:

the great thing about having a website development team is that different members can work on different things simultaneously 

5 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

And when i say invest your resources into X instead of Y, i'm not saying put people who only know how to do Y job into X job. Obviously that's not going to work. I'm saying personnel working on job Y are clearly a waste of your resources, bin it, bin them, and hire someone to work on X. And don't tell me that's harsh when you're willing to milk this player base and treat it like it's a business rather than a community, making decision based solely on monetary gain rather than the betterment of the game - so don't even try to come at me with "how dare you suggest LO fire someone".

They want to treat this like a business so they can survive having to shut down by March 2019, by treating us like clients, then it's time they start treating their own personnel like a business rather than friends. Hire someone who is competent in understanding the communities suggestions, valid ones, and being able to research and implement them. Because everything you have done with this game aside from the Trade System has been utterly useless, a complete waste of your resources, and has not been requested by ANYONE.

Marketing and selling Premium helps them fund the future development of the game. In my PoV you're just clearly overreacting, the Engine upgrade can only do so much and I rather have a hand full of devs working on it rather than the complete mess that we had many years ago when it came to updates because nothing was organized properly and things were pushed without being tested due to it.

What they're doing is allowing passionate players that want to support the game in the long term to buy premium at a reduced price which is something other games such as World of Warcraft do aswell.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

they need money to keep the servers running and to pay the employees, useless topic.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Marketing and selling Premium helps them fund the future development of the game. In my PoV you're just clearly overreacting, the Engine upgrade can only do so much and I rather have a hand full of devs working on it rather than what we had many years ago which was a complete mess when it came to updates because nothing was organized properly and things were pushed without being tested due to it.

What they're doing is allowing passionate players that want to support the game in the long term to buy premium at a reduced price which is something other games such as World of Warcraft do aswell.

13 minutes ago, Caio Sparkz said:

they need money to keep the servers running and to pay the employees, useless topic.

Not many people are currently buying premium for the sole fact that it's not a worthy investment for them with a game as volatile as this. Changing the pricing slightly and offering long-term subscriptions is not going to change that.

They came into this game with a pot, an investment if you will, money to be able to fund the servers, game, staff for X amount of time. They don't need premium to survive and it's an insult to expect to get funds from players whilst offering nothing to them in return other than promises and "future plans". Does not matter how ambitious you are. This is the reason Early Access and GoFundMe projects are full of scammers, and they get away with it. People buy a product before the product is even made, then the developers take that money and decide that, actually, it's cheaper to do X and Y, rather than Z, so they can pocket more money for themselves rather than invest it into the production and creation of their product.

This happens everyday and people still buy into Early Access and GoFundMe's like morons. If they want us to help fund them, then they should start listening to us and implement suggestions that we are requesting, valid suggestions. To quote my own post;

33 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

How about you actually give suggestions a look, thinking that by ignoring them they will go away. What will, and is, going away, is the players who are tired of being ignored. The time spent researching and implementing some crap third-party subscription service that no one will use, you could have instead spent LO's resources researching and implementing a 2-factor authentication system with Google to better safeguard the accounts of your GOD DAMN PLAYER BASE.

For goodness sake, every SINGLE private World of Warcraft server that i have ever played on, HAS A 2-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM IN PLACE WITH GOOGLE on both their website and in-game. A bunch of 15 year old amateurs in their moms basements can do it (actually accurate description of WoW Private Server devs/admins), but you're here busy trying to milk an already dried-out cow instead.

"Tired of manually re-upping every month by hand?"

Said no one, ever.

It's so easy to implement 2-factor authentication that even Private World of Warcraft servers that are ran by children can implement it. It has been requested COUNTLESS times on the forums. All requests and suggestions for a 2-factor authentication system have gone ignored and it has yet to be implemented.

I would agree that i am over-reacting, were it not for the fact that numbers speak the loudest of all, and the numbers - i can assure you - are at an all-time-low, because resources are being mis-managed and things that are not needed nor requested are being worked on.

Edited by ShadowXS
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

you seem to be asking for linear development: do this, then this, then this, finish with this, move on to that

yet at the same time you warn about the engine upgrade alone not being enough to save the game, which leaves me a little confused

also every game developer treats the player base as a business, how many have the ceo of the company on the forums posting every week?

9 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

Because everything you have done with this game aside from the Trade System has been utterly useless, a complete waste of your resources, and has not been requested by ANYONE.

battleye

fairfight tweaks

netcode tweaks

hitreg tweaks

ignore list extender standardized

friend request changes

g1c price reduction

armas sale

off the top of my head things ive seen people ask g1 for 

1 minute ago, ShadowXS said:

All requests and suggestions for a 2-factor authentication system have gone ignored

this is just untrue, despite your protests otherwise you're overreacting

• Like 3

Kinda feel bad you took time out of your day to write this paper. Unless you work at LO you have no idea what money/numbers they have. To make accusations as if you really know what's happening is ignorant on your part :classic_dry:

Just now, BXNNXD said:

battleye

An already bypassable anti-cheat.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

fairfight tweaks

An anti-cheat method that isn't even implemented in the game because they have not yet tweaked anything.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

netcode tweaks

The game runs like crap, lags EVERY DAY without fail, they can tweak all they want, but it hasn't fixed anything, we're just lucky that the DDOS'r got bored, due to the lack of players to bother.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

hitreg tweaks

As i said, they can "tweak" all they want, still broken, worse than before. I also note how you HAVE to use the word tweak instead of fix, because even you are aware it's not fixed. Nothing is.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

ignore list extender standardized

Wow, they managed to give you an ignore list extender, a feature that already existed in the game, but for free this time. Just wow. It's almost like they are on course to give you a friends list extender too.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

friend request changes

Pointless. Adds no value to the game.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

g1c price reduction

Aka a marketing plea to get some quick money. A discount on turd, is still too expensive. And a wasted investment when i won't be able to access my purchased digital content in a few months from now when the game gets shut down.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

armas sale

Same as above.

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

this is just untrue, despite your protests otherwise you're overreacting

RE: 2-factor authentication

Right, that's why 15 year old kids who manage Private World of Warcraft servers with a higher population than this game can implement 2-factor authentication with Google both on their website and in-game, but LO can't, 4 months after acquisition and countless requests/suggestion posts later. But they have the time to implement and contract a third-party company to process your transactions for money, for their in-game currency.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

An already bypassable anti-cheat.

An anti-cheat method that isn't even implemented in the game because they have not yet tweaked anything.

The game runs like crap, lags EVERY DAY without fail, they can tweak all they want, but it hasn't fixed anything, we're just lucky that the DDOS'r got bored, due to the lack of players to bother.

As i said, they can "tweak" all they want, still broken, worse than before. I also note how you HAVE to use the word tweak instead of fix, because even you are aware it's not fixed. Nothing is.

Wow, they managed to give you an ignore list extender, a feature that already existed in the game, but for free this time. Just wow. It's almost like they are on course to give you a friends list extender too.

Pointless. Adds no value to the game.

Aka a marketing plea to get some quick money. A discount on turd, is still too expensive. And a wasted investment when i won't be able to access my purchased digital content in a few months from now when the game gets shut down.

Same as above.

as much as we could hyperfocus on the subjectivity of how good or bad these additions are, the point was to highlight your exaggerated (and false) claim

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

as much as we could hyperfocus on the subjectivity of how good or bad these additions are, the point was to highlight your exaggerated (and false) claim

You're standing on a platform as thin as your ability to hide that you're not an LO white knight.

I am hitting you with a reality that you're not willing to accept, that a lack of re-branding, re-marketing, and re-managing of resources - essentially giving this game the attention, revamp, and community-catered care that it needs, is going to result in the prompt death of this game. You can counter-claim that my claims are false, go on, be the hero Lixil needs, my guy, but just remember March 2019. When the new quarter comes around, and the game drops off for good, i guess then we'll know who was exaggerating. 

Furthermore, you can counter-claim all you want, but the numbers don't lie. Any game-based business understands that people translates to money. And this game is going down faster than it'll ever get back up. And that's fact whether you want to deny it or not.

EDIT (in addition..):

The need to focus on getting and retaining the players before expecting the money to come in. So why invest resources into methods of getting money when there's no players to get the money from. They are doing everything backwards. And companies that do things backwards; money first, product later - tend to end up turning into unfinished projects, un-achievable promises, and scams. So your typical Early Access or GoFundMe project.

Edited by ShadowXS

1 minute ago, ShadowXS said:

You're standing on a platform as thin as your ability to hide that you're not an LO white knight.

I am hitting you with a reality that you're not willing to accept, that a lack of re-branding, re-marketing, and re-managing of resources - essentially giving this game the attention, revamp, and community-catered care that it needs, is going to result in the prompt death of this game. You can counter-claim that my claims are false, go on, be the hero Lixil needs, my guy, but just remember March 2019. When the new quarter comes around, and the game drops off for good, i guess then we'll know who was exaggerating. 

Furthermore, you can counter-claim all you want, but the numbers don't lie. Any game-based business understands that people translates to money. And this game is going down faster than it'll ever get back up. And that's fact whether you want to deny it or not.

pointing out super exaggerated opinions presented as "facts" and just flat out incorrect info is white knighting, good talk my guy ill be sure to remember that

i dont even completely disagree with your main "little orbit is making some major mistakes" point, you're just presenting it like a moron lol

• Like 5

I think it'd be a very bad move to fire all the people doing the web development, yes it's a different area, but it's a different area that resources need, no matter how big or small, skeleton crew or not, the web side of things needs to be tended to by SOMEBODY. I understand that you understand that X cannot go to Y and vice versa, so why should Y be removed if there's a legitimate use for them, no matter how big or small?

Edited by Similarities

12 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

pointing out super exaggerated opinions presented as "facts" and just flat out incorrect info is white knighting, good talk my guy ill be sure to remember that

i dont even completely disagree with your main "little orbit is making some major mistakes" point, you're just presenting it like a moron lol

Looking at the numbers isn't an opinion. You are literally in denial. I am telling you the player base numbers are at an all-time-low, players translate to money in a game-based business, and it's on a quick decline because the community are tired of nothing changing and their valid suggestions being ignored, and instead having resources working on things that were never needed nor requested, and sometimes go as far as breaking the game further.

So, if the player numbers are down, and declining at an alarming rate, you can be sure that their player-funding is also going to increasingly drop. So why waste their resources on acquiring other methods of obtaining money from players, when there are no players to obtain money from. How about creating methods of retaining players and bringing them back first. As i said, they are working backwards. And companies that do things backwards; money first, product later - tend to end up turning into unfinished projects, un-achievable promises, and scams. So your typical Early Access or GoFundMe project.

Insulting me won't change anything.

10 minutes ago, Similarities said:

I think it'd be a very bad move to hire all the people doing the web development, yes it's a different area, but it's a different area that resources need, no matter how big or small, skeleton crew or not, the web side of things needs to be tended to by SOMEBODY. I understand that you understand that X cannot go to Y and vice versa, so why should Y be removed if there's a legitimate use for them, no matter how big or small?

Because unfortunately, the numbers are declining at an alarming rate. Player base is at an all-time-low, declining rapidly, and they need to make drastic changes. If someone's effectiveness and utilisation in the company is minimal, then they need to be replaced with someone who can do the "big" things, to provide a future platform for the "small" things.

I would appreciate if you read my response to the other guy in this same post. It explains why working backwards makes no sense. They are implementing features that are of no use at this point. And in wasting resources they are funding someone to do peanuts when they could be transferring that salary to someone who could be of more use to the company, now that they need it the most.

Edited by ShadowXS

5 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

I would appreciate if you read my response to the other guy in this same post. It explains why working backwards makes no sense. They are implementing features that are of no use at this point.

I understand what you're saying, but someone must exist to keep up the website, what if they find a problem in their code

/database that exposes user data? What if a zero-day is discovered in one of the plugins they use? Things like that are incredibly serious and need to be handled by SOMEONE, you need to prepare for the future to some amount, you can't live your life working on day-to-day problems and then be met with a serious one that you can't handle because you don't have the right people on hand, and a dev team always needs to have the right people on hand at a moment's notice. Zero-day exploit patching, securing customer payment data, problems with payment providers, these are all things that need to be handled in a timely manner.

What if suddenly ARMAS went down because of payment issues? You know the ones I'm talking about. What would they do? They have no web devs, they have nobody to fix it, nobody to look into it. What if an API becomes obsolete and replaced by something else? Nobody to dev the sites, nobody to update the APIs.

They need to prepare for the future, web development is an ever-changing field, and they need SOMEONE to be able to maintain the sites. (ARMAS, forums, homepage, etc)

You can't just fire Y to hire X because then Y's job will not be done, X can't do Y's job. Y could do Y's job but Y is no longer here.

Edited by Similarities

1 minute ago, Similarities said:

I understand what you're saying, but someone must exist to keep up the website, what if they find a problem in their code

/database that exposes user data? What if a zero-day is discovered in one of the plugins they use? Things like that are incredibly serious and need to be handled by SOMEONE, you need to prepare for the future to some amount, you can't live your life working on day-to-day problems and then be met with a serious one that you can't handle because you don't have the right people on hand, and a dev team always needs to have the right people on hand at a moment's notice. Zero-day exploit patching, securing customer payment data, problems with payment providers, these are all things that need to be handled in a timely manner.

What if suddenly ARMAS went down because of payment issues? You know the ones I'm talking about. What would they do? They have no web devs, they have nobody to fix it, nobody to look into it. What if an API becomes obsolete and replaced by something else? Nobody to dev the sites, nobody to update the APIs.

They need to prepare for the future, web development is an ever-changing field, and they need SOMEONE to be able to maintain the sites. (ARMAS, forums, homepage, etc)

Firstly, i appreciate that you're applying logic to your point, so i completely understand what you're saying. 

And i appreciate that you understand what I'm saying but then here's the issue; what use is there in having 5 people, let's say, to manage the ticket system when the game is shutting down due to a lack of players to fund the game?

Now the developers lose their jobs, the web dev team lose their jobs, the other customer support assistants lose their jobs - all because they weren't willing to sacrifice their less-needed personnel for what is vitally needed NOW. Wasting resources into researching and implementing other payment methods and subscription services that no one requested. Why? That team, whoever wasted their time on that, are better off taking a read on the forums and writing down valid suggestions for other teams to work on, something ANYONE is capable of doing, no field experience needed. There are hundreds of threads full of valid suggestions that they could begin to research.

Take our community manager for example. She is useless, sorry to say it, but it has to be said. It's harsh but only if you look at it on a personal level. On a professional level, as far as i'm aware, she hasn't pushed for any of our many valid suggestions - in fact, no one who works directly with forum interaction acknowledges 90% of suggestions made. One of the main reasons for this games demise and declining player base is because of a lack of community interaction or implementation/acknowledgement of valid suggestions being made. The player feel ignored, they feel like this is the same as old-G1, 4 months post-acquisition and nothing has changed other than a Trade System implementation.

(Refer to this post for everything LO has "worked" on that has yet to come to fruition: https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/6110-dear-little-orbit/?do=findComment&comment=73930)

Everyone got excited when LO took the reigns for APB, but the hype has died down because nothing has actually been done if you really think about it. At this point it's all promises and unfinished work, so i find it an absolute joke that their "Premium" changes don't include adjusting the Pay-To-Win aspect of Premium such as the cooldowns on utility items being shorter for Premium Users, which is actually a P2W feature, but instead the "changes" focus on introducing an auto-subscription system - something that no one asked for nor needed. Go check the thread in question, everyone in the comments is requesting the utility cooldown change. It will get 0 acknowledgement from our Community Manager, zero. You know what will get attention though? Anything that's related to tempting players to purchase premium, despite there being less and less people playing everyday, this less and less people to even buy premium to begin with.

I use 2-factor authentication as a prime example because it is a perfect example of something that has been requested countless times by a good amount of the community, a feature that benefits everyone involved, safeguarding their own player-base's accounts with a secondary authentication process. A feature that, as stated earlier, 15 year old kids, complete amateurs, who run their own Private World of Warcraft servers, have implemented into their websites and in-game launchers. Yet 4 months post-acquisition and we are yet to see any progress on it.

They are working backwards, and at this rate, looking at the numbers, this game is going to the shitter. Were the player-base a stock, everyone would have already sold by now.

23 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

Looking at the numbers isn't an opinion. You are literally in denial.

ive never mentioned "the numbers" because they are in fact, facts, and i agree that little orbit is hemorrhaging players in part because of shitty development decisions

you seem to have mistaken my input on some wrong info as some crusade to prove orbit is the new sliced bread - in reality i just think mixing bad opinions and incorrect statements takes away from your message

Just now, BXNNXD said:

ive never mentioned "the numbers" because they are in fact, facts, and i agree that little orbit is hemorrhaging players in part because of shitty development decisions

you seem to have mistaken my input on some wrong info as some crusade to prove orbit is the new sliced bread - in reality i just think mixing bad opinions and incorrect statements takes away from your message

Fair enough, i apologise then. I am used to having LO banana-riders responding as soon as anyone takes an objective and un-biased look at what exactly they are doing, so I do apologise in that regard.

Perhaps I am exaggerating, who knows, but I am seeing a trend in online-based games lately, shutting down due to a lack of player activity because the company managing said games are stubborn and don't take player suggestions or input on-board.

Wildstar being the latest example. They released as a subscription-only game despite being told they would fail if they didn't go F2P. Six months later they were forced to go F2P due to a staggeringly low number of subscribers. The game got hyped up for a while, another 6 months later they were struggling to retain players. The remaining players later suggested easing the difficulty of the games PvE content to be more attractive to casual players, to boost the population for those who aren't as hardcore, the refused once again, a few months later they reduced the difficulty of all PvE based content, but by then it was too late. Now they're shutting down permanently. And i see the same course for APB.

Not taking on-board your player bases suggestions, especially highly requested and valid ones (i'm not talking about being a slave to your player-base, but actually beneficial and valid input being ignored, is insulting), is the worst thing you can do for a game that isn't mainstream popular. People will move on to another game, it's a saturated market and there isn't anything that doesn't already exist. They need to understand that the player is king, and if the community are making reasonable requests, it is in their favour to acknowledge those requests at the very least. The entire suggestions section is where threads go to be ignored and die. The worst part of the entire forum. I don't even bother making suggestions there because it's a dead zone.

Once again however, i apologise. I do think perhaps i misconstrued some of your points, and i also apologise for calling you an LO white knight. 

Ok the problem with this post is, you don't work at Little Orbit, you can only make suggestions from the outside looking in. Everything you said is the cliche "easier said then done"

All you had to say was "I don't agree with this update I suggest they prioritize bigger more meaningful updates instead" and go on with your day.

All this "the game is dying" "fix your shitty game" stuff doesn't help anyone and has been said hundreds of times.

Sure you can look at steam population stats or can't play a game during the day because of low population. 

But let's be honest here this game is 8 years old. And developer support dropped years ago. The only people who play the game are real fans of the game.

Little orbit is trying their best to revive an 8 year old computer game and since they've taking over they made weapons balances, server stability, a new weapon, trading systems, and now a holiday day event. Just because YOU don't like all the updates, that doesn't make them invalid

At the end of the day this shit takes time, and the remarks on using/wasting resources, money they have, and money they are receiving you shouldn't have any opinions on because, again, you don't work at Little Orbit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xcillent said:

Ok the problem with this post is, you don't work at Little Orbit, you can only make suggestions from the outside looking in. Everything you said is the cliche "easier said then done"

All you had to say was "I don't agree with this update I suggest they prioritize bigger more meaningful updates instead" and go on with your day.

All this "the game is dying" "fix your shitty game" stuff doesn't help anyone and has been said hundreds of times.

Sure you can look at steam population stats or can't play a game during the day because of low population. 

But let's be honest here this game is 8 years old. And developer support dropped years ago. The only people who play the game are real fans of the game.

Little orbit is trying their best to revive an 8 year old computer game and since they've taking over they made weapons balances, server stability, a new weapon, trading systems, and now a holiday day event. Just because YOU don't like all the updates, that doesn't make them invalid

At the end of the day this shit takes time, and the remarks on using/wasting resources, money they have, and money they are receiving you shouldn't have any opinions on because, again, you don't work at Little Orbit.

Yet another useless post by Xcillent. I see your other post didn't get any attention so you switched up your approach. I can tell you're ready to shit post when you quote me on something I've never said, such as "fix your shitty game". So I'm going to go ahead and ignore all your posts. Thanks for your wonderful input however, misquoting me. You definitely got me there.

1 hour ago, Xcillent said:

Kinda feel bad you took time out of your day to write this paper. Unless you work at LO you have no idea what money/numbers they have. To make accusations as if you really know what's happening is ignorant on your part :classic_dry:

Anyone can see player numbers in-game and on steam charts. And anyone with an IQ above 30 can comprehend that in the gaming business; player numbers translate to money, offline, online, mmo, rpg, whatever. A game depends on players to translate into money. You don't need to work for LO to have a functioning brain.

2 hours ago, ShadowXS said:

~snip~

Actually we as a community did ask for this.

Quite a few of us who do want premium said it would be good so that we don't have to hassle with it as much.

its fine tbh, im not gonna say i dont enjoy arguing 

32 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

And i see the same course for APB.

i think it might be too early to tell, the only things i remember having significant pushback from the community was the unbans and the ir3 changes

wildstar was flat out ignoring stuff, but the way i see it orbit has to decide whether a feature is worth working on before the engine upgrade or not, and orbit is still releasing content (along with the prem sub change, we got info on new events and a new game mode)

32 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

Not taking on-board your player bases suggestions, especially highly requested and valid ones (i'm not talking about being a slave to your player-base, but actually beneficial and valid input being ignored, is insulting), is the worst thing you can do for a game that isn't mainstream popular. People will move on to another game, it's a saturated market and there isn't anything that doesn't already exist. They need to understand that the player is king, and if the community are making reasonable requests, it is in their favour to acknowledge those requests at the very least. The entire suggestions section is where threads go to be ignored and die. The worst part of the entire forum. I don't even bother making suggestions there because it's a dead zone.

same issue of content now or (hopefully) better game later

not sure how suggestions should be handled tbh since hiring an extraneous person just to run around and ask other staff for answers seems to go against your original post, as does having the ceo or a dev answering suggestions instead of doing whatever their jobs are

this problem has already been pointed out 

22 minutes ago, ShadowXS said:

Yet another useless post by Xcillent. I see your other post didn't get any attention so you switched up your approach. I can tell you're ready to shit post when you quote me on something I've never said, such as "fix your shitty game". So I'm going to go ahead and ignore all your posts. Thanks for your wonderful input however, misquoting me. You definitely got me there.

O man I misquoted. "You definitely got me there"  you're right my first post didn't make sense so I tried to more clearly explain my point in a another post, but because I don't have a functioning brain or high iq like the person complaining in the forums of an 8 year old "dying" game. I'll just leave this thread alone and watch 

Edited by Xcillent

Sign in to follow this