Jump to content
Lixil

Premium changes!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Similarities said:

Lowering the cooldown for premium players is legitimately p2w in a sense, yes it's unlikely to win you the mission, but it can definitely change how a mission plays out. I'm all for it boys, girls, and other.

 

7 hours ago, Yeedman said:

not removing the cooldown?

damnit guys

 

7 hours ago, PrincessTwilight said:

I agree, remove the cool down perk of premium, and make the old premium cool down times the standard for all players.

The cool down perk has always been a bit on the P2W side of things. would love to see it removed.

If you remove this theres really no other incentive in the long run to buy premium unless you're an artist, they'd be losing out on cash. What i would like to see instead is a 'pause premium' option tho. 

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, K3i said:

 

 

If you remove this theres really no other incentive in the long run to buy premium unless you're an artist, they'd be losing out on cash. What i would like to see instead is a 'pause premium' option tho. 

 

You're right, APB should be pay to win because otherwise they won't make as much money. Also, ironically they'd probably lose out on way more with a pause premium option than removing cooldowns buffs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding my voice to the ongoing list of people who are wondering why the premium cooldown reduction feature is still a thing. Everyone should have this by default, the current non-premium cooldowns are gamebreaking for free players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kewlin said:

 

You're right, APB should be pay to win because otherwise they won't make as much money. Also, ironically they'd probably lose out on way more with a pause premium option than removing cooldowns buffs.

 

I can really only speak for myself but I'd be much more inclined to purchase premium if I knew I could pause it at least once or twice a 30 day cycle. As it is now I would rather just not buy premium period as a lot get wastes due server instability, ddos attacks, and just outright nobody online at times. Also there are things like vacations and holidays etc, I'm not asking for the option to pause whenever you want, maybe once or twice per 30 day cycle. Not sure about you but I would rather have a customer that bought premium once every couple months or so than one that doesn't purchase it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who asked for this? I need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lixil said:

Tired of manually re-upping every month by hand?

 

Do not you have anything more important to do than that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

because we asked for this?

 

Did we?

 

Honestly never seen anyone ask for it.

Do people even buy premium? I thought everyone has 2-3k days from getting scammed by JMBs.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:

Console players get no love 😞

if it makes u feel any better. PC players been waiting on UE3.5 since 2012...

15 hours ago, PrincessTwilight said:

I agree, remove the cool down perk of premium, and make the old premium cool down times the standard for all players.

The cool down perk has always been a bit on the P2W side of things. would love to see it removed.

nah leave it. premium is cheap. support the game and buy premium so u dont have to worry about the CD

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prices are a bit steep....  Especially considering the state the game is in right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

although i believe free players need to get a grip and realise they are free players in a game where other people pay for it for them, i agree that the cooldown is essentially a pay to win feature, not hugely effective, because how often are you using these mods that the cooldown different is noticeable? but for the odd person who does notice the difference it would be game breaking for them.

Nice adding auto sub though, i could have done with this a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really hoping that you guys were gonna shorten the non-premium cooldowns to what they currently are for Premium players.  Removing the cooldown benefit altogether would be awful. The cool down for Nitro is ridiculous as-is.  So the free cooldown timer should be shortened to what it currently is for premium.  I'm not going to run out of premium until long after the game is gone because I've accumulated so much of it over the past 8 years from joker boxes, events, etc.  I think the last time I actually bought any premium was back in like 2012, but I know it's definitely rough not having it, and a big part of that is the extended cool downs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, K3i said:

 

 

If you remove this theres really no other incentive in the long run to buy premium unless you're an artist, they'd be losing out on cash. What i would like to see instead is a 'pause premium' option tho. 

What about the money and standing bonuses? Do those not exist anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TrinityFSB said:

Prices are a bit steep....  Especially considering the state the game is in right now. 

 

Kinda' agreed TBH. Given the choice between APB Premium at roughly $52 and resubscribing to PS Plus at $60, APB Premium really doesn't feel like it does enough for me, ATM and I barely use my PS4. Not to mention that even within APB I could get 2-3 guns account bound for the price of a year of premium, and that'll last as long as APB does.

 

 

2 hours ago, Seadee said:

although i believe free players need to get a grip and realise they are free players in a game where other people pay for it for them, i agree that the cooldown is essentially a pay to win feature, not hugely effective, because how often are you using these mods that the cooldown different is noticeable? but for the odd person who does notice the difference it would be game breaking for them.

Nice adding auto sub though, i could have done with this a few years ago.

 

You do realize that a lot of paying players don't have premium all the time, right? I've personally spent more on APB than any other game I've ever played, not that I've spent a ton compared to other people, and I can think of at least three friends of mine who've spent several thousand dollars on APB but currently do not have premium, and are not even considering buying premium unless something rather substantial happens to APB.

 

For me personally, whenever I have shorter cooldowns it's kinda' a guilty thing like running with the task item or spamming AAEPD.

Edited by Kewlin
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Snubnose said:

I hope premium will get a nerf (actually more like non-premium gets buffed)... not even kidding, the gap between non-premium and premium is huge...

not having premium robs you from all the great customization this game provides. I mean come on, 3 decals on a piece of clothing, 7 decals on a vehicle and 25 creating a symbol? that's just way too limited.
also, the XP and $$$ grind is a huge pain.

I'd suggest increase the decal limit to 25 for clothes and vehicles and 50 for symbols.

also, reduce the cash and XP gain gap. maybe give non-premium a 50% boost in both, while taking away these 50% from the 130% and 90% we already have, making it a +80% and +40% boost on cash and XP.
premium would stay the same that way, and non-premium wouldn't be such a huge pain.


EDIT:
lmao forgot about the cooldown on mods... remove that and make every mod have -50% cooldown in general, it's the only real "pay 2 win" aspect this game has right now...

 

this is a great explanation on how the premium works right now, and how it should work in the future.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got to love a society that created a entire generation that feels entitled to what every1 else has because you want it. the cd reduction is not game breaking or p2w its convenient but that's about it. 8 dollars a month is less then most of u spend on your daily coffee intake. seriously people nothing is free and making everything free will just mean the game shuts down to lack of income to keep servers up 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kurbstomp88 said:

got to love a society that created a entire generation that feels entitled to what every1 else has because you want it. the cd reduction is not game breaking or p2w its convenient but that's about it. 8 dollars a month is less then most of u spend on your daily coffee intake. seriously people nothing is free and making everything free will just mean the game shuts down to lack of income to keep servers up 

 

Does someone need to be entitled to want a game to be an even playing field? I don't understand how people can claim that reduced cooldowns are just convenience, how is it convenience to be able to have more grenades more easily, or repair your car more, or use jammer or spotter more? What about getting to objectives faster?

 

Would it be "convenience" if you could pay to have 50% of your shift ability's cooldown removed in Overwatch? No, and proposing such a thing is absurd. There's no difference really between that and giving players more access to ammo, repairs, jammer, spotter, meteor, or getting to objectives faster more often.

 

I've spent more on APB than any other game, I don't need to be told I'm cheap just because I want the game to be a level playing field. Nobody said we should make everything free like you said in your last sentence, we just want the game to be fair, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GhosT said:

 

Did we?

 

Honestly never seen anyone ask for it.

Do people even buy premium? I thought everyone has 2-3k days from getting scammed by JMBs.

random threads here and there people asked for it.

one of meany reasons its annoying to find stuff to point people to it.

its probably on the  cool down threads and premium. not sure though I just know its on the new forums for sure.

5 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

 

Does someone need to be entitled to want a game to be an even playing field? I don't understand how people can claim that reduced cooldowns are just convenience, how is it convenience to be able to have more grenades more easily, or repair your car more, or use jammer or spotter more? What about getting to objectives faster?

 

Would it be "convenience" if you could pay to have 50% of your shift ability's cooldown removed in Overwatch? No, and proposing such a thing is absurd. There's no difference really between that and giving players more access to ammo, repairs, jammer, spotter, meteor, or getting to objectives faster more often.

 

I've spent more on APB than any other game, I don't need to be told I'm cheap just because I want the game to be a level playing field. Nobody said we should make everything free like you said in your last sentence, we just want the game to be fair, lol.

My statement , not to argue with you , is to say that if someone needs to resupply every 2 minutes then they cant hit the broadside of a barn anyways.

They for sure need those cool downs from premium because of it.

If I really needed tons of grenades id drop a resupply box though.

As for premium itself it funds the game so I do not wish to weaken that or we cant keep the lights on. Has to come from somewhere and that takes a proper incentive. *shrugs*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

My statement , not to argue with you , is to say that if someone needs to resupply every 2 minutes then they cant hit the broadside of a barn anyways.

They for sure need those cool downs from premium because of it.

If I really needed tons of grenades id drop a resupply box though.

As for premium itself it funds the game so I do not wish to weaken that or we cant keep the lights on. Has to come from somewhere and that takes a proper incentive. *shrugs*

 

Lol, I didn't even say a ton of grenades, obviously if you're spamming you need to use a box, but if you're using, say, shields as your consumable, two grenades every two minutes is A LOT different than two grenades every four minutes when you're trying to hold an objective.

 

Plus, I'm pretty damned sure APB isn't going to go under purely because the fraction of players that buys premium just for cooldowns of the fraction of the playerbase that buys premium at all (and let's be honest, a lot of players who have premium got it from JMBs,) isn't buying premium. Honestly, out of everyone I've talked to over the entire time G1 ran APB, I don't think I've ever heard someone cite cooldowns as their reason for having premium, but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Keshi said:

if it makes u feel any better. PC players been waiting on UE3.5 since 2012...

nah leave it. premium is cheap. support the game and buy premium so u dont have to worry about the CD

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kewlin said:

~snip~

I was just being thorough on grenade spamming since someone eventually brings that up.

people buy premium for all the reasons they just don't talk about it.

Not like we all sit around fapping epeens just to talk about this right?

 

But we all know people like the benefits that come with premium.

It's also why some people who do not have premium hate those benefits because they don't have  it and don't want to support the game either. pretty selfish really...

not referring to people who are broke but the ones who are just not wanting to. Why I said some are selfish and not all....

 

Any funding cut will slow development of APB to being better. It doesn't happen on pixie dust and dreams *shrugs*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I was just being thorough on grenade spamming since someone eventually brings that up.

people buy premium for all the reasons they just don't talk about it.

Not like we all sit around fapping epeens just to talk about this right?

 

But we all know people like the benefits that come with premium.

It's also why some people who do not have premium hate those benefits because they don't have  it and don't want to support the game either. pretty selfish really...

not referring to people who are broke but the ones who are just not wanting to. Why I said some are selfish and not all....

 

Any funding cut will slow development of APB to being better. It doesn't happen on pixie dust and dreams *shrugs*

 

Stop repeating close minded meme assumptions please: disliking the gameplay benefit of premium has nothing to do with supporting the game or having premium or not, lol. I have plenty of friends who have spent a shit ton on this game, including for premium, and do not like the cooldown benefits. You know what else will slow down development? The fact that every newbie thinks this game is pay to win, and you know what helps fix that? Making the game not pay to win. Sure, premium doesn't give a huge advantage, but it is an advantage nonetheless, and that's unacceptable in a game if it wants to have any semblance of being fair competition.

 

Do you really want to gain an advantage in missions because you paid to? I have heard many people who've spent thousands on this game complain about the premium cooldown advantage, but I don't remember ever hearing a single person say that they liked that premium gave them better cooldowns than free players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

~snip~

It's not an assumption when they commented that to me in a reply on other threads on this new forum.

It said "some" in my reply because some did reply that to me in that fashion.

 

Many games have a premium benefit for a reason. And its available to anyone who chooses to get it. in doing so it supports those games.

Its how games  pay their bills whether you admit it or not the funding has to come from somewhere and premium benefits has always been a part of online gaming for that very reason.

Some people like tacos some prefer soup while some prefer meat and others are vegetarians. As long as someone buys something the markets can keep their doors open *shrugs*

it's the same way with any online game. some buy cars others buy clothes some buy weapons others buy premium in the end the doors can stay open because of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kewlin said:

You do realize that a lot of paying players don't have premium all the time, right? I've personally spent more on APB than any other game I've ever played, not that I've spent a ton compared to other people, and I can think of at least three friends of mine who've spent several thousand dollars on APB but currently do not have premium, and are not even considering buying premium unless something rather substantial happens to APB.

i fail to understand your aggression here, everything you wrote has literally nothing to do with anything i wrote... 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Seadee said:

although i believe free players need to get a grip and realise they are free players in a game where other people pay for it for them, i agree that the cooldown is essentially a pay to win feature, not hugely effective, because how often are you using these mods that the cooldown different is noticeable? but for the odd person who does notice the difference it would be game breaking for them.

Nice adding auto sub though, i could have done with this a few years ago.

Basically this. Aside of having your resupply mod for example, there are mailbox, carspawners and joker machine's almost everywhere if you want to change guns every minut or so
Premium is like 8 dollars, and i am not from the u.s. so USD's are more expensive for me and yet i've always bought premiums and stuff

"Like their content? Support them if you can"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 5:09 PM, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

oof

𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓮 𝓹𝓱𝓻𝓪𝓼𝓮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×