Lixil

Premium changes!

On 10/10/2018 at 11:15 PM, Deku said:

Will we ever get the option to pause our premium? I'd totally buy premium again if that were possible.  Maybe adding cooldowns to the amount of times you can pause it to prevent people pausing every single time they log off.

this.

20 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Stop repeating close minded meme assumptions please: disliking the gameplay benefit of premium has nothing to do with supporting the game or having premium or not, lol. I have plenty of friends who have spent a shit ton on this game, including for premium, and do not like the cooldown benefits. You know what else will slow down development? The fact that every newbie thinks this game is pay to win, and you know what helps fix that? Making the game not pay to win. Sure, premium doesn't give a huge advantage, but it is an advantage nonetheless, and that's unacceptable in a game if it wants to have any semblance of being fair competition.

Do you really want to gain an advantage in missions because you paid to? I have heard many people who've spent thousands on this game complain about the premium cooldown advantage, but I don't remember ever hearing a single person say that they liked that premium gave them better cooldowns than free players.

are u serious people crying this game is p2w don't even know what premium does because these are the same people that cry guns like the stiletto and strife are p2w because they lost to it. the only time premium is an advantage is if u run car det and park it on objectives but we both know any1 doing that is max rank gold/silver with thousands of hours playing against other high silver/golds. ive played years with out premi and it was nothing more then an inconvenience of not being able to nos every time I get in my car

25 minutes ago, kurbstomp88 said:

are u serious people crying this game is p2w don't even know what premium does because these are the same people that cry guns like the stiletto and strife are p2w because they lost to it. the only time premium is an advantage is if u run car det and park it on objectives but we both know any1 doing that is max rank gold/silver with thousands of hours playing against other high silver/golds. ive played years with out premi and it was nothing more then an inconvenience of not being able to nos every time I get in my car

The fact that you proposed remote det as the only benefit of premium displays your extreme ignorance in this area. . . seeming as remote det is the only activatable mod that doesn't gain a benefit from premium, since it has a 1s cooldown either way. Even if the cooldown reduced, what are you going to do, put a new car on the objective 0.5s after it blows up and blow it up again?

So. . . maybe you're the one who doesn't know what premium does? lol.

2 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

The fact that you proposed remote det as the only benefit of premium displays your extreme ignorance in this area. . . seeming as remote det is the only activatable mod that doesn't gain a benefit from premium, since it has a 1s cooldown either way. Even if the cooldown reduced, what are you going to do, put a new car on the objective 0.5s after it blows up and blow it up again?

So. . . maybe you're the one who doesn't know what premium does? lol.

or I don't use car det and even further proves that u don't gain a competitive edge for simply having premium 

1 hour ago, kurbstomp88 said:

or I don't use car det and even further proves that u don't gain a competitive edge for simply having premium 

except that with every other activatable mod (except banner) you do

less cd on blowtorch? running made even more easy

less cd on field supplier? switch weapon immediately to adapt to situations more often without wasting time by running to any machine or wasting a slot on your car

less cd on radar jammer? disturb enemy radar twice as often

less cd on spotter? get free wallhack twice as often

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

It would be nice if the Premium gets paused during server maintenance.

The removal of advantages for cool-downs for Premium members is beneficial, because it wouldn’t have such major influence on gameplay as it is now.

2 hours ago, neophobia said:

except that with every other activatable mod (except banner) you do

less cd on blowtorch? running made even more easy

less cd on field supplier? switch weapon immediately to adapt to situations more often without wasting time by running to any machine or wasting a slot on your car

less cd on radar jammer? disturb enemy radar twice as often

less cd on spotter? get free wallhack twice as often

Pretty much this. Although the CD's are a small advantage, It's still an advantage behind a paywall. That is unacceptable.

honestly sounds like a bunch of people that have no use for purchasing premium anymore because they don't need money or standing and just want the benefits with out having to pay for it 

• Thanks 1

Dude is so desperate to keep his slight P2W advantage, it's kinda pathetically sad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kurbstomp88 said:

honestly sounds like a bunch of people that have no use for purchasing premium anymore because they don't need money or standing and just want the benefits with out having to pay for it 

you go from "there are no advantages" (besides money and standing) to "people want the advantages for free" very quickly

also the classic "i have no arguments so i rely on allegations" 

rlk69sn.jpg

p2w shouldn't have a place in apb.

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

its not pay to win and you have a valid point I can repair my car every minute instead of every 2 minutes there is a very very minor advantage for premium but guess what having extra field resupply (really who the fuck that isn't a noob actually use these) or torch on a minute cd instead of 2. isn't going to be the difference between getting smashed on or smashing out the enemy. hell it wouldn't even determine individual combat with that player since the majority of your perks are used ooc. pay 2 win would be doing 30% extra dmg to player because I have premium or in old wow private server terms having 71 talents while every1 else has 41. 

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Dude is so desperate to keep his slight P2W advantage, it's kinda pathetically sad.

I actually don't even have premium right now soooo 

I see bronzes carrying osmaw all the time. repairing a car doesn't mean much under those circumstances *shrugs*

I gave a link to an actual definition of pay to win....

there is no pay wall restricting content to where you must pay to win. that is what the definition from an actual dictionary said.

lots of your "urban" dictionary's are not in fact dictionary's at all and thus are inaccurate. They are made by people using examples of what it means to them rather than an actual definition.

Simply put , by a proper dictionary it said APB is not p2w by definition.

There is no way premium is p2w since p2w does not exist in APB.

But there are a lot of people who complain that they died by something and blamed it rather than they just "dun goofed up" and died for it *shrugs*

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I see bronzes carrying osmaw all the time. repairing a car doesn't mean much under those circumstances *shrugs*

I gave a link to an actual definition of pay to win....

there is no pay wall restricting content to where you must pay to win. that is what the definition from an actual dictionary said.

lots of your "urban" dictionary's are not in fact dictionary's at all and thus are inaccurate. They are made by people using examples of what it means to them rather than an actual definition.

Simply put , by a proper dictionary it said APB is not p2w by definition.

There is no way premium is p2w since p2w does not exist in APB.

But there are a lot of people who complain that they died by something and blamed it rather than they just "dun goofed up" and died for it *shrugs*

it is not p2w because there is no p2w. flawless argumentation.

here, i'll counter your argument:

premium is p2w because there is p2w in apb.

there is no dictionary definition of this because this isn't in any official dictionary (prove me wrong). noone even mentioned urban dict.

premium is p2w because it would hypothetically give one of two players - that otherwise have the same conditions - a significant edge over the one without premium. take radar jammer or spotter.

the cd reduction is a direct upgrade that directly affects gameplay. for the cost of money. hence it is p2w.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 8:33 AM, Snubnose said:

I hope premium will get a nerf (actually more like non-premium gets buffed)... not even kidding, the gap between non-premium and premium is huge...

not having premium robs you from all the great customization this game provides. I mean come on, 3 decals on a piece of clothing, 7 decals on a vehicle and 25 creating a symbol? that's just way too limited.
also, the XP and $$$ grind is a huge pain.

I'd suggest increase the decal limit to 25 for clothes and vehicles and 50 for symbols.

also, reduce the cash and XP gain gap. maybe give non-premium a 50% boost in both, while taking away these 50% from the 130% and 90% we already have, making it a +80% and +40% boost on cash and XP.
premium would stay the same that way, and non-premium wouldn't be such a huge pain.

EDIT:
lmao forgot about the cooldown on mods... remove that and make every mod have -50% cooldown in general, it's the only real "pay 2 win" aspect this game has right now...

Premium Nerf is the last thing LO would want to do right now...