Hollowchick

I kinda hoped for more progress

25 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Expect that kind of answer for every thread asking about progress.

Its like some copypasted shinny white armor with a radio set in replay inside.

ps: even moderation seems like really agressive lately (personal level, like before), taking a good turn on things ;D

well in all fairness if you do say the  same complaints every time  to them they respond that way to you....meh

On 10/9/2018 at 10:08 AM, TheMessiah said:

fact

no its not....

On 10/9/2018 at 10:33 AM, Clandestine said:

I was expecting more mess to cleanup after Techmech and Tiggs to be honest.

well its more of a mess from g1 than previously believed

I had a support ticket for a weapon to be account bound that g1 said they would to find out it was coded to be a separate special item for some reason so i cant upgrade it now.

G1 made special guns that really made a mess of things while they were miking us  like my example. It's still coming into the light *shrugs*

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

well in all fairness if you do say the  same complaints every time  to them they respond that way to you....meh

no its not....

well its more of a mess from g1 than previously believed

I had a support ticket for a weapon to be account bound that g1 said they would to find out it was coded to be a separate special item for some reason so i cant upgrade it now.

G1 made special guns that really made a mess of things while they were miking us  like my example. It's still coming into the light *shrugs*

Lol. How surprising. I still remember how they fucked up my whole account, deleted cars, symbols, clothes because I wanted them to unlock bugged title 

On 10/9/2018 at 9:36 AM, Stillbourne said:

Anyone hoping the game would be further along by now, just because another company purchased it, clearly knows nothing about game development.

The coding for APB was a complete mess when G1 purchased it. They struggled to clean it up, and made a larger mess in the process.
LO has a very large task in front of them and its going to take some time and patience.

LO has already proven themselves to care more for their community than G1 even attempted.
They are keeping us informed while working hard to clean up a mess that two previous companies created.
Grow some patience. Game development takes time.

So quit your millennial "i've played APB for a long time so LO owes me something" snowflake garbage, and just be glad we finally have a company that is passionate about the project and not the money.

from this thread its more of a boots on the ground rush the enemy asap rather than entitlement attitude.

the op isn't saying any entitlement comments that i see.....

ww2 japans islands were a #$%$# to take..... to me it appears people are just saying they were hoping for a better push but they're finding out its harder than that just like those islands.

Just now, Clandestine said:

Lol. How surprising. I still remember how they fucked up my whole account, deleted cars, symbols, clothes because I wanted them to unlock bugged title 

I  was lucky on that bug and others thankfully. I got nervous when people started talking about their accounts being messed up.

1 hour ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

I know interacting with you is a mistake, but I'll try. I'm going to ask you a question, which will only have two answers. Please answer the question without going on a tangent.

Would you A) prefer the approach G1 had, which was lying to us about how much progress they've made, when in actual fact God knows what they were doing, or B) the approach LO has, with them telling us what they plan to do, and then them carrying it out, albeit them sometimes missing the mark, and at other times, a uncomfortable silence

There are only two options I've given you to use as an answer: A or B. Surely you can't mess this up. I look forward to your response

a) i could still enjoy the game time to time without fear that my efforts or weapons i liked went to trash. And actually had the game installed.

Edited by Excalibur!

This thread is a great example of why im happy to have left the community 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

a) i could still enjoy the game time to time without fear that my efforts or weapons i liked went to trash. And actually had the game installed.

Every time I played you, you were using car det and PMG/Volcano/OPGL. None of those got touched. Not sure where your complaints of the weapons going to trash are coming from. 🙃

The HVR being changed doesn't stop you from using that, I'm using it and going 3:1-4:1 KDR often, or you could use your usual PMG/Volcano/OPGL, you could even learn the "overpowered" (as you put it) Carbine, or...any of the other guns in the game.

Edited by Similarities

3 minutes ago, Similarities said:

Every time I played you, you were using car det and PMG/Volcano/OPGL. None of those got touched. Not sure where your complaints of the weapons going to trash are coming from. 🙃

The HVR being changed doesn't stop you from using that, I'm using it and going 3:1-4:1 KDR often, or you could use your usual PMG/Volcano/OPGL, you could even learn the "overpowered" (as you put it) Carbine, or...any of the other guns in the game.

When i played against you you barely went positive, I dont take opinions from that kind of people.

(me using pmg, HAH)

Edited by Excalibur!

3 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

When i played against you you barely went positive, I dont take opinions from that kind of people.

(me using pmg, HAH)

That's coming from someone who has never won a mission against me in their life, even going as far as to not get a single kill in one of them outside of car det. You also hackusated me before. Nice try though.

1 minute ago, Similarities said:

That's coming from someone who has never won a mission against me in their life, even going as far as to not get a single kill in one of them outside of car det. You also hackusated me before. Nice try though.

Did you finish your shaming? That kind of speech is boring already.

Keep the discussion civilized, please. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

(me using pmg, HAH)

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

1f914.png

2 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

The fact you think I've shamed you for calling you out on the weapons you use not being adjusted is hilarious. You started it, now because you can't end it you're pulling the victim card? Lol'd. Go back to your tinfoil lined room bud.

2 minutes ago, Similarities said:

The fact you think I've shamed you for calling you out on the weapons you use not being adjusted is hilarious. You started it, now because you can't end it you're pulling the victim card? Lol'd. Go back to your tinfoil lined room bud.

I barely used the weapons you named, you started with lies.

Boo hoo let me cry, grow up already guys 

Edited by YOLO545

On 10/9/2018 at 1:38 PM, Mitne said:

Excuse me. They do "nothing"?
Trade system, weapon rebalance and right now they are working on UE 3.5.
Not even telling about Matt actually addressing PEOPLE NEEDS.
Current stop is probably dictated by mess which weapon balance caused and incoming Halloween.

While G1 had time for YEARS, not MONTHS and was obviously slacking off in every area possible.
No bugs were patched despite a lot of posts about them, no actions were taken about cheaters, weapon were not balanced for YEARS, trade system? Forget it. On top of their controversal withdrawal support for middleman after that.

This guys actually done more in months than G1 done in last 4 YEARS. And LO is much smaller company than G1 was.

I seriously doubt this game will be success sure, but that will be mainly playerbase fault now.
You guys probably remember me as G1 huge critic. There were multiple reasons for that.
With LO I see some progress. Sure it's not instant and in all areas you want - but you need to get used that small company have less resources to spare.

Weapon balance is good and bad at the same time. Ppl didn’t ask for buffing shotguns, rifle range, making cooling jacket working on burst mechanic guns. Overall g1’s balance wasn’t bad, only few things such as ntec meta/oca/hvr were an issue. At the same time they did small hvr nerf that’s actually good.

I think, they should make small changes like hvr nerf without accidentally making mistakes by implementing big patches at the same week it was implemented on otw.

Edited by Lign

28 minutes ago, Lign said:

cooling jacket working on burst mechanic guns. 

Was that ever brought to the live servers? I only recall having that as a test on OTW

20 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Was that ever brought to the live servers? I only recall having that as a test on OTW

It died on otw as it lived

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Lign said:

Weapon balance is good and bad at the same time. Ppl didn’t ask for buffing shotguns, rifle range, making cooling jacket working on burst mechanic guns. Overall g1’s balance wasn’t bad, only few things such as ntec meta/oca/hvr were an issue. At the same time they did small hvr nerf that’s actually good.

I think, they should make small changes like hvr nerf without accidentally making mistakes by implementing big patches at the same week it was implemented on otw.

Actually G1s balance is absurdly bad. It feels good that I agree with (NTEC 5 would literally go down as my favorite weapon of all time in a shooter), but it doesn't work with how the game is designed. Streets, default animations and the like were all designed around the high TTK. Now that the TTK is as low as it has been since Qwentle did his poor job it's kinda out of balance. Speeding up default animations wouldn't make much sense though, neither would narrowing the streets.

I can imagine that the hitbox sizes were also designed with high TTK in mind, because hitboxes this huge are ridiculous for this TTK type.

Edited by Haganu

On 10/9/2018 at 9:02 PM, Mozie said:

pro tip: dont ask for stuff you dont want

I can see a lot of progress but not in the direction I wanted,
Everyone was praising LO cause they were about to do the balancing, now people act like they were against it all the way.

Quote of the day.

It just triggers me when I see the same situation happening on our land at the moment

best-guy-wins.jpg

On 10/9/2018 at 6:38 PM, Mitne said:

Excuse me. They do "nothing"?
Trade system, weapon rebalance and right now they are working on UE 3.5.
Not even telling about Matt actually addressing PEOPLE NEEDS.
Current stop is probably dictated by mess which weapon balance caused and incoming Halloween.

While G1 had time for YEARS, not MONTHS and was obviously slacking off in every area possible.
No bugs were patched despite a lot of posts about them, no actions were taken about cheaters, weapon were not balanced for YEARS, trade system? Forget it. On top of their controversal withdrawal support for middleman after that.

This guys actually done more in months than G1 done in last 4 YEARS. And LO is much smaller company than G1 was.

I seriously doubt this game will be success sure, but that will be mainly playerbase fault now.
You guys probably remember me as G1 huge critic. There were multiple reasons for that.
With LO I see some progress. Sure it's not instant and in all areas you want - but you need to get used that small company have less resources to spare.

As others have mentioned, the balancing can be good and bad at the same time.

I actually do agree with your view on the playerbase. It is not only on the quantity side, but also the quality. It really hurts when more than half of the gaming population face their daily hackusations, along with everyday humiliation of actual cheaters on our missions. There is no news in all these to San Paro citizens.

Just to bear in mind that the playerbase/community and the game contents go hand in hand. Whether it's a perfectly designed game with few advertisements or an unpolished game with a big community, they both do not earn the long-term appreciation that they deserve. These deep-rooted conflicts and problems are what APB:R has been facing all these years. Future improvements and updates should accommodate both factors in order to put positive effects on the game.

20 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Yes, it’s working on live servers

Some people on this forum should be seriously treated like a herd.

Just saying.

1 minute ago, ch4ncer said:

Some people on this forum should be seriously treated like a herd.

Just saying.

(h)oof