Hollowchick

I kinda hoped for more progress

Sooo due to health related shit I've not been able to follow this game for a good 4 months or so, I stopped being able to do so around the time they introduced Battleye.
I came back to this forum in the hopes of finding some noteworthy progress, instead it looks like we are back to G1 standards of literally not progressing at all.
I was hoping during that time that they may have the engine update ready but from what I could gather they only improved small things, not the major chunks of problems this game has.

Can anybody quickly run down for me what LO actually did in the last 4 months? It looked promising when they acquired G1 but I've kind of remained skeptic to begin with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lesson learned: Never get your hopes up for fear of getting them crushed. Just be apathetic at everything so you can minimize the amount of emotional pain.

• Like 3

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Lesson learned: Never get your hopes up for fear of getting them crushed. Just be apathetic at everything so you can minimize the amount of emotional pain.

Again, I was skeptic to begin with, rightfully so it seems. This was it, they had shot, one opportunity, to seize everything we ever wanted, one moment, they didn't capture it and just let it slip. rap instrumental starts playing
  • Like 1

From what I've seen so far, we've had a couple of -interesting- weapon balance changes, the addition of a trading system and some other small bugfixes such as a (((hitreg fix)))

31 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Very sage statement 😮
And yes we just cant pump our hopes believing to see the things we Always wanted to see like engine upgrade, new contacts or maps ect. especially in an short range of time
till now LO did some little things they promised to us so im at last a little bit positive about theyr doings ... Edited by iDontThinkSo
  • Like 4

I kinda hoped people would complain and whine less. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I feel like they're still actually trying though, unlike G1.

• Like 8

Keep in mind that APB is one huge junk code, and once you add something, 3 other things break. If you fix them, more things break.
They've already done way more than G1 did the last 4 years or so.

They're not fast, but at least they're doing something.
Though they need to hurry up, APB is losing its playerbase more and more every month.

Edited by GhosT
typo
  • Like 9

36 minutes ago, Grizmo said:

and some other small bugfixes such as a (((hitreg fix)))

lol... good one
  • Like 1

Excuse me. They do "nothing"?
Trade system, weapon rebalance and right now they are working on UE 3.5.
Not even telling about Matt actually addressing PEOPLE NEEDS.
Current stop is probably dictated by mess which weapon balance caused and incoming Halloween.

While G1 had time for YEARS, not MONTHS and was obviously slacking off in every area possible.
No bugs were patched despite a lot of posts about them, no actions were taken about cheaters, weapon were not balanced for YEARS, trade system? Forget it. On top of their controversal withdrawal support for middleman after that.

This guys actually done more in months than G1 done in last 4 YEARS. And LO is much smaller company than G1 was.

I seriously doubt this game will be success sure, but that will be mainly playerbase fault now.
You guys probably remember me as G1 huge critic. There were multiple reasons for that.
With LO I see some progress. Sure it's not instant and in all areas you want - but you need to get used that small company have less resources to spare.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Mitne said:

I seriously doubt this game will be success sure, but that will be mainly playerbase fault now.

Blaming the players for not wanting to play.... priceless. 
  • Like 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:
5 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Blaming the players for not wanting to play.... priceless. 
No, blaming the company for things caused by other players (cheating, dethreating, toxicity).
Especially since that company litteraly barely joined us. Feel lucky, I guess if smaller company bought bigger then things were looking grim for G1 and G1 was probably going under auction hammer for bankruptcy. For many games it's end of the line. Edited by Mitne

1 minute ago, Mitne said:
No, blaming the company for things caused by other players (cheating, dethreating, toxicity).

Its the players responsibility to handle these?
Good one Mitne lol.
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:
Its the players responsibility to handle these?
Good one Mitne lol.
It's not. But even in such small group as we are now, we still got cheaters, dethreaters and various type of scum which should quit by now.
So now what LO gonna do? Kick out everyone remaining and kill it all? Group of people is so small that enforcing any bans litteraly kills PERCENT of player from game (we are under 1000 players for god sake) and people who still remain here (this people I described, not overall population of course) kill game for this new one, who would fill normally blanks.
So yeah i'm telling that currently playerbase gonna kill the game. Not LO. Edited by Mitne

30 minutes ago, Mitne said:
It's not. But even in such small group as we are now, we still got cheaters, dethreaters and various type of scum which should quit by now.
So now what LO gonna do? Kick out everyone remaining and kill it all? Group of people is so small that enforcing any bans litteraly kills PERCENT of player from game (we are under 1000 players for god sake) and people who still remain here (this people I described, not overall population of course) kill game for this new one, who would fill normally blanks.
So yeah i'm telling that currently playerbase gonna kill the game. Not LO.
So not our responsibility, just our fault. 

... priceless
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hollowchick said:

Sooo due to health related shit I've not been able to follow this game for a good 4 months or so, I stopped being able to do so around the time they introduced Battleye.
I came back to this forum in the hopes of finding some noteworthy progress, instead it looks like we are back to G1 standards of literally not progressing at all.
I was hoping during that time that they may have the engine update ready but from what I could gather they only improved small things, not the major chunks of problems this game has.

Can anybody quickly run down for me what LO actually did in the last 4 months? It looked promising when they acquired G1 but I've kind of remained skeptic to begin with.

nbbb22dv.jpg

Compared to G1, Little Orbit has done much more in the last few months than G1 did in years. They have maybe not changed or added these really big things (yet), but they have done something. Now, APB Reloaded is probably never going to be the game we always wanted it to be just because the owners changed, but now I've actually got my hopes up for something.

Edited by Vanten
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

-snip-

Again, I asked. When I saw Kemp stream the other day there didn't seem to be much of a difference, ofc it was clear from the get-go that they weren't gonna turn this into a gold mine after 2 weeks. But I wanted to know what they specifically did since I am not up to date with that anymore, you are the first one to actually answer my question.

1 minute ago, Hollowchick said:
2 hours ago, Mitne said:

-snip-

ofc it was clear from the get-go that they weren't gonna turn this into a gold mine after 2 weeks. 
5 months*

pro tip: dont ask for stuff you dont want

I can see a lot of progress but not in the direction I wanted,
Everyone was praising LO cause they were about to do the balancing, now people act like they were against it all the way.

Take responsibility for your actions, I didnt take action because I was sure there was atleast one sane player who would argue against the changes.
There was none.
Therefor I see this as my own fault and not LO's because I HAD THE CHANCE to speak up but I didn't.

You had the chance too.

6 minutes ago, Mozie said:

pro tip: dont ask for stuff you dont want

I can see a lot of progress but not in the direction I wanted,
Everyone was praising LO cause they were about to do the balancing, now people act like they were against it all the way.

Take responsibility for your actions, I didnt take action because I was sure there was atleast one sane player who would argue against the changes.
There was none.
Therefor I see this as my own fault and not LO's because I HAD THE CHANCE to speak up but I didn't.

You had the chance too.

We did speak up.
We were ignored.
We are still being ignored.

... just saying
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

Keep in mind that APB is one huge junk code, and once you add something, 3 other things breaks. If you fix them, more things break.
They've already done way more than G1 did the last 4 years or so.

They're not fast, but at least they're doing something.
Though they need to hurry up, APB is losing its player base more and more every month.

Pretty much what this man right here said.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
So not our responsibility, just our fault. 

... priceless
Yes. It is. You all know LO is small company with very limited resources and you freaking expect miracles.
Let's say LO is company of 50 people (I can't find data on how many people there is in LO but taking current actions and resources I assumed that). Alright. Immediatly in your mind you think: "Hey so 50 people can take of all of this". Shit no. You don't know how company works then.
People are delegated to different function SOME of it are not entirely related to any of games. And then they need to take care of not only APB, but also Fallen Earth or their new game Descent. That reduces LO manpower absorbed into APB roughly to maybe 10... 12 people? APB Support takes some people too. Others are responsible to pushing APB forward. How many people you think LO got to spare? Infinite? Also money do talking. If there is no money - how the hell are you supposed to do anything.
Now you all want shit which much bigger and more focused on APB company (or more on ways to make money of it) couldn't do for YEARS.
Who is there to blame. LO? Or maybe you are too self-centered to understand that every "major" issue here is within playerbase itself? And that maybe LO don't give damn cause they don't have resources to spare and prefer to push on things which they can have control over (unlike cheaters, dethreaters and idiots). Edited by Mitne
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mozie said:

You had the chance too.

Kinda just stated that I've had health issues during the last 4 months which prevented me from literally doing just that but okay we're just gonna pretend you didn't just read the topic title and dumped your opinion here.