foscor77

make one more threat or increase the range of bronze or green threat

On 10/19/2018 at 12:51 PM, CookiePuss said:

If Cooky can understand this so easily I don't get how the rest of you can't.

50 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

never said u were lying that was just a question tho... 

And i think the 2 golds had the ability to call backup (dunno if u were teamleader).

I'm just saying i never had this constellation since 2011 

the golds never called in backup if they could and that's if they weren't trying to dethreat which is unlikely since they tore us up willingly rather than dying.

now imagine if it was plats vs silvers n bronze..... and yes you know they would dethreat all over again just to go in and do this (the dethreaters always do seem to go out of their way to be in bronze to kill bronzes)

how would you gauge how many  silvers n bronzes get called in for backup?

the current matchmaking would be broken for sure,

the lat thing id want is new players chased off of apb.

sorry but no thank you i know better

42 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If Cooky can understand this so easily I don't get how the rest of you can't.

ikr

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

ikr

I don't know who you are, but you don't get to join in on our jokes.

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I don't know who you are, but you don't get to join in on our jokes.

I'm the one with the cheesecake *shrugs*

they're the ones trying to steal it saying its a good thing

damn pirates

I think Little Orbit is already thinking of reworking this, and some other things, but it's true that it sucks when you're too bad for your actual threat, but too good for the lower one.

20 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

There are countless posts on who knows how many thread on the new as well as the old forums on why this idea of yours simply wont work.

Everyone is taking the time to explain it to you why but instead you keep insulting and being salty

Here's where you failed.

1: I never once tried to claim i had the be all, end all, ideas. I simply shared an opinion. Are you familiar with the first amendment in America? Apparently not.

2: Your choice to spread your own opinion and label it as fact is the exact Liberal logic that is sending this world into a rapid decay. Just stop.

3: Only a single individual reached out to me to discuss this topic. Apparently in your backwards world one person equals "everyone".

4: If you're going to use childish cliches like "salty" to prove a point, nobody is going to take you seriously. You're welcome for the tip.

5: You might wanna find a new hobby, because trolling clearly isn't one of your strengths.

Bottom line: Try researching the deeper meanings of a discussion and approach it in a mature manner instead of jumping in and virtually screaming "world star!" 

I have zero patience for childish trolling so your failed attempt has landed you a spot on my ignore list. Congratulations.

Good luck to you and have a nice day sir.

2 hours ago, Stillbourne said:

~snip~

1. the irony ....

2. opinions backed by the data isn't just an opinion. research much?

3. I told you about the posts on the old as well as new forums. that's a lot more than one person who posted to benefit.

4. so you say I cant say you're salty , yet you are because you were told no its a bad idea and shown why.....and people can see that. *shrugs* (also you are acting "entitled" now sigh)

5. I don't troll as a hobby nor a job. I provided as much legitimate  explanations as I could and you got an attitude for being told no its a bad idea. grow some skin

bottom line..... you ignore your on bottom line...irony again. I brought in some explanations why it was bad and here you are saying a bunch of hot air because you cant have your way from how  it cant work.

you also claimed the first amendment yet did I ever say you couldn't speak? no i did not but i did say how that idea cant work properly and if you don't like that it wont  get a tissue i guess *shrugs*

23 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

There are countless posts on who knows how many thread on the new as well as the old forums on why this idea of yours simply wont work.

Everyone is taking the time to explain it to you why but instead you keep insulting and being salty

The segregation that another color added would not only split the population up even more so but would also make matchmaking in its current form completely unbalanced

as it is ( in some cases ) you can have three silvers and a bronze against two golds but if it was two platinum instead then what? more little guys who get slaughtered?

Your idea would not fix matchmaking however it would unbalance the matches to where there wouldn't be a real match against other players only a slaughter

also then people would be forced to dethreat just to get  match which means the  added change would do nothing to fix matchmaking at all

it would however make more spaghetti coding to fix for the engine upgrade.

its just not a good  idea *shrugs*

no where in that did i ever try to take first amendment rights away however  you just tried to take mine....... get real

3 hours ago, Stillbourne said:

Are you familiar with the first amendment in America? Apparently not.

Referencing to first amendment rights on a private forum?

free_speech.png

Edited by AsgerLund

Just now, AsgerLund said:

How is this in any way relevant to this private forum?

free_speech.png

you guys always find stuff relevant like this +1

On 10/22/2018 at 12:45 AM, CookiePuss said:

>says you must understand bell curve

>says bell is too far to the right of the curve 

Im still laughing about this one. 

Well the threat-distribution should be a bell curve, but currently is more of a pear curve is what he's saying.

On 10/22/2018 at 12:18 AM, Similarities said:

To understand elo you must also understand a bell curve, currently, the bell is too far to the right of the curve (indicating the majority of players are high threat), pushing the bell back to the left (toward the lower threat portion) so that the majority of players are in bronze & silver would help but there is no great way to solve the current issues without more players.

There is, as far as I'm concerned, a fairly simple and great way to solve this issue: Stop having threat be a static/fixed value and start having it be dynamic. Have the active playerbase (e.g. all accounts active within the past 10 days are considered) be dynamically distributed across the existing threat levels (e.g. 20% Gold, 40% Silver, 25% Bronze, 15% Green). The underlying Glicko-values do no change, mind you, only their placement on the threat-scale.

On 10/21/2018 at 6:45 PM, CookiePuss said:

>says you must understand bell curve

>says bell is too far to the right of the curve 

Im still laughing about this one. 

Err...I meant it's lopsided. A bell curve is an ideal way to do an elo system, currently, the curve is not a bell, it's more like a hill. Just stupid sleep typing.

8 minutes ago, Similarities said:

Err...I meant it's lopsided. A bell curve is an ideal way to do an elo system, currently, the curve is not a bell, it's more like a hill. Just stupid sleep typing.

No worries mate.

But correct me if Im wrong... most of the population is silver. Even Silver districts arent all golds, and there are less silver districts populated than bronze.

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

No worries mate.

But correct me if Im wrong... most of the population is silver. Even Silver districts arent all golds, and there are less silver districts populated than bronze.

I believe you're right, but what I meant was it's still too sided toward Gold, even if most of the game is Silver, the entire threat system should be pushed back, by that I mean a lot of the Gold ranks except for maybe the last 5 or so ranks should be pushed back to Silver, Silver should be pushed back to Bronze, Bronze should be pushed back to Green. This isn't going to work with the current population though, obviously.

6 hours ago, Similarities said:

I believe you're right, but what I meant was it's still too sided toward Gold, even if most of the game is Silver, the entire threat system should be pushed back, by that I mean a lot of the Gold ranks except for maybe the last 5 or so ranks should be pushed back to Silver, Silver should be pushed back to Bronze, Bronze should be pushed back to Green. This isn't going to work with the current population though, obviously.

But it doesn't matter. They could make it so everyone is Bronze in game and it wouldn't matter. The bell curve is just in relation to the graphical display of your threat, not your actual elo. Changing the bell curve does nothing to the underlying system.

11 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Changing the bell curve does nothing to the underlying system.

This depends on whether the matchmaking-system is based on the Glicko-values or threat. In case of the latter it would affect matchmaking, even when the underlying calculation doesn't change.

1 minute ago, Revoluzzer said:

This depends on whether the matchmaking-system is based on the Glicko-values or threat. In case of the latter it would affect matchmaking, even when the underlying calculation doesn't change.

Threat is only the visual indicator. MM is based on the underlying glicko system.

To be honest I've also thought there has been a need for a new threat category for years, but I don't this is viable anymore, not with barely 200 players active; yes, there is a massive gap between top and bottom gold players, but the population in the game isn't large enough to justify splitting it more. I think this is something that will make sense if the game manages to pull new players in, and for that many things need to happen first:

• There needs to be new content; new cosmetics weapons and cars are only good to keep veterans playing at best, but to bring fresh blood we need new game modes and districts. We've been playing in Waterfront and Financial since the game came out, the Asylum was mostly finished when GamersFirst took over and it took them years to release it. Finishing and releasing Midtown district would be a way to start.
  • Optimization. The game is 8 years old, it's absurd the amount of time it takes to launch it, and on top of that the time it takes for it to load; I might not have the most powerful setup, but an i7, 16 GB of RAM  and a GTX 1050 Ti on top of using an SSD should be more than enough to load the game at a reasonable speed. The game should run like butter in every modern setup but for some reason it demands more than many modern games.
  • A proper introduction for newbies; the tutorials for this game are a joke and new players always have a really hard time understanding the game mechanics, the way I see it you either have a friend who already plays to teach you the ropes or suffer the absurdly steep learning curve (or quit altogether). Many players will like to say "APB is an easy game", but they're just being arrogant little shits, everyone had to learn the game mechanics the hard way, and the proof is all the review videos of APB on YouTube, none of those guys have the slightest clue on how to play. Simply put, the game is not user friendly and there is no proper tutorial in place to counter that.

Dethreating is another big problem with the game that gives newbies a really hard time, they barely get out of Green and go from playing against other newbies to fighting Golds in bronze; this practice should be strongly deterred and golds should automatically be kicked from bronze districts, these abusive matches might give golds 10 min of fun, but they harm the game's population by discouraging new players from staying.

In short, what we need is more players not a new threat level right now. We had more people playing at Colby than we have now in Jericho, it's depressing.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Arpegius said:

~snip~

don't forget how many for years requested racing districts. (in case you didnt imply it already)

it's a big enough thing to get old as well as new players back.

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

don't forget how many for years requested racing districts. (in case you didn't imply it already)

it's a big enough thing to get old as well as new players back.

I'm more interested in the Midtown district, but yeah a racing district would be really cool, they could even use the current districts to start testing it out and either block the streets to make a single course or use checkpoints or something. Even have players bet money and/or joker tickets on races.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

ngl... I always thought the "give us racing district" thing was just a meme

to be fair it grew on me  I used to hate the idea

alot

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

to be fair it grew on me  I used to hate the idea

alot

Yeah, I mean the worst thing about APB is the vehicle physics. 

Every race event Ive ever taken part in was an unmitigated cluster fuck.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Yeah, I mean the worst thing about APB is the vehicle physics. 

Every race event Ive ever taken part in was an unmitigated cluster fuck.

dont sugar coat it we both know it was much MUCH worse than that lol