foscor77

make one more threat or increase the range of bronze or green threat

11 minutes ago, Akito said:

i hope they break MM when the changes come just like they broke the guns with the changes on IR so I can sh*t on dem silvers and bronzes 

Kappa

^this guy gets it^

On 10/8/2018 at 9:15 PM, foscor77 said:

the skill gap between the gold threat players is just too fking large. i know there also exists large skill gaps b/w silver threat players but in gold threat its even larger than silver. So either make a new threat like black or something or just increase the power or range or whatever the correct term of some already existing threats like bronze or green.

LW8.gif

A "Platinum" threat for the no lifers would be nice, so im not forced to fight gods testicles everytime because the system wants to toss me in the same threat as them even though im terrible at combat in APB (why im labeled gold is a mystery to me and everyone who has ever vs'd me)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stillbourne said:

A "Platinum" threat for the no lifers would be nice, so im not forced to fight gods testicles everytime because the system wants to toss me in the same threat as them even though im terrible at combat in APB (why im labeled gold is a mystery to me and everyone who has ever vs'd me)

Yes it would be, so I can have something else to work for 😛

46 minutes ago, February said:

Yes it would be, so I can have something else to work for 😛

They could add an achievement called, "Really a big deal", since getting gold is, "Kind of a big deal."

Or just call it "Gat Gud".

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

Poop rools diwnhill. Golds never play in Gold. If you are Gold and Play in Silver then you are a dirt bag. Sorry someone had to say it. 

DONT give us that BS about not enough golds to play in gold either. It's ALWAYS been this way. 

Stupid phone typing, sorry for mis spelling. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Stillbourne said:

You arent the same threat as them. There are 10 tiers of every threat.

Changing the name, or the color of the threat would make zero difference whatsoever.

4 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

They could add an achievement called, "Really a big deal", since getting gold is, "Kind of a big deal."

Or just call it "Gat Gud".

YASSSS

On 10/15/2018 at 4:41 PM, CookiePuss said:

You arent the same threat as them. There are 10 tiers of every threat.

Changing the name, or the color of the threat would make zero difference whatsoever.

Nobody said anything about "changing" anything.

We are simply saying that "adding" another threat that's above gold would improve matchmaking. Something that has been flawed and scaring away new players since APB has existed.

The mm system is far too vague when labeling players because the skill range is far wider than 4 threats will allow. I honestly believe a 5th threat would help.

But i've only been playing since day 1 of the RTW CBT as well as day 1 of the G1 CBT, so what would i know?

49 minutes ago, Stillbourne said:

Nobody said anything about "changing" anything.

We are simply saying that "adding" another threat that's above gold would improve matchmaking. Something that has been flawed and scaring away new players since APB has existed.

The mm system is far too vague when labeling players because the skill range is far wider than 4 threats will allow. I honestly believe a 5th threat would help.

But i've only been playing since day 1 of the RTW CBT as well as day 1 of the G1 CBT, so what would i know?

I wouldnt.

I would change absolutely nothing.

absolutely

nothing

On 10/17/2018 at 12:24 PM, CookiePuss said:

I wouldnt.

I would change absolutely nothing.

absolutely

nothing

I repeat, nobody said a single word about "changing" anything. We are simply suggesting "adding" something. Whats your obsession with change? Should we start calling you CookieObama?

• Thanks 1

Adding/expanding threat or any of the other ideas like this wouldn't fix the issue, real issue is threat at it is now does not actually represent the player's skill. Change how threat is gained and lost, make bronze actually a viable threat instead of an insult

1 hour ago, Archon said:

Adding/expanding threat or any of the other ideas like this wouldn't fix the issue, real issue is threat at it is now does not actually represent the player's skill. Change how threat is gained and lost, make bronze actually a viable threat instead of an insult

In a game like APB, plus with the type of cancerous players it attracts, any threat lower than the highest (gold) will be an insult. The cockier golds will make sure of that.

I do get you point though. However, something needs to be done with match making. Its one of the bigger reasons new players are less likely to stick around. Nobody wants to play a game that forces a new player into the tumor that has become the silver plated golds distrrict, aka bronze.

3 hours ago, Stillbourne said:

I repeat, nobody said a single word about "changing" anything. We are simply suggesting "adding" something. Whats your obsession with change? Should we start calling you CookieObama?

I guess I wont waste my time explaining that adding something is change. 'Im gonna go ahead and assume you understand that.

14 minutes ago, Stillbourne said:

In a game like APB, plus with the type of cancerous players it attracts, any threat lower than the highest (gold) will be an insult. The cockier golds will make sure of that.

I do get you point though. However, something needs to be done with match making. Its one of the bigger reasons new players are less likely to stick around. Nobody wants to play a game that forces a new player into the tumor that has become the silver plated golds distrrict, aka bronze.

ELO is ELO (to use a common gaming term for "threat") and adding a new threat on top of the 40 threats we already have wont change anyone's ELO. You would still be matched against the same players the day after adding a new threat (or 10 new threats or 100 or 1000) as you were they day before, simply because no one's ELO (threat) would have changed and only the color of the symbol by their name would have.

As far as matchmaking goes, as long as APB has the minuscule population it has, you will NEVER get "good" matchmaking no matter what you do to the underlying system. Matchmaking can only work with the available pool of players, and as long as that pool remains small, any system will eventually have to choose between setting up sometimes lopsided matches, or setting up no matches at all. Surely you can understand how having at best a 40 v 40 pool of players will result in lopsided levels of skill within that pool. (as opposed to say a pool of 1000 players or more)

These are all very simple, easy to understand concepts. I would hope that now that it has been explained to you, you will cease spreading false information.

As for dethreating, Little Orbit has for whatever reason decided to do nothing about it. That being said, adding new threats will have no impact on players decisions to deflate their threat in order to stomp on new players. Until punishments for breaking the CoC are handed out, that trend will continue, and sadly APB will struggle to retain any of the tiny number of new players it gets. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

you will cease spreading false information.

The fact you even typed that proves you are trolling. Because not once did I spread ANY information, let alone false information. All I have done is express my opinions on what I feel would help improve matchmaking. If  my opinion triggers you this much, thats on you, not me.

If you really started playing APB in 2017 like your profile states, then you have not played it long enough to even remotely understand what us CBT players have gone through with RTW and G1. 

So by all means continue on your way of immature trolling. I for one will have no part of it. Welcome to my ignore list troll.

5 minutes ago, Stillbourne said:

The fact you even typed that proves you are trolling. Because not once did I spread ANY information, let alone false information. All I have done is express my opinions on what I feel would help improve matchmaking. If  my opinion triggers you this much, thats on you, not me.

If you really started playing APB in 2017 like your profile states, then you have not played it long enough to even remotely understand what us CBT players have gone through with RTW and G1. 

So by all means continue on your way of immature trolling. I for one will have no part of it. Welcome to my ignore list troll.

I have over 5,000 hours in APB, I'll let you guess when I started.

And if all you can do is say "Hurr durr I installed this game before you".... maybe just sit down and let the adults talk.

On 10/17/2018 at 5:34 PM, Stillbourne said:

We are simply saying that "adding" another threat that's above gold would improve matchmaking.

But it wouldn't. Threat is just a visual representation of Glicko-values.

Adding another colour on top might make people feel like the system momentarily improves, or it might make them feel like they get matched against way too good players because all of a sudden they face "Platinum" players instead of "Gold" ones.

To understand elo you must also understand a bell curve, currently, the bell is too far to the right of the curve (indicating the majority of players are high threat), pushing the bell back to the left (toward the lower threat portion) so that the majority of players are in bronze & silver would help but there is no great way to solve the current issues without more players. Seeing as there are 4 threats, green, bronze, silver, and gold, the majority of the player base should make up bronze and silver (the middle of the curve). The problem with this? Gold players wouldn't have anyone else to play with because of the low population and threat segregated districts (silver can enter bronze, gold cannot) meaning if the majority of the player base (bronze & silver) spent their time in bronze districts, golds wouldn't have many people to play against. The population is a big part of the issue with matchmaking.

26 minutes ago, Similarities said:

To understand elo you must also understand a bell curve, currently, the bell is too far to the right of the curve

>says you must understand bell curve

>says bell is too far to the right of the curve 

Im still laughing about this one. 

If threat is restricted to a value between 1 and 40 that isn't dynamically changing, then this is the only situation I can think of where adding new threats above Gold10 might help: https://imgur.com/k9hb6pq

You could also just "stretch out" existing threats. But then some people's might go down.

If matchmaking actually uses an even deeper value than this, and if it isn't clamped/restricted, this wouldn't help.

On 10/19/2018 at 3:12 PM, Stillbourne said:

There are countless posts on who knows how many thread on the new as well as the old forums on why this idea of yours simply wont work.

Everyone is taking the time to explain it to you why but instead you keep insulting and being salty

The segregation that another color added would not only split the population up even more so but would also make matchmaking in its current form completely unbalanced

as it is ( in some cases ) you can have three silvers and a bronze against two golds but if it was two platinum instead then what? more little guys who get slaughtered?

Your idea would not fix matchmaking however it would unbalance the matches to where there wouldn't be a real match against other players only a slaughter

also then people would be forced to dethreat just to get  match which means the  added change would do nothing to fix matchmaking at all

it would however make more spaghetti coding to fix for the engine upgrade.

its just not a good  idea *shrugs*

38 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

you can have three silvers and a bronze against two golds 

when did that ever happen? 

I just see 1-2 gold, 2 silver and 1-2 bronze vs 4 premade golds.... guess who get stomped? 

Just now, HighSociety said:

when did that ever happen? 

I just see 1-2 gold, 2 silver and 1-2 bronze vs 4 premade golds.... guess who get stomped? 

yesterday in financial actually

just because you didn't see it doesn't mean every one else is lying geez

If they ever added a threat above gold, anyone who gets it is kinda screwed. Also I don't see how getting put in a district with mostly golds after becoming gold is a punishment. I've always liked going against people better than me as long as I stood a chance. Which is how I ended up knowing all of the tricks I know now.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

yesterday in financial actually

just because you didn't see it doesn't mean every one else is lying geez

never said u were lying that was just a question tho... 

And i think the 2 golds had the ability to call backup (dunno if u were teamleader).

I'm just saying i never had this constellation since 2011