foscor77

make one more threat or increase the range of bronze or green threat

the skill gap between the gold threat players is just too fking large. i know there also exists large skill gaps b/w silver threat players but in gold threat its even larger than silver. So either make a new threat like black or something or just increase the power or range or whatever the correct term of some already existing threats like bronze or green.

• Like 1

i think orbit has already expressed a desire to change how threat is calculated

might not happen until we get the matchmaking update, since it doesnt really make sense to have one without the other 

Can someone please, please, PLEASE post a thread explaining that adding more threats(than the 40 we already have) will change absolutely nothing.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Can someone please, please, PLEASE post a thread explaining that adding more threats(than the 40 we already have) will change absolutely nothing.

thats why i said to increase the range/power/whatever of already existing threats such as bronze or green as the skill gap between these threat players is almost non existent.

4 minutes ago, foscor77 said:
26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

thats why i said to increase the range/power/whatever of already existing threats such as bronze or green as the skill gap between these threat players is almost non existent.
that would still DO NOTHING
there re already countless threads on this explaining why please use search or at least try to look for topics before posting a repeat next time

Jokes aside, what should count in threat calculation is play time on the whole account. The accumulated experience is a huge boon, but it never counts, so in the end we have situations like new players paired against smurfs moping the floor with them.

1 minute ago, Aurora_Valis said:

Jokes aside, what should count in threat calculation is play time on the whole account. The accumulated experience is a huge boon, but it never counts, so in the end we have situations like new players paired against smurfs moping the floor with them.

But threat is already account wide so you can only really smurf by making a new account on which the play time would be zero.

30 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

that would still DO NOTHING
there re already countless threads on this explaining why please use search or at least try to look for topics before posting a repeat next time

increasing the skill cap for green, bronze, and silver would effectively shift the threat levels down

it would be the opposite of when g1 shifted the skill cap for silver down, leading to gold becoming much easier to achieve

this would not solve the major problems with threat (how easy it is to change/manipulate threat and the fact that threat is “static” - there’s theoretically no limit to what percentage of the player base can be a specific threat) but it would be a decent bandaid fix imo

that wouldn't do exactly how that says though from how manipulation points and so on already change it.
the other threads go into detail as to why.....I'm to busy eating an ice cream cone so meh not about to hunt to quote them.

only sollution is if you turn gold being in bronze server you got kicked out of that district. simple

3 minutes ago, EMilika said:

only sollution is if you turn gold being in bronze server you got kicked out of that district. simple

i can go gold by many reasons but I've never been able to keep gold. not fair to be mean to me 😞
when matchmaking and other such features are reworked/fixed/whatever THEN none of this will be a problem...but not until threat and match making are reworked as well as mission points for objectives or kills and such are reworked as well.....

its no small task

Just now, Fortune Runner said:
i can go gold by many reasons but I've never been able to keep gold. not fair to be mean to me 😞
when matchmaking and other such features are reworked/fixed/whatever THEN none of this will be a problem...but not until threat and match making are reworked as well as mission points for objectives or kills and such are reworked as well.....

its no small task
No dude you can't play in bronze as gold 😄 not even make excuses.

Just now, EMilika said:
No dude you can't play in bronze as gold 😄 not even make excuses.
its not an excuse im not a gold if i get carried why should i or others be punished?

Just now, EMilika said:

No dude you can't play in bronze as gold <i class='emojijs-emoji-1f604'></i> not even make excuses.

its not an excuse im not a gold if i get carried why should i or others be punished?

Because that's how life work ! you play with yours own skill capped people, silvers.

Why punish newbies who don't know even how to use granades. 
To play vs players who haves 1000hours already ingame.

you go 10 to zero and then they quit game and say shit like pw2 trash gold etc. Edited by EMilika
You want new players yet you farm them NICE LOGIC.
  • Like 1

Just now, EMilika said:
Because that's how life work ! you play with yours own skill capped people, silvers.

Why punish newbies who don't know even how to use granades. 
To play vs players who haves 1000hours already ingame.

you go 10 to zero and then they quit game and say shit like pw2 trash gold etc.
First off don't lie about me I teach people how to play where to drive ....anything I can......can you say the same?
There's also max rank bronzes.... 1000 hours means nothing.
Dethreaters who don't belong in bronze ever cause players like me to go gold when we aren't good enough for it.
When matchmaking and threat levels finally get reworked by Little Orbit THEN this will finally not be a problem anymore
And no I don't go 10 to 0 I break even normally. if you actually knew ANYTHING about me you would of seen my other posts that clearly say that.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, foscor77 said:

increase the power or range or whatever the correct term of some already existing threats

they not gonna touch current threat is clear 5 months later

ADDING THREAT LEVELS DOES NOT CHANGE THE UNDERLYING ELO/MMR SYSTEM. THREAT COLOUR IS JUST A GRAPHICAL INDICATOR.

I swear I have to type this 10 times a week.

2 hours ago, EMilika said:
Ok Let me report you and Let LO decide you're farming bronzies or you're just shit.

In all hours of APB i've been in bronze like 3 times only because it was 4 in the night and other DC ware empty.

So all i see is excuses to farm people who don't know how to play.
says the one crying and accusing....

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

ADDING THREAT LEVELS DOES NOT CHANGE THE UNDERLYING ELO/MMR SYSTEM. THREAT COLOUR IS JUST A GRAPHICAL INDICATOR.

I swear I have to type this 10 times a week.

Weren't you up to 12 at one point?

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
I feel like it is 12 times a day if you include forums, in game, discord, etc.

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:
I feel like it is 12 times a day if you include forums, in game, discord, etc.
Then there's the "add it to the pile".....
Sincerely though thank you for that.
Its a sucky job but there's those of us grateful for you taking care of it.
Hopefully people start to understand soon that the threat color and separating people out more will guarantee APB dies.
We need a proper matchmaking rework as well as a rework on threat and how points for objectives and points for kills are reworked as well.
Then people will have threat based on a true skill rather than this mess we have.

Bronze should be for beginners only. If you play in bronze and arent a beginner, you are pretty much a dirtbag. 

Sorry, someone had to say it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Bronze should be for beginners only. If you play in bronze and arent a beginner, you are pretty much a dirtbag. 

What about the 255's that are legit silver/bronze. There are some of those around.

10 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
39 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What about the 255's that are legit silver/bronze. There are some of those around.
I guess for legit bronze Id have to make an ecception. But really, how many of those could there actually be?