Vante

Little annoying things everyone knows, that should be fixed or added

Little annoying things everyone knows, that should be fixed or added.

1. Indestructible lamp posts
2. Not being able to see name tags through [big destructible] gates.
3. Hijacking AI vehicles will leave the AI drivers just standing in the middle of the road until they disappear.
4. You can not walk through pedestrians. You should be able to push them aside instead of them blockning you completely.
5. If an AI vehicle is hit and moves out of its driving path, it will just stop forever rather than correct its position and continue.
6. Sometimes when you run next to another player in your team or the opposite team, or AI, your movements will no longer be smooth and you start to kind off "lag" when you run.
7. At some doors there is a small gap where you can throw grenades through, or even shoot through.
8. Rocket launchers will sometimes fire the rockets in the wrong direction.
9. Sometimes when rockets hits the enemy directly on the body, they will take less damage. 
9. Driving over a placed shield will sometimes make the car go flying (even though it could be fun at times 🙂 ).
11. AI vehicles can sometimes kill you if they hit you (cause of death: Suicide). Or you can turn it around and say that AI vehicles can not kill you at all even if they run you over at full speed.
12. AI vehicles will sometimes not stop when you shoot at them.
13. Sometimes you are not being able to enter a mailbox, car spawn, ammunition supply, ammunition stations or similar even if you are standing right next to it.
14. You can not delete all mails at once. If you want to delete everything in your mail box you have to click on each individual one.
15. Sometimes you are not able to see the time remaining on your arrest (criminals).
16. Sometimes when you run with e.g EOL, Oscar, Volcano and more, at the same time you're firing, the action gets canceled and the weapon will stop shooting.
17. "Out of bounds" at places which you can get to easily and should really not be out of bounds.
18.  If AI pedestrians are scared, they will sometimes walk straight through a wall or a door and magically disappear.
19. Sometimes when you are driving up against a wall, your vehicle will crash or explode like it hit something invincible. Same with the train carts in Baylan fight club.
20.  At certain places you can see name tags through walls.
21. When districts are full, you have to spam to get in. There is no queue system.
22. You can e.g use the mouse wheel to shoot "faster". Aka macro players.
23. Destroyed items and dead AI pedestrians aren't synchronized between players and will therefore be at different places etc.
24. You can not take damage by fire.
25. Windows on vehicles and in general can not be cracked or destroyed by impacts or gunshots. Only certain store fronts will do this.
26. Headlights on vehicles does not work. *
27. Bad day/night cycle. The night is not that dark. *
28. No dynamic weather cycle.  (I want snow on Christmas please 🙂 ) *
29. Doors on cars can not stay open.

* Probably has to do with the engine.

Edited by Vanten
Clarifications
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Vanten said:

Little annoying things everyone knows, that should be fixed or added.

1. Indestructible lamp posts
2. Not being able to see name tags through [big destructible] gates.
3. Hijacking AI vehicles will leave the AI drivers just standing in the middle of the road until they disappear.
4. You can not walk through AI pedestrians.
5. If an AI vehicle is hit and moves out of its driving path, it will just stop forever rather than correct its position and continue.
6. Sometimes when you run next to another player or AI, your movements will no longer be smooth and you start to kind off "lag" when you run.
7. At some doors there is a small gap where you can throw grenades through, or even shoot through.
9. Sometimes when rockets hits the enemy directly on the body, they will take less damage. 
9. Driving over a placed shield will sometimes make the car go flying (even though it could be fun at times 🙂 ).
11. AI vehicles can sometimes kill you if they hit you (cause of death: Suicide). Or you can turn it around and say that AI vehicles can not kill you at all even if they run you over at full speed.
12. AI vehicles will sometimes not stop when you shoot at them.
13. Sometimes you are not being able to enter a mailbox, car spawn, ammunition supply, ammunition stations or similar even if you are standing right next to it.
14. You can not delete all mails at once. If you want to delete everything in your mail box you have to click on each individual one.
15. Sometimes you are not able to see the time remaining on your arrest (criminals).
16. Sometimes when you run with e.g EOL, Oscar, Volcano and more, at the same time you're firing, the action gets canceled and the weapon will stop shooting.
17. "Out of bounds" at places which you can get to easily and should really not be out of bounds.
18.  If AI pedestrians are scared, they will sometimes walk straight through a wall or a door and magically disappear.
19. Sometimes when you are driving up against a wall, your vehicle will crash or explode like it hit something invincible. Same with the train carts in Baylan fight club.
20.  At certain places you can see name tags through walls.
21. When districts are full, you have to spam to get in. There is no queue system.
22. You can e.g use the mouse wheel to shoot "faster". Aka macro players.
23. Destroyed items and dead AI pedestrians aren't synchronized between players and will therefore be at different places etc.
24. You can not take damage by fire.
25. Windows on vehicles and in general can not be cracked or destroyed by impacts or gunshots.
26. Headlights on vehicles does not work. *
27. Bad day/night cycle. The night is not that dark. *
28. No dynamic weather cycle.  (I want snow on Christmas please) *
29. Doors on cars can not stay open.

* Probably has to do with the engine.

1.    unfortunately how they were made as were phone booths....needs a destructible update for them
2.    sometimes i can sometimes i cant either way it needs a fix so i stop killing teammates
3.    has to do with Ai needing an update to run away , graphics and behaviors etc.
4.    supposed to be real people this isn't wrong...but its also why i shoot them
5.    yes this is annoying and needs an update like either them moving or a tow truck update for APB ( working one please id love to take opponents cars n haul them or even clan leaders rofl )
6.    yes this happens its so annoying that it does this to me.
7.    yes this happens its an exploit people use when they know they suck - report them.
8.    have not seen this but have herd about this - uncertain.
9.    you forgot to mention something..... does not have to be in mission and can be anyone's shield.....happens with ammo boxes as well.
10.  there is no ten?!?!
11.  yes AI kills me in cars its annoying.... but if it was updated to where it does a more realistic thing like partial damage to be more immersive I wouldn't mind ( we were taught to not play in traffic )
12.  yes this happens but for immersive reasons AI should drive away instead.....and possibly kill ops or ram cars stopping other AI cars  etc
13.  has to do with hitboxes for objects - engine update should make this fixable.
14.  Mail update will make it selectable for what mails to delete or all of them etc.....not sure if update for engine is needed or not first however willing to bet engine update will make it smoother regardless.
15.  yes this happens makes it difficult to plan this accordingly for people - not sure why it happens  yet.
16.  yes this happens at times no idea why yet.
17.  out of bounds had a lot of bug at first and clearly not all were found..... G1 made out of bounds to prevent glitching the objective items so fair play can happen.
18.  at least they're out of my way running to me is annoying when i shot at them first. now THAT is annoying.
19.  has to do with a indestructible object glitch. no idea how to fix this yet.
20.  this was mentioned by people on what causes it like the mailboxes doing it..... but its been happening by different means apparently and they only found one of the ways it happens so far.
21.  absolutely needs a system update for this
22.  tested this before to see if this exploit rumor is true so I could report it if it does.... it does not work for me.
23.  yes a synch needs to be done for things it makes navigation by mic to  our teams a little harder because of it
24.  needs an update for behavior etc so that this would be done..... more immersion would make APB  more enjoyable.
25.  how i would love to be able to have destroyable windows after 2 or 3 shots......immersion would cause a strategy and skill needed and would be awesome for gameplay with this.
26.  yes needs a update for immersion....... would make seeing movement at night interesting. would love this.
27.  has to do with how g1 "optimized" for low end computers. the old graphics were so much better and night was night ... miss it.....needs update after engine
28.  "WE" want snow for christmas..... and rain...and slick roads for ice/rain...... immersion and skill driving would be funner then. other games have had these and they're fun for it.
29.  would love to be able to jump out when fighting and not have a shut door so i can jump back in...... immersion needed so APB feels more alive.
  • Thanks 1

Ability to ride the boats in waterfront. Is that what u gonna need next?

Edited by Defibrillator

On 10/8/2018 at 1:02 PM, Defibrillator said:

do i get a ship captains hat update with it?

edit : marked down for wanting a ships captain hat now too? you guys hate me for any excuse rofl

Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vanten said:

LITTLE ANNOYING THINGS

little orbit

Edited by BXNNXD
:^)
  • Like 1

not sure how they gonna make it snow on christmas in little time WITHOUT POSTPONING anything related to UE3.5, would be cool to have next christmas in 2019 if the UE3.5 is actually a thing

4 minutes ago, Keshi said:

not sure how they gonna make it snow on christmas in little time WITHOUT POSTPONING anything related to UE3.5, would be cool to have next christmas in 2019 if the UE3.5 is actually a thing

no one expects it without the engine upgrade.
this is more of a to do  list really

57 minutes ago, Keshi said:

Go play gta online during christmas and new years. Snow everywhere if thats ur thing. 

And so? did you reported this to them or you want to farm reps?

Edited by EMilika
those ware the minor bugs ive ever seen.

5 minutes ago, Fasalina said:
Go play gta online during christmas and new years. Snow everywhere if thats ur thing. 

Bruh dont say that, we can barely fill a single silver district on Jericho. We need every player we can get.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Keshi said:

Of course. This with the snow was more of a joke kinda. Would be cool though 

• Like 1

most of this is true yeah , but should have been posted in bug reports.

Edited by Ketog

11 hours ago, Vanten said:

Pretty sure that's flak jacket
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, K3i said:
12 hours ago, Vanten said:

Pretty sure that's flak jacket
I’m pretty sure it is not because people have flak jackets. For me it has happend to people without it.
55 minutes ago, Ketog said:

most of this is true yeah , but should have been posted in bug reports.

Sure. But many of these are not really bugs. I see this as annoying things in general which people can discuss.

12 hours ago, Vanten said:

This are pedestrians spawners. I mean - this pedestrians needs to appear from somewhere. Edited by Mitne

3 minutes ago, Mitne said:
This are pedestrians spawners. I mean - this pedestrians needs to appear from somewhere.
Yes. And I don’t really know how else they would do it, but it is still quite a weird thing to see 🙂

4/29 are things I actually find annoying and care about.
Also you use the word "AI" way too often, this was never meant to be a PvE game.

Edited by TheHidden-Tember

13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
13 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

do i get a ship captains hat update with it?
Asking the right questions.

ima just cherry pick here; 

14 hours ago, Vanten said:

Highjack more. They can be removed/killed by their own vehicle. It is a favourite past-time of mine to find the pleasant AIs sit in their shitheap and blast their horns for no reason, pull them out of that shitheap and then run them over with that same shitheap. 

4. You can not walk through AI pedestrians.

No. You can't ask for immersion/realism on the one hand then want ghost AI civilians on the other. Solid AIs are good and even better are the different replies they give you when you bump into them. Nothing like not feeling bad for "accidentally" plowing through a group of them after they shoot their mouth off at you for walking too close to them. 

Again, watch and learn more. They do commence driving again albeit with teleportation and the grace of an eight legged elephant but AI vehicles will correct themselves after a while as long as everyone leaves them alone. Which barely happens because they were knocked off route for being in a busy area and it doesn't get less busy so easily. 

6. Sometimes when you run next to another player or AI, your movements will no longer be smooth and you start to kind off "lag" when you run.

giphy.gif

25.  how i would love to be able to have destroyable windows after 2 or 3 shots......immersion would cause a strategy and skill needed and would be awesome for gameplay with this.

No. APB is not GTA. Don't make it GTA. This is just another "I want to OCA everything" strat. Killing people inside working vehicles is not the way to go. AV weapons exist for a reason. Giving weakling weapons the chance to nullify the safety of a vehicle basically nullifies AV weapons ruining a whole giant piece of the weapons pie.

And to add: 

30. Stop the AI from blasting the mother loving horn, a few toots is fine but some of them near fall alseep on the wheel and it upsets my precious little ears. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu

People still thinking wheel/macro shooting is faster. What a meme.

U forgot, Sometimes when you get out of the car you fall into the ground.
and
Sometimes when you get out of the car you get out on the wrong side.

1 hour ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

4/29 are things I actually find annoying and care about.
Also you use the word "AI" way too often, this was never meant to be a PvE game.

This is a PvP game, and was meant to be. As the title says, these things are quite small (except a few maybe), and doesnt really matter that much. But the AIs are still important to give streets of San Paro some life, and Therefore I think that they should be some what more realistic in the problems I mentioned.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Fasalina said:

nah, its more of a cool feature to have but not needed u know

On 10/8/2018 at 8:27 PM, Vanten said:

8. Rocket launchers will sometimes fire the rockets in the wrong direction.

It happens when you are too close to cover, and not only rockets, grenades and anything you can actually throw which is a bit annoying.

Edited by Sameriah

On 10/8/2018 at 8:27 PM, Vanten said:

Pretty sure this is exclusive to the volcano

3 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Pretty sure this is exclusive to the volcano

it happens with all rockets and grenades, i assume its some sort of “feature” implemented so that you don’t you're awesome on invisible parts of hit boxes

unless op is talking about a separate issue

• Like 1