Kittara

WEAPON NERFING

I'd like to try and start a petition to heavily nerf the Volcano. It has constantly been the bane of the existence of all new players, including some players who can't afford to buy joker boxes or don't have the time to farm all the money. During seize missions, players constantly use car surfer and a volcano in order to destroy all vehicles with no way of veering around it since it fires two shots in rapid succession. As such, I would like to offer a few suggestions to nerf it. To start off, the modification states that it fires two mini rockets instead of a regular one (OSMAW). That said, I think the damage of each missile should be heavily reduced so that it doesn't kill you right away, but instead requires the side arm to be used as a finisher. Secondly, I recommend increasing the charge and/or time. It takes no time at all to charge it up and fire, making rushing a futile option. Finally, I would like it to be only able to fire one missile at a time with out having to reload. That way, it keeps its unique two mini-rocket perk, but doesn't make it a two round burst RPG.

TL;DR: Less damage to players, longer charge and reload time making rushing a viable option, and remove the two missiles in one click function to make it two per "mag".

• Like 1

Volcano is totally fine... u have to hit both rockets...

if they would nerf it ppl just go back to OSMAW what is still 1 shotting cars and u can get it at R195.

cya in ur nerf OSMAW thread o/ 

• Like 1

It deals 1227 damage per rocket, and fires 2 rockets. Most mission vehicles have near or less health, meaning one rocket is enough to disable or destroy them. Having two rockets means there's no escaping. Now, I don't think it's OP overall, it's just better at destroying vehicles than the OSMAW and other anti-vehicle weapons.

The biggest issue with all anti-vehicle weapons is you can car surf with them, acting as a mobile anti-vehicle turret. If you could not car surf with anti-vehicle weapons, the Volcano wouldn't be as versatile with the slow movement speed and windup.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

23 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

If you could not car surf with anti-vehicle weapons, the Volcano wouldn't be as versatile with the slow movement speed and windup.

This would be a fair nerf. I say remove car surfing with any demo weapon, but OPGL can be avoided, so maybe stick to OSMAW and Volcano having that ability removed.

On 10/13/2018 at 12:10 PM, Kittara said:

This would be a fair nerf. I say remove car surfing with any demo weapon, but OPGL can be avoided, so maybe stick to OSMAW and Volcano having that ability removed.

You can use the OPGL out of a vehicle's window, plus it's not really designed to be an AV weapon.