CookiePuss

APB player base hits all time low?

6 hours ago, LordVegeta said:

Im not even talking about the G1 Launcher, dude. Your response has nothing to do what I said earlier. Like I said you need to read before responding because clearly you have no idea what I'm talking about. 

You're either talking about G1's launcher, APB's launcher, Steam, or launchers in general. Three out of 4 I have talked about, you keep telling me I need to read, sorry but read fookin what?

You only mentioned an "application to start an application" and I am the one causing miscommunication? Give some clarity about what you're trying to say if you phrase it ever so poorly or create a context where a reader could extract it from. In case you try to bash on steam, LO and G1 before them alike are only half balling it on steam. Otherwise you'd have the comfort of auto-updating etc, which causes them to keep their own launcher and updating services (Even though steam offers better service there, for free).

Unless you're joking about using any form of OS, you have lost me and it annoys me because it reminds me of talking to all knowing teenagers which can say anything without saying anything. E.g. You know, the stuff! Gawd.

Edited by Slickmund

On 10/7/2018 at 10:44 PM, CookiePuss said:

Just looked at the steam charts... averaging less than a thousand players on all servers.
Cant seem to find any point in the entire history of APB / APB: Reloaded in which the numbers have dipped this low.
NqVohRg.png
Please tell me Im missing something cuz if not, 
6fSBdUH.gif

This does look bad, but the same thing could have been said back in 2017 and 2016 (and probably was said then). It's just that times are changing and so is what interests people. Look at SCUM for example. Had around 65.3k players at the start of september and now it has around 7.5k players. Sure the playerbase isn't as low as apb, and they aren't even related, but in just the space of just a little over a month, it lost more than 85% of its playerbase. It's going to be tough to increase the player count of a game that first came out in 2011 (I apologise in advance if this is wrong), and has the characteristics of a game from that time, going up against games of today. Moreover, it's going to be even more tough to retain a consistent playerbase, especially as games today have a one-month spotlight of fame before dissappearing into the void

tl;dr - true but same could have been said in previous years

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

1 hour ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

This does look bad, but the same thing could have been said back in 2017 and 2016 (and probably was said then). It's just that times are changing and so is what interests people. Look at SCUM for example. Had around 65.3k players at the start of september and now it has around 7.5k players. Sure the playerbase isn't as low as apb, and they aren't even related, but in just the space of just a little over a month, it lost more than 85% of its playerbase. It's going to be tough to increase the player count of a game that first came out in 2011 (I apologise in advance if this is wrong), and has the characteristics of a game from that time, going up against games of today. Moreover, it's going to be even more tough to retain a consistent playerbase, especially as games today have a one-month spotlight of fame before dissappearing into the void

tl;dr - true but same could have been said in previous years

This is the real definition of Dead

1y51.png

8 hours ago, Slickmund said:

You're either talking about G1's launcher, APB's launcher, Steam, or launchers in general. Three out of 4 I have talked about, you keep telling me I need to read, sorry but read fookin what?

You only mentioned an "application to start an application" and I am the one causing miscommunication? Give some clarity about what you're trying to say if you phrase it ever so poorly or create a context where a reader could extract it from. In case you try to bash on steam, LO and G1 before them alike are only half balling it on steam. Otherwise you'd have the comfort of auto-updating etc, which causes them to keep their own launcher and updating services (Even though steam offers better service there, for free).

Unless you're joking about using any form of OS, you have lost me and it annoys me because it reminds me of talking to all knowing teenagers which can say anything without saying anything. E.g. You know, the stuff! Gawd.

just stop responding. Like I said you have no idea what im talking about. 

While this is true, I think it's a mistake to assume LO wasn't planning on this. APB was not going to be instantly be okay after they bought it, and they had to know that it would take them awhile to update the game. It helps that they seemed entirely self aware of how difficult this would be when they started. These are the lead-up months, where we have a slight playerbase increase at the start but back down to normal/less-than-normal in a few months. During this time, LO is doing its best to keep SOME people playing while they work on making the game 'better': gun balance improvements, engine upgrades, the works. They already spent the money to acquire the game, this is all or nothing for them. I expect they're working their asses off.

After the game is at a point where they feel it can be marketed again (AKA, when the engine upgrades are finished and balance is at a point they feel comfortable at), I expect that is when we'll see LO try a huge last ditch effort - marketing/promoting a significant update, either because of a huge new gamemode or something else. Maybe even give APB a new name.

Not even trolling, I honestly 100% expect it to be Battle Royale. The full customization of the characters, vehicles, and guns... The third person perspective is there. I don't like it but I feel like it's inevitable. 

4 hours ago, YumaKirosaki said:

While this is true, I think it's a mistake to assume LO wasn't planning on this. APB was not going to be instantly be okay after they bought it, and they had to know that it would take them awhile to update the game. It helps that they seemed entirely self aware of how difficult this would be when they started. These are the lead-up months, where we have a slight playerbase increase at the start but back down to normal/less-than-normal in a few months. During this time, LO is doing its best to keep SOME people playing while they work on making the game 'better': gun balance improvements, engine upgrades, the works. They already spent the money to acquire the game, this is all or nothing for them. I expect they're working their asses off.

After the game is at a point where they feel it can be marketed again (AKA, when the engine upgrades are finished and balance is at a point they feel comfortable at), I expect that is when we'll see LO try a huge last ditch effort - marketing/promoting a significant update, either because of a huge new gamemode or something else. Maybe even give APB a new name.

Not even trolling, I honestly 100% expect it to be Battle Royale. The full customization of the characters, vehicles, and guns... The third person perspective is there. I don't like it but I feel like it's inevitable. 

I agree with you. I had some time to think about this and at first I thought there might be a state of panic in the LO offices that was probably a result of some of the panic that was here with the player base. That might not be the case at all (right now) with LO.

If they bought the game they had to have known beforehand the likelihood that they would operate at a loss for a while before they could bring the game back up to speed in the way they want it and also to gain customers and past customers. 

They have in my opinion been alot better to us than G1 in that they will talk to us, I mean even the CEO talks to the player base and that to me is a big deal. They are trying things out and letting us know, they make mistakes and they own up to it and admit it. I remember hearing in the past here "working as intended" when in fact they made a mistake and couldn't even admit it (G1 I mean).

We live in a very "instant gratification" society these days where everything has to be now! NOW! NOW!!! Which is why I think G1 was given so many years to get their act together and LO is getting barely 6 months to do the same.

For me I am going to ride it out and see where this goes.

Edited by Kadama

Still havent had the all server merge. Worry whence that time comes.

imo all they need to do is to finish U.E and after they will finish 4.0 version upgrade re-launch game with marketing campaign go to some big events to present game like Gamescom, etc... and present it in U.E 4.0 cause the game will get it one day anyway because support for 3.5 is slowly dying already.... it might hit some player potentially this kind of marketing and advertisement..

On 10/7/2018 at 5:44 PM, CookiePuss said:

Just looked at the steam charts... averaging less than a thousand players on all servers.
Cant seem to find any point in the entire history of APB / APB: Reloaded in which the numbers have dipped this low.
NqVohRg.png
Please tell me Im missing something cuz if not, 
6fSBdUH.gif

Mx5x.gif

oh look another "games dead thread" 

weebs will never let this game die sir

I swear some of you people have nothing better to do than looking at steam charts all day long

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ezmegaz68 said:

I swear some of you people have nothing better to do than looking at steam charts all day long

Well it IS more fun than the game itself.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If you find more fun in "looking at steam charts all day long" than the game itself, I feel bad for you, truly.

5 minutes ago, Rapid said:

If you find more fun in "looking at steam charts all day long" than the game itself, I feel bad for you, truly.

Thanks homie.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I wonder then what you are doing here.

There are thousand communites and games out there.

Edited by Mitne

20 minutes ago, Mitne said:

I wonder then what you are doing here.

There are thousand communites and games out there.

Been playing a lot of Overwatch lately.

Might grab Black Ops as well.

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Been playing a lot of Overwatch lately.

Might grab Black Ops as well.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.... Overwatch. The game is so brain dead.

Check out SCUM.

Remember... It is in SUPER Early Access Alpha.

Edited by Nymphi--DoubleDee

Been watching that game (SCUM) looks pretty promising.

the game was playable all 8 years . the problem with the loss of customers and losses of the company is solved by one solution - to remove GOLD from silver and bronze areas .

Gold Districts Suck

Started by Strongzata, Feb 26 2012 07:04 PM

Gold Districts are No Fun they either have one of the fallowing things

Clan Groups - very hard to deal with randoms pub groups
Macro Jokers - common as hell the nerf didnt do much either
Ghosters - all the freaking time i get griefed by out of mission by clan mates or just douche bags in trucks
Aim Botters- Rare to find these days but they still out there.
Uneven matchs - typicaly out numbered or out ranked groups example 2Gold 3Silver Enforcers Vs 5 Gold Criminals.
Osmaw Trolls - Alot of missions and finals end up being at least one noob with a rocket.

Every time i play gold districts i get angry pissed and lose any fun i was having due to one of these or more in each mission. if you dont pick a gold district you lose money which is stupid. i just want good fair even matched missions i dont want to fight a bunch of try hards using macros and ghosters to help them win. If i play in lower districts i have more fun and i try to help low enforcers alot of the time i offer help and no takes it. im not looking to fight hordes of noobs thats not fun or challenging.

Sucks being stuck as perma gold 195 enforcer the system makes it out that im a super awesome player that can take on anyone and thats not the case, i should be a high silver on the old ranking system i was about a 10 out a 15. the new system SUCKS and most of the time i cant get back up or when i do its useless or AFK.

Yeah Rant Rage Troll w/e i know im not the only one who noticed this. 

Like This

Strongzata 215 Gold Enforcer Colby West 1200+ Hours RTW Original Gangster.

T5kQQDXUwx.jpg

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/259085-gold-districts-suck/?p=2471891

Edited by Yood

1 hour ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Check out SCUM.

yea like theres no 1000 games like this

11 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

super early games :DDD like over 9 million games.

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Really? Name me one MMO that uses in depth metabolism, diseases and other health defects (Vitamin deficiency for one), dynamic character model changes based on diet and exercise, realistic bullet physics, and fairly real Camouflage.