CookiePuss

APB player base hits all time low?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
2nd world countries have the strangest customs.
 But you do you homie.
Atleast we have proper education and less heart diseases. lel
On a serious note didn't you learn sarcasm in Harvard?
i'm suggesting you
Edited by EMilika

2 minutes ago, EMilika said:
Come, lets us dance your national dance!
rEXM1Tv.gif

5 minutes ago, EMilika said:
i'm suggesting you

[video]
i hope you paid your meme tax on that, kyle 
  • Like 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:
rEXM1Tv.gif
tenor.gif?itemid=8206013
Sadly you trash don't even know geography

2 minutes ago, EMilika said:
tenor.gif?itemid=8206013
Sadly you trash don't even know geography
This
man
is
a
national
treasure.

Honestly I don't even look at Steam charts for in game info. I just get on and ready up for missions in whatever district i'm in. I dont usually have to wait longer than 5 minutes to find a match which is completely fine for me. while the population is not high, I for the most part enjoy the people I play with and against. While i do believe there are still issues such as cheaters (haven't seen too many since i've been back) and imbalance in terms of gun performance, I enjoy it. I have most of the joker box weapons i want (only really missing the Yukon and condor) but I enjoy using the n-tec 5 stock with no mods, so ive been spending more time with that. All in all the game is exactly what i thought it would be when i got back into it: imperfect but hella fun, and I've even found a good group of people to play with. There are definitely things I would change, and I hope Little Orbit will do differently to make the game better, and yes the game may die today, tomorrow, or in the near future. But, I'm gonna enjoy whatever time I have left on the game as much as possible. Hope everyone can get passed these statistics and enjoy the game for what it is. Sorry if this post comes across as a white knight post, BE GENTLE, I PROMISE ILL BE GOOD.

5 hours ago, Clandestine said:
I went as far as spraying Shaw into "Spray" objective while poor Dopefish started sending me instructions what should I press.
I'll give your events a try maybe this friday. I'm gonna find you 😎
  Not a bad idea but APB needs safe tutorial districts otherwise people will get farmed and flee again.
Lol that's so funny. GTAV has a huge RP community maybe that's what APB needs lol.

@cookiepuss I'll pm you...

I reckon APB should kinda have players start in an instanced district where the player has just signed up to the enforcers.

You get led around by by an enforcer guy who shows you the moves and then a few mission things (battering rams etc).

Then he takes you on a mission where some criminal mastermind and his crew have just robbed a bank. You get into a car to give chase (and learn car controls).

The crims jump out the car and run behind some buildings. You give chase and your guy advises you to take cover in order to take the first three crims down. 

The main criminal should be a sniper and it should be impossible to approach him dead on. Your guy advises you to flank him to take him down. 

You flank around the back and get him. Rather than dying he is stunned. You arrest him and the npcs get into some dialogue about your enforcer guy being corrupt. Your enforcer starts saying that the criminal is too dangerous to be left alive as he'll just bribe his way to freedom.

You have a choice to make: Kill the enforcer to become a crim. Kill the crim to become an enforcer.

Now you know how Anakin Skywalker felt.

Then you have access to a district of new players who satisfy this criterior:

Account play time less than xx hours
All characters under level xx
All characters have a win % under xx percent.

TL:DR - Cat sat on mat Edited by WitchQueen
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

here comes the steam charts again..shockin like 3 days ago :classic_sleep:

Lol. Here comes more complaining about obvious things again that doesn't help anyone. And here comes useless data from steam again.

Just now, LordVegeta said:
51 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

here comes the steam charts again..shockin like 3 days ago :classic_sleep:

Lol. Here comes more complaining about obvious things again that doesn't help anyone. And here comes useless data from steam again.
They post this kind of crap to bump up theyre ego and forum post "counter"
so sad.
so bad.
git gut.
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, EMilika said:
so sad.
so bad.
git gut.
LoL. +REP

45 minutes ago, WitchQueen said:
Lol that's so funny. GTAV has a huge RP community maybe that's what APB needs lol.

@cookiepuss I'll pm you...

I reckon APB should kinda have players start in an instanced district where the player has just signed up to the enforcers.

You get led around by by an enforcer guy who shows you the moves and then a few mission things (battering rams etc).

Then he takes you on a mission where some criminal mastermind and his crew have just robbed a bank. You get into a car to give chase (and learn car controls).

The crims jump out the car and run behind some buildings. You give chase and your guy advises you to take cover in order to take the first three crims down. 

The main criminal should be a sniper and it should be impossible to approach him dead on. Your guy advises you to flank him to take him down. 

You flank around the back and get him. Rather than dying he is stunned. You arrest him and the npcs get into some dialogue about your enforcer guy being corrupt. Your enforcer starts saying that the criminal is too dangerous to be left alive as he'll just bribe his way to freedom.

You have a choice to make: Kill the enforcer to become a crim. Kill the crim to become an enforcer.

Now you know how Anakin Skywalker felt.

Then you have access to a district of new players who satisfy this criterior:

Account play time less than xx hours
All characters under level xx
All characters have a win % under xx percent.

TL:DR - Cat sat on mat
Seems like a good idea for tutorial.
I wish there was game mode similar to RTW with witness, dispatch etc. Maybe in APB 2 

2 hours ago, WitchQueen said:

APB always had more people when they could
sounds good to me
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EMilika said:
so sad.
so bad.
git gut.
Yet you post a load of inflammatory bollocks. If only your IQ was equal to your BMI so you could do more than remember to keep breathing. I choose to spend my money on my children than on toys to play online games, yet you the self-entitled dickhead choose to belittle people 1000% of your genetic value.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
rEXM1Tv.gif
you try that first.....
that much alcohol in his hands no idea how he didn't fall
looks fun though
Just now, Rogana said:
2 hours ago, EMilika said:
so sad.
so bad.
git gut.
Yet you post a load of inflammatory bollocks. If only your IQ was equal to your BMI so you could do more than remember to keep breathing. I choose to spend my money on my children than on toys to play online games, yet you the self-entitled dickhead choose to belittle people 1000% of your genetic value.
and you don't post at all unless you contradict yourself sigh

Just now, CookiePuss said:
Just now, Fortune Runner said:
you try that first.....
But that IS me!
cant be you
you're not drunk enough....
you still make sense lol

On 10/8/2018 at 8:58 AM, LordVegeta said:
why do you need do launch an application to launch an application? Hi, welcome to the Redundancy Department of Redundancy. 

To patch the game before you start the application. If you meant to say: "why do I need a application to launch an application to launch an application?", then you should have said so.
G1's launcher that launches an APB launcher that launches APB itself, is a bit redundant, but has its own reasons as well. You see, G1 bought a lot a of games rather than making them and probably planned on selling them off later if necessary and as such they didn't implement much personalization to the game when it comes to G1 Features, hence the browser based in game store and such. That way they could easily add features like in game shops without embedding much of it into the game, across many games with the same currency. 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:54 AM, LordVegeta said:
On 10/8/2018 at 9:40 AM, Slickmund said:

-

You don't even know what I am talking about at all. Read more before posting. 

I always make sure to read entire threads before posting, please dont assume fault would be at my end preemptively rather than considering discrepancies on your own end in conveying what you mean to say.

19 hours ago, neophobia said:
-
it was abt the g1 launcher, not the apb launcher.
Thanks for clarifying that.

I used to play C&C Renegade back in 2003, and the players there already made an Engine Upgrade of that game by themselves which took them years, its called "Renegade X" now and although they have less than 200 players on a peak while all the servers are empty on night time besides weekends, the game still exists after ~15 years, is just that there's no company behind it to run any sort of advertising campaigns at all, but it is a very good game with with 20vs20 players servers and some attempts to raise up their capacity to 32vs32 which seems to work fine while running on proper hardware.

But the point is that there is so few they can do for APB right now with such a small team imo, I believe that when there's a company managing a game then the marketing department seems to be ruling over the game designers and community management, and I'm not sure if these people play any games at all tbh, but that would explain why a game ends up relying on a 1% or 2% of its player base to survive while these game design decisions that could be based on their desires is what indeed killed the game for the rest of the players.

I haven't updated this game since the balance patch yet, because I honestly feel like some traces that Tiggs left behind are still influencing this game, particularly her "favorite" players who are not as nice as they show themselves externally when it comes to interact privately, and I tried to convince myself I'm wrong so I even attempted to take part of this game and its community again, but I regret it. We'll see what's next, best wishes for the new staff there LO.

14 hours ago, Slickmund said:

To patch the game before you start the application. If you meant to say: "why do I need a application to launch an application to launch an application?", then you should have said so.
G1's launcher that launches an APB launcher that launches APB itself, is a bit redundant, but has its own reasons as well. You see, G1 bought a lot a of games rather than making them and probably planned on selling them off later if necessary and as such they didn't implement much personalization to the game when it comes to G1 Features, hence the browser based in game store and such. That way they could easily add features like in game shops without embedding much of it into the game, across many games with the same currency. 

I always make sure to read entire threads before posting, please dont assume fault would be at my end preemptively rather than considering discrepancies on your own end in conveying what you mean to say.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Im not even talking about the G1 Launcher, dude. Your response has nothing to do what I said earlier. Like I said you need to read before responding because clearly you have no idea what I'm talking about. 

5 hours ago, Salvick said:

I haven't updated this game since the balance patch yet, because I honestly feel like some traces that Tiggs left behind are still influencing this game, particularly her "favorite" players who are not as nice as they show themselves externally when it comes to interact privately, and I tried to convince myself I'm wrong so I even attempted to take part of this game and its community again, but I regret it.

elaborate?

On 10/7/2018 at 2:44 PM, CookiePuss said:

Cant seem to find any point in the entire history of APB / APB: Reloaded in which the numbers have dipped this low.

Maybe if you scrolled down.......

qsjeeH4.png

1 hour ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Maybe if you scrolled down.......

[image]

pretty sure he already acknowledged the 20 player difference which is pretty negligible here considering april was right before the orbit acquisition, when it very much looked like g1 had given up and decided to let apb slowly wither like fallen earth

regardless of how i (or anyone else) feels about the effort orbit is putting in the population dropping to this level is a problem, and one that will only feed on itself as players that cant find opp leave, making it harder to find opp

Maybe, when the population surged... There shouldn't have been more Golds than Bronze in Bronze server......

Just my two cents.