CookiePuss

APB player base hits all time low?

4 hours ago, WitchQueen said:
Damn this is the funniest thing i've read for a while, bravo!

You guys shoukld come join in for a few events. Or even make your own. There's so much that can be done using APB as a playground rather than doing missions.

Most of the people I play APB with don't do missions at all we just do Car Club on Wednesday nights and Pay2Grief on Friday nights with a few other events here and there. They really are good fun and keep us in touch with the game whilst we wait for updates.

I keep hearing about this "Pay2Grief" thing. What exactly is it?

16 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

(Maybe motorbikes and horse in a special district, like racing district)

Promise me you will never change. 

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
I kind of feel like not being able to pay your employees without burning through whatever runway you have left is kind of important to talk about. But thats just me.

? is this some assumption or are there any facts that back that up? LO LLC had 5m annual sales prior to acquiring apb.
i kinda doubt they will have to rely on not paying their staff in near future and of course they might still be using budgets.
do you think they just acquired this game without any prior thought? they knew what they were in for, they most likely have seen the stats before too.
there has been no real campaigns to bring players in/back so far.

if it was looking supee dire, you'd see signs. there haven't sales every few weeks, there haven't been ads for other games etc and other things unlike from g1 yet.

they are working on it, as you can see.
6 hours ago, Slickmund said:

To patch the game before you start the application. Its automated patching. It is really simple. Go watch Dbz

it was abt the g1 launcher, not the apb launcher. Edited by neophobia

i know at least 10 ppl that arent even bothering to play apb on jericho because u cant rank up due to low pop, and im sure theres more being effected the same way.

other than that, people had way too high expectations. upon announcement of the engine upgrade I kept reading people hoping that the game would be upgraded to UE4 by the end of the year... lol

i dont even think a AAA development team could manage to get a game like apb upgraded to UE4 in a few months..

17 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Told you nerds for months already. APB is a 9 year old game where even a miracle cannot save it. Its time has gone and past, LO was just a delay on the inevitable. 

Though as I have always said. It is quite impressive that APB has managed to hold a decent ratio of players for this long compared to how it started. Especially considering APB was never that big to begin with.

Sad truth

1 hour ago, neophobia said:
? is this some assumption or are there any facts that back that up? LO LLC had 5m annual sales prior to acquiring apb.
i kinda doubt they will have to rely on not paying their staff in near future and of course they might still be using budgets.
do you think they just acquired this game without any prior thought? they knew what they were in for, they most likely have seen the stats before too.
there has been no real campaigns to bring players in/back so far.

if it was looking supee dire, you'd see signs. there haven't sales every few weeks, there haven't been ads for other games etc and other things unlike from g1 yet.

they are working on it, as you can see. it was abt the g1 launcher, not the apb launcher.
LO did like 4.5 mil in business annually yes. To put that into context, G1 did 2.7mil. And of course these numbers have nothing to do with profit.
My only point is LO's investment is likely not turning a profit at the moment. G1 hadn't turned a profit in over two years and had more players, while LO has more than twice the staff as G1 and less players.

And again, this concerns me. Im not gloating, Im not complaining... Im worried.

Edited by CookiePuss

Well LO didn't do much for this game up to now so if the game doesn't drastically change this unfortunately is the trend.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
14 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

Just wait people argumenting that everything is fine and that lo made in a few days what g1 didnt in years.

1:Q Well they have lowered the population further than its ever been.
1:A  I'm pretty sure they do'not,even if they do unintentionally,[ my thought about you and qeers ] theres more harm from people with attitude like you. 
Lets be honest, who like people in Action movies who "cry we all gonna diiiieeeeeeee tears... qqqq " that's you my friend. Edited by EMilika

Just now, EMilika said:
I'm pretty sure they do'not,even if they do unintentionally,theres more harm from people with attitude like you. 
Lets be honest, who like people in Action movies who "cry we all gonna diiiieeeeeeee tears... qqqq " that's you my friend.
Im sorry my guy, I just cant understand what you are trying to say.
Maybe try google translate?

Doesn't help that since the last update I've not been able to log in because  trying to launch APB now crashes my computer. Thinking of giving it up as a bad job.

Just now, Rogana said:

Doesn't help that since the last update I've not been able to log in because  trying to launch APB now crashes my computer. Thinking of giving it up as a bad job.

Are you using Steam, because if you do that shouldn't be a problem to reinstal or verify integrity files.

3 minutes ago, EMilika said:
5 minutes ago, Rogana said:

Are you using Steam, because if you do that shouldn't be a problem to reinstal or verify integrity files.
LOL My computer struggles to run APB let alone steam at the same time. I am guessing that Little Orbit give as much of a flying fuck as G1 did about anyone still running 2010 hardware to play a 2010 game. Edited by Rogana

Here's the real, hard truth.

The game being 9 years old means nothing, look at FFXI, WoW, and FFXIV, subscription model games which have improved and taken different forms with the releases of expansions over and over, is it the same core game? Yes, definitely. FFXIV 4.x still runs on FFXIV 1.x's broken codebase, but they can still produce content and change how the game functions on a fundamental level in 2 years, something APB hasn't had in the past 8 years. 🤔

Until we get devs that don't break things every update and think they can use RPCs for everything, regardless of if it's something client/server exclusive or important data (e.g. FF & BE), this game won't get better. Figure out how RPCs work, figure out server and client replicated fields, put the devs through a UE game development course if you need to, this isn't rocket science. Is the codebase bad? Yes, that's a fair excuse, but I wouldn't say your code is any better, ex-Reloaded.

Just now, Rogana said:
LOL My computer struggles to run APB let alone steam at the same time. I am guessing that Little Orbit give as much of a flying fuck as G1 did about anyone still running 2010 hardware to play a 2010 game.
Huh? are your ape brain are still from 2010 too? Steam api is more modern and updated and not even comsuming any resources. Edited by EMilika

13 minutes ago, EMilika said:
1:A  I'm pretty sure they do'not,even if they do unintentionally,[ my thought about you and qeers ] theres more harm from people with attitude like you. 
Lets be honest, who like people in Action movies who "cry we all gonna diiiieeeeeeee tears... qqqq " that's you my friend.
I like a movie with good drama, also a good forum is made with good drama.
How do you think shit changes and nerfs have brought apb to the pit? With countless tears of shitty players. Edited by Excalibur!

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

How do you think shit changes and nerfs have brought apb to the pit? With countless tears of shitty players.
And for that Katchwi, we thank you.
By the way, whens the next post bitching about the carbine?

1 minute ago, EMilika said:
Huh? are your ape brain are still from 2010 too? Steam api is more modern and updated and not even comsuming any resources.
I guess you are typical of the people in game who tried to tell me that having a 32 bit system made no difference to APB's performance. They didn't have a clue that you needed to jury rig the computer to use more than 2GB of ram in order to avoid constant out of memory crashes with APB. I tried running APB through steam without success because prior to making the system changes to allow the computer to dedicate 3Gb of RAM to APB it made the memory crashes happen far quicker. So with all due respect, the empirical evidence is that your statement is absolute bollocks.

Just now, Rogana said:
6 minutes ago, EMilika said:
Huh? are your ape brain are still from 2010 too? Steam api is more modern and updated and not even comsuming any resources.
I guess you are typical of the people in game who tried to tell me that having a 32 bit system made no difference to APB's performance. They didn't have a clue that you needed to jury rig the computer to use more than 2GB of ram in order to avoid constant out of memory crashes with APB. I tried running APB through steam without success because prior to making the system changes to allow the computer to dedicate 3Gb of RAM to APB it made the memory crashes happen far quicker. So with all due respect, the empirical evidence is that your statement is absolute bollocks.
Bro i will not tell you how i feel about poor people, but geezas chris had better pc in 0000AD 
And people in zimbabwe have atleast 4gb of ram and intel pentiums.

I despice people like you aka console peasants drag down the games industries.  Edited by EMilika

8 minutes ago, EMilika said:

Bro i will not tell you how i feel about poor people, but geezas chris had better pc in 0000AD 
And people in zimbabwe have atleast 4gb of ram and intel pentiums.

I despice people like you aka console peasants drag down the games industries. 

you seem like the kind of annoying "suburbian" who brags about how much his riding mower cost

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
you seem like the kind of annoying "suburbian" who brags about how much his riding mower cost

NO it's not. Its riddicious that people ask Developers of games that they should lower graphic or whatever so the people could play with shitty pc's
Why? why should i enjoy downgrading so peasants could play it 30fps in they're crapconsoles.

Look at how they ruined Warthunder with Old pc setings what didnt render gras tress ETC and people used this to theyre advantages! 
nonononon. Edited by EMilika
Not to mention downgrading graphic to big AAA games.

2 minutes ago, EMilika said:
NO it's not. Its riddicious that people ask Developers of games that they should lower graphic or whatever so the people could play with shitty pc's
Why? why should i enjoy downgrading so peasants could play it 30fps in they're crapconsoles.
yeah kyle we get it, you put the mower on your instore credit and paid it off in 6 months for no interest

you dont have to cut your grass every day to prove you bought a cool lawn mower
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
yeah kyle we get it, you put the mower on your instore credit and paid it off in 6 months for no interest

you dont have to cut your grass every day to prove you bought a cool lawn mower
You are just Old go back to yours 1930's
It's innovation century, flat screens,LED, etc
Let young people enjoy theyre privilegies. Edited by EMilika
Don't make me roll in dirt like you because you don't wan't to get up.

9 minutes ago, EMilika said:
Let young people enjoy theyre privilegies.
I just hope you thanked your mom for buying it for you.

It's still incredible that APB lives for almost 10 years now considering it only received updates for like one or two years.

Just shows how much potential the game has, yet none of the three developers were using it.

Just now, CookiePuss said:
7 minutes ago, EMilika said:
Let young people enjoy theyre privilegies.
I just hope you thanked your mom for buying it for you.
And my car and my dog and she even got me a wife. 
Thanks cap.

1 minute ago, EMilika said:
And my car and my dog and she even got me a wife. 
Thanks cap.
2nd world countries have the strangest customs.
But you do you homie.