CookiePuss

APB player base hits all time low?

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Just looked at the steam charts... averaging less than a thousand players on all servers.
Cant seem to find any point in the entire history of APB / APB: Reloaded in which the numbers have dipped this low.
NqVohRg.png
Please tell me Im missing something cuz if not, 
6fSBdUH.gif

how is it so hard to just scroll down on the webpage you are just showing? it was actually lower than this 5/6 months ago, just before lo took over

so no, your clickbait title is wrong
and it is quite easy to find a point like that.

it definitely is low though. idk, lo takeover can't stop the constant drop forever. also there isn't much content coming that would keep people playing. it's not like 90% quit because they got scammed on social through a fake trade or because g1 personally upset/banned them. 
U3Df6XC.jpg Edited by neophobia

5 minutes ago, neophobia said:
how is it so hard to just scroll down on the webpage you are just showing? it was actually lower than this 5/6 months ago, just before lo took over

so no, your clickbait title is wrong
and it is quite easy to find a point like that.

it definitely is low though. idk, lo takeover can't stop the constant drop forever. also there isn't much content coming that would keep people playing. it's not like 90% quit because they got scammed on social through a fake trade or because g1 personally upset/banned them. 
U3Df6XC.jpg
Oh shit thank god... and here I was thinking APB was in some kind of trouble.

Arbitrary selections aside, I'll guess I'll see you in 27.8 players! 
Fb43JaG.gif

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
Oh shit thank god... and here I was thinking APB was in some kind of trouble.

Arbitrary selections aside, I'll guess I'll see you in 27.8 players! 
Fb43JaG.gif

hey, if you'd just read, i did say i realize it is low

and i did mention that it is a constant drop

however, what you stated is factually wrong.

you are definitely one month early and in that time stuff can happen.

also albeit not bringing in new players the updates lo does rn are very important though.

since only upgrading performance and graphics won't make people say that it's a good and polished experience/game that is worth playing, if it still has the same old flawed systems.
however, while this might all help retain new people to some degree, bringing old players back will require new content - and the other updates should help retaining them. trading and matchmaking alone won't bring people in.

sadly there is work to be done on every side.
and mindlessly complaining - making a wild guess here - probably won't help

1 minute ago, neophobia said:

and mindlessly complaining - making a wild guess here - probably won't help
We shouldn't complain if choices are being made that are killing the game?
Not that I was complaining, I was just checking the steam charts. But since you brought it up, what do you think our role as consumers is?

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
We shouldn't complain if choices are being made that are killing the game?
Not that I was complaining, I was just checking the steam charts. But since you brought it up, what do you think our role as consumers is?
which choices are being made that kill the game? fixing systems? adding systems? oris this still about shotguns?

there are no reasons why the numbers would be rising rn, there is no advertising done by lo - because there isn't much to advertise yet - there is no new content yet - but they are laying a good base here.
should they just bash out unfinished stuff to somehow bring in people that will just see the same old stuff? surely that is gonna work out great.

the role of consumers is to consume and fall for marketing fads/hypes these days. and have an occassional uproar about anything that slowly crept into market but that won't change much.

complaining and feedback is good but "muh playernumbers" is just nonsense. they are/should be fully aware since this is their product though. Edited by neophobia

1 minute ago, neophobia said:
which choices are being made that kill the game? fixing systems? adding systems? oris this still about shotguns?

there are no reasons why the numbers would be rising rn, there is no advertising done by lo - because there isn't much to advertise yet - there is no new content yet - but they are laying a good base here.
should they just bash out unfinished stuff to somehow bring in people that will just see the same old stuff? surely that is gonna work out great.

the role of consumers is to consume and fall for marketing fads/hypes these days. and have an occassional uproar about anything that slowly crept into market but that won't change much.

complaining and feedback is good but "muh playernumbers" is just nonsense. they are/should be fully aware since this is their product though.
I kind of feel like not being able to pay your employees without burning through whatever runway you have left is kind of important to talk about. But thats just me.

Yes, yes, ofc, the game is doing fine. Its not that weapons been forced to be an airsoft pewpews. Defenitely not cuz of recent weapons ruining changes. Its all happening by nature cuz apb is old. Is not that people have realized where the game is heading to. No its fine. Forum warriors are pleasured so its all gucci.

this-is-fine-oc-im-okay-with-the-events-

But to be fair, many people are just waiting for engine upgrade, and will not log in untill there will be one. 

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Thanks 1

Like it was already stated, there isn't much of a reason for the numbers to grow right now. The engine upgrade is REQUIRED for new content, optimizations and the matchmaking to work correctly. As long as the population doesn't hit 0 before all major updates have been released with some new content (which is probably when LO will give APB some advertisement), it should be fine imo.

Also, we still do need to address the fact that the game is incredibly confusing and unfriendly to new players if they don't have a friend who is already playing for a while, to teach them the ropes. Without a solid tutorial system, there won't be many new players staying when they get thrown around by max rank veterans. You can't blame them for not staying either.

I have 3 real life friends who tried the game a few months back and they all said that they'd play it more after the engine upgrade.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Yeah the engine is the ultimate solution to every-problem apb ever had.

I feel like you're forgetting a /s

The way I see it , the worst thing they could do right now is go silent on us.  Any information at this point would go a long way to reassure the consumers that there is some progress with the projects they are trying to complete. A Progress Report or a "State of the Game" summary would do some good here as right now we have alot of folks looking at charts and getting worried.

I have more than enough friends outside this game who would want to try it but the excuses I get from alot of them being hesitant  is that they honestly think the game is on its last legs or other games down the road will leave this one in the dust or the community is horrible to new players.

I do hope LO can turn this around and I am not about to throw in the towel just yet. I'll be patient and see if the changes that come at the end of the year helps the situation.

25 dollar xbox gift card: SPEND ME ON THE ATAC PATROLLER FOR YA CRIM CHARACTER LIFETIME OR BUY A CHEAP ACC LIFETIME GUN
APB RELOADED: *At a all time low*
Me: This ain't it chief.
25 Dollar gift card: What?
Me: What?

Steam isn't even an accurate representation of the current pop. Your data is meaningless. 

16 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

Steam isn't even an accurate representation of the current pop. Your data is meaningless. 

Not really. Who the f still uses G1 launcher.

2 hours ago, Flaws said:

Like it was already stated, there isn't much of a reason for the numbers to grow right now. The engine upgrade is REQUIRED for new content, optimizations and the matchmaking to work correctly. As long as the population doesn't hit 0 before all major updates have been released with some new content (which is probably when LO will give APB some advertisement), it should be fine imo.

EU is absolutely crucial. Here's hoping that the EU will work, and will be followed up by a steady flow of content release. Or else it will be nothing more than a band-aid fix to temp-boost the pop.
2 hours ago, Flaws said:

Also, we still do need to address the fact that the game is incredibly confusing and unfriendly to new players if they don't have a friend who is already playing for a while, to teach them the ropes. Without a solid tutorial system, there won't be many new players staying when they get thrown around by max rank veterans. You can't blame them for not staying either.

Autodropped into silver district? Muddy and sometimes counter-intuitive gun-/mod stats/functionalities? Can't shoot through car windows? How to do objectives, pick-up/drop-off? Honestly, this game feels like a shit-fest for new, unassisted players.
2 hours ago, Flaws said:

I have 3 real life friends who tried the game a few months back and they all said that they'd play it more after the engine upgrade.

John-cleese-no.gif
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Signarly said:
19 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

Not really. Who the f still uses G1 launcher.
why do you need do launch an application to launch an application? Hi, welcome to the Redundancy Department of Redundancy. 
  • Like 1

To patch the game before you start the application. Its automated patching. It is really simple. Go watch Dbz

Im playing without stream never use it i think im not alone :). STill waiting for new content.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Been here since 2011, seen it all, made two dozen of alts, even started roleplaying a trainee that can't sprint when there was nothing new to do (that was fun tho)...

Damn this is the funniest thing i've read for a while, bravo!

You guys shoukld come join in for a few events. Or even make your own. There's so much that can be done using APB as a playground rather than doing missions.

Most of the people I play APB with don't do missions at all we just do Car Club on Wednesday nights and Pay2Grief on Friday nights with a few other events here and there. They really are good fun and keep us in touch with the game whilst we wait for updates.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Slickmund said:

To patch the game before you start the application. Its automated patching. It is really simple. Go watch Dbz

You don't even know what I am talking about at all. Read more before posting. 

LO jeezus ... turn on fifth gear ,click nitro button !!! Not gonna win againts time if ya go so slow.
005PVYs9jw1f2if5zxoytg30a005mkjt.gif

Once 3.5 releases, put some free premium and a weapon pack on Humble-bundle, boom population increase for a bit, use the increase to show off how much it has improved (and god damn it it have best improved) then ride the high tide to 4.0 and do the same again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WitchQueen said:
Damn this is the funniest thing i've read for a while, bravo!

You guys shoukld come join in for a few events. Or even make your own. There's so much that can be done using APB as a playground rather than doing missions.

Most of the people I play APB with don't do missions at all we just do Car Club on Wednesday nights and Pay2Grief on Friday nights with a few other events here and there. They really are good fun and keep us in touch with the game whilst we wait for updates.
I went as far as spraying Shaw into "Spray" objective while poor Dopefish started sending me instructions what should I press.
I'll give your events a try maybe this friday. I'm gonna find you 😎

45 minutes ago, Seadee said:

Once 3.5 releases, put some free premium and a weapon pack on Humble-bundle, boom population increase for a bit, use the increase to show off how much it has improved (and god damn it it have best improved) then ride the high tide to 4.0 and do the same again.

Not a bad idea but APB needs safe tutorial districts otherwise people will get farmed and flee again.
  • Like 1

Pve, New Content, Restore Ninjaripper users free.

Solved.

(Maybe motorbikes and horse in a special district, like racing district)

Super Solved.

Less crash during game, Real MM based on PC performance.

APB game of the year 2019.

One of the biggest population killer is probably the high expectations people have in the game.

When BE was implemented the were everyone seems happy with it, but a few weeks after when first cheaters slipped trough, people were complaining because they faced a cheater in districts.

It will be most likely the same with EU to UE 3.5.

I would love to see a smooth transition to UE 3.5 but this needs time, which APB R probably doesn’t have because of its age and state of the community. If the transition goes like the console release, LO might have a problem. Hopefully LO will also manage to implement district phasing to improve matchmaking asap after the EU. A new tutorial which isn’t a brick wall of text would also quite helpful. Of course new content will also come, because it is easier to implement in to the game. But all this are dreams of the future about a game that might raise up from the dead again.