Nitronik

IR3 presets - downgrade to IR1 as a band-aid fix?

It's clear that most IR3 presets got trashed by the patch. ATAC and CSG come to mind
Now, this isn't the first time it happens - but it usually was due to clearly OP weapons being brought back in line, which isn't quite the case here

I don't know what LO's plans are but as a bandaid fix I guess some ARMAS presets could have IR3 swapped out for IR1, as they work out what they want to do with them?
Not the best thing but it should help a little bit for the time being

• Like 4

That's why I buy open slotted weapons instead of preset ones if I have choice.
That way i'm protected from weapon mods changes.
Open-slotted ATAC all the way, too bad CSG only comes in preset tho.

Edited by Mitne

2 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Most mods in the game are honestly pretty nice as they are - IR was the outlier in that there was no real downside to it

1 minute ago, Nitronik said:
3 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Most mods in the game are honestly pretty nice as they are - IR was the outlier in that there was no real downside to it
And that was idiotic. Mods in theory should only change role of weapon - not enchant it.
0-slotted weapon should be equal to 3-slotted weapon with different kind of mods. Each mod should be advantage in one area for trade-off in other. Edited by Mitne
  • Thanks 1

Which brings us back to my point (and why I personally appreciate the IR change)

IR3 HS3 NTEC - CR762 tier TTK with CR762 tier range, this preset honestly works
IR3 OBIR - It starts stomping on sniper rifle territory

then there's other presets where this doesn't really work and only wrecks the weapon

IR3 CSG - self explanatory, even with more drop-off it's still a shotgun and it'll only tickle you at range
IR3 ATAC - the gun is simply not accurate enough to be a threat down range

For the above two weapons - IR1 is still far from optimal, but it'd make them more usable short term.
They weren't P2W tier OP (unlike other cash shop weapons that got nerfed) so one couldn't honestly expect them to be practically destroyed
  Edited by Nitronik

This game is  goin down because people like you.

People buying premade ATACs instead of open 3 slot. LMAO

The only excuse to this would be buying the premade ATACs years ago when they first came out before the open slot. Otherwise it is your own fault.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The only excuse to this would be buying the premade ATACs years ago when they first came out before the open slot. Otherwise it is your own fault.

Or the patroller that's included in the KTTW pack
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I disagree

and what about the CSG? RT came later, TAS-20 with RS3 and MP3 came much later - either you got a IR3 one or you didn't get it at all

Realtalk: Guns werent ruined, guns were changed. LO has the right to do this at any time, just as G1 of old did. This is no different just because its a mod. All that happened is the final stats of a weapon changed. Learn to use your new weapon or dont... your call. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Realtalk: Guns werent ruined, guns were changed. LO has the right to do this at any time, just as G1 of old did. This is no different just because its a mod. All that happened is the final stats of a weapon changed. Learn to use your new weapon or dont... your call. 

One doesn't gain any practical advantage by having IR3 on a CSG or their ATAC

Nothing prevents me from slapping Heavy Barrel on a shotgun but that will do *nothing* but decrease damage

1 hour ago, Nitronik said:

Nothing prevents me from slapping Heavy Barrel on a shotgun but that will do *nothing* but decrease damage
It increases range on my tas20 stock just fine, wym?
Same for the atac, no?

On 10/7/2018 at 3:14 PM, Nitronik said:

Shotguns are now limited to 10M range, so IR does have a meaningful impact on their performance.

Crazy idea. What if Heavy Barrel decreased shotgun spread? You'll lose a little damage, but your hits will be more consistent.

19 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Crazy idea. What if Heavy Barrel decreased shotgun spread? You'll lose a little damage, but your hits will be more consistent.
way to make fun of me 😞

2 minutes ago, Nitronik said:
way to make fun of me 😞
I didn't mean to. I was thinking of how HB could be improved. It's kind of useless as is on most weapons since it takes an extra shot to kill. ATM, the only weapons I would use it on are the NSSW (HB2) and the CR762 (HB3).

45 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
I didn't mean to. I was thinking of how HB could be improved. It's kind of useless as is on most weapons since it takes an extra shot to kill. ATM, the only weapons I would use it on are the NSSW (HB2) and the CR762 (HB3). 

I'd be interested to see how good HB would be if instead of reducing bloom per shot it instead reduced max bloom. Currently there's a lot of presets with HB3 on them that don't make a lot of sense (such as the SHAW).

3 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
3 hours ago, Nitronik said:
way to make fun of me 😞
I made that exact same suggestion & got downvoted to hell 😛
  Edited by Nitronik